Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S111G Will Not Gain Height
spirittoo
Guests
January 12, 2015 - 4:15 pm

I tried changing the battery, but it didn't work ...

Redfive
Guests
January 12, 2015 - 6:46 am

It would seem the battery forgets what it is meant to do.

spirittoo
Guests
January 12, 2015 - 6:05 am

I did that too and let it sit for a few months ... when I tried flying it again ... no lift ... so it's just a matter of a short time before it will lose its lift.

Redfive
Guests
January 11, 2015 - 8:23 am

my 111 did this too. I took the cowards way out and brought another one. I do like the realistic body on them even if they do fly slowly,

spirittoo
Guests
December 27, 2014 - 9:16 am

The thing is ... they have not been damage ... they were all flying fine ... then they sat for a few months ... now they won't fly ... or don't have any lift.  Thanks for posting though.

Voxelflinger
Guests
December 26, 2014 - 5:02 am

Change the balance bar and rotor blades. Mine had some minor damage on the leading edges from hitting objects when crash landing.

What I could not see was the damage to the balance bar. I took the body apart and checked the gears. I drained the battery and fully charged it but no lift. After replacing the rotor blades I got a little more power. Replacing the balance bar gave me full lift.

Good thing I had a spare set of parts and i will be buying a few more!

The following users say thank you to Voxelflinger for this useful post:

Syma Freak
spirittoo
Guests
December 22, 2014 - 12:35 pm

Ah no no ... you misunderstood ... when I referred to "batteries" I meant in each heli ... I don't have two together.  I checked each one in each heli to see if they were good and they were ... but my girls still won't fly.  I don't know why some people are so down on the 3 channel ... sure they can't maneuver like a 4 channel, but they are still fun to fly.  I would like to get them air borne again if I can.

rbethman
Guests
December 22, 2014 - 9:23 am

spirittoo,

1) Don't use superglue.

2) it will never fly with two batteries.

3) Every helicopter I've ever owned has torque and vibration issues.

4) This is a GENERAL application for these and the R/C fueled helicopters - Loctite - specifically the BLUE label variety. Applied to shafts with gears, pinions, spurs, and their set screws.

I've never had this fail. BTW - The BLUE variety comes apart with normal tools, and NO excess force.

Regards, Bob, Robert, or Sarge.  Anyone whom "maybe" an amateur radio operator, then I add N0DGN

USA - Manassas, VA

spirittoo
Guests
December 21, 2014 - 8:17 am

Thank you ... I do like my collections ... people on the RC heli forum ask me why do I still fly the 3 ch. when I have 4 ch. heli  ... I tell them because I like them .... Now if I can just get them to fly again.  I tried changing the battery with the replacements I have but the results are the same.  I have a multimeter and I'm getting good readings from the batteries.  If anyone has any ideas what has knocked out my entire fleets of mini syma's please post.

Happy Holidays to one and all!!!

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
December 18, 2014 - 4:09 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sprittoo, Time for a battery change!

Yes I am experiencing the same. Most of my little ones will fly for

about 30 seconds or won't lift off at all. I replaced the battery in my two oldest

107s and they are fine now. Judging from how long you have been on this site,

I am thinking we have the same problem, they are just plain worn out. There is 

a thread on here about the battery life cycle and someone said they are good for

only so long. Remember we only paid less than US$ 20 or 30 for these little guys

so I have no issues with the battery going bad. Also please read the sections on

the "Frequent S107 Problems and How to Fix" on here to prolong your battery life.

As far as replacing the battery on the S111 goes, good luck! It's the same battery

but taking the S111 apart is a nightmare! I ended up buying a new one and keeping

the old one for parts! (To this day, the S111 remains my favorite!)

For your larger helis flying backwards, I don't have an answer there, perhaps

other members of the Forum can chime in here! 

Good luck and keep us posted!

BTW, nice collection!

spirittoo
Guests
December 18, 2014 - 11:14 am

Hilly Ho and Happy Holiday this year of 2014 ... Well sir ... each and every one of my mini syma helis will no longer fly after sitting for a few months.  Has anyone nipped this lack of lift problem in the bud??  Also the S023 keeps flying in reverse no matter what the adjustment on the control ... same with my S033 as well what's up with this anyone?

Syma/S023G/S026G/S033G/S33/S34/S107G/S108G/S111G/S113G

spirittoo
Guests
January 1, 2014 - 6:05 pm

Hilly Ho! Happy New Year!!!

Well sir I'm confused.  Which of the posts on how to repair the S107G when it loses it height and just sinks to the ground.  My 107S is doing the same thing my S111G is doing.  Hopefully the solution for the 107 will help me with the 111.  Thanks.

Syma Freak
Admin
August 6, 2013 - 3:12 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

Thanks SN

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Supernova
Guests
August 1, 2013 - 7:31 pm

spirittoo said
Quick question ... the motors for the 107 and the 111 are the same correct?

Yep same motors different gearbox.

SN.

Donna Free
Guests
July 23, 2013 - 9:15 am

spirittoo here ... well sir ... I bought another G111 and it was flying fine ... let it sit for a couple of months ... know it won't gain attitude.  Same problem as the first, not enough lift ... has anyone posted a solution for this problem yet??

Syma Freak
Admin
March 26, 2013 - 1:09 pm

spirittoo said

Supernova could help you there as he stripped one down,pretty sure same motors

spirittoo
Guests
March 18, 2013 - 7:44 am

spirittoo
Guests
March 18, 2013 - 7:10 am

Thanks for the input ... so you think it could be the motor?  Can you check it with a multimeter or do you just have to replace it and see what happens? It there a thread or notes that can give me an idea what parts are the same?  Was there something in the videos I overlooked?

CPD
Guests
March 12, 2013 - 4:06 am

Syma Freak said
You will find repairs to the S111G are really the same as the 107 ..we will get to your problem  ssw_yoda

Not to mention a good number of the parts. Not all, but quite a few are the same.

Syma Freak
Admin
March 11, 2013 - 7:34 pm

You will find repairs to the S111G are really the same as the 107 ..we will get to your problem  ssw_yoda

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9