Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Tail Rotor Problem on S107g
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
December 27, 2012 - 12:20 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Supernova did a great video on tail motor below

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Syma Freak
Admin
December 27, 2012 - 12:19 pm

SteveB said
I'm no good at soldering and I don't have the tools.  How do I check this as I am having the same problem.  If I need to replace the rotor motor, I still need to solder, right?

Have done repairs no soldering using Black Liquid Electrical Tape and heat shrink tubing, never as good as soldering but does work.

Black-Liquid-Electrical-Tape.jpgImage Enlarger

Click here for link to Amazon for liquid tape

Heat shrink for around $7 click here

SteveB
Guests
December 27, 2012 - 10:07 am

I'm no good at soldering and I don't have the tools.  How do I check this as I am having the same problem.  If I need to replace the rotor motor, I still need to solder, right?

Freeonthree
Guests
January 24, 2012 - 5:49 pm

I went thru lots of tail motors on my Blade CP and Venom Night Ranger 3D, so I was wondering about motor issues on these S107G's. My first S107G should be here tomorrow.  I better start stocking up on spare parts so I don't get grounded.

Think i'll just get extra Heli's since there so darn inexpensive.  You get more parts that way, alot more...  Dennis

Syma Freak
Admin
January 24, 2012 - 3:54 pm

Steve said:

I found the problem.  The solder joint had cracked and the wire was making a very weak and occassional contact with the board.   Resoldered and flying again.   Thanks for all the helpful ideas.

Good on you buddy,you had the concept to work out your problem with the help of above posts- There really are some fantastic guys here helping with their posts on fixing any flying problems-Have to say what a great family we have here!

I am blown away with the help you all do- can only say thank you all.

Steve
Guests
January 24, 2012 - 3:45 pm

I found the problem.  The solder joint had cracked and the wire was making a very weak and occassional contact with the board.   Resoldered and flying again.   Thanks for all the helpful ideas.

syma rc helicopters
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 4:40 pm

Syma Freak said:

drewdane said:

you may want to make sure that the rotor blade isn't pressed down too far.

Really good point Drewdane,as have many emails that that fix has helped a lot of people.

absolutely !if ain't flying is funny and take off is not as smooth

Syma Freak
Admin
January 23, 2012 - 2:49 pm

drewdane said:

you may want to make sure that the rotor blade isn't pressed down too far.

Really good point Drewdane,as have many emails that that fix has helped a lot of people.

drewdane
Guests
January 23, 2012 - 4:08 am

I just replaced my tail motor. Pretty simple job, really. I'm airborne again! I knew that it was dead when I tried to turn it by hand, and ut felt like there was a dead spot. It would become harder to turn at one point in each revolution. Before you commit to replacing the motor, you may want to make sure that the rotor blade isn't pressed down too far.

Supernova
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 9:16 pm

I have never had one brake down but this may help.

http://syma107.com/forum/frequ.....ive-motor/

bvc
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 3:01 pm

Steve said:

Is this a common problem? 

I've only had one for 3 weeks, but in my research I have read several times it is common the tail rotor motor goes out on s107g's.

seaturtle
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 2:54 pm

i dont know.replacing the motor is probably the remedy.

Steve
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 8:48 am

The tail rotor motor on my 107 has pretty much quit.  When I try to activate it (forward and reverse), it jerks a little like its getting the signal, but it won't revolve unless I give it a spin with my finger.   The revs are slow though and it doesn't have much power.  The minute I let off the throttle, I can't get it started again without helping it with my finger.   Think it's the motor or the board?    I ordered a tail motor.   Is this a common problem? 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
21 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2