Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S111G Review
Yiannakis
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 12:15 am
After opening the S111G I found that the battery cannot be moved forward because the wire to the control board is already tight, not leaving any possibility to be moved forward. So instead of starting to alter things, I let it be to a time when the battery must be replaced. Indeed putting the heli back together is quite a job. Getting the front window in place is one of the things rather tricky.
The wire to the gyro was slightly damaged on the insulation, caused by the fact that ex-works it was clamped  by one of the screws holding the both canopy parts. Beware of things like that when putting the 111 back together as wires can be moved.

I’m glad that, after putting it together, it still works!SurprisedLaugh

After a second consideration I could have turned it around indeed. But did not take the chance that by pulling it loose, the wire on the board could be disconnected.

bvc
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 2:47 pm

Makes sense. But then one has to wonder why they don't use the same motor in the 107.

CPD
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 12:43 pm

I think its because of how different the motors are. The 107 motors are sooo much larger, and that's why you get worse life.

bvc
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 12:04 pm

Yes. In another thread I mentioned my daughters s111g taking (I think) 50+ minutes new and weeks later taking over an hour. However, flight time is much longer than my s107g. I don't understand this. They supposedly have the same battery and they weight the same out of the box, and the s111g even has more lights. I have reduced the weight of the s107g and disconnected the lights, but hers still lasts much longer.

Supernova
Guests
January 27, 2012 - 4:49 am

Just thought I would say that this S111G takes about 1 hour 10 mins to charge up, I think they do very a bit even my 107s, take different times to charge. 

Supernova
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 2:58 am

Bluetak is great for ballast Wink

bvc
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 2:14 pm

Supernova said:

I must admit I had a bit of a job putting it back together,

You're not joking!

I was hoping to use a main inner shaft from an s107g on it, but it's not long enough. Will have to find one to order somewhere.

I moved the battery forward about 1/4 to 3/8 an inch so it no longer drifts backwards. Unfortunately it now drifts forward just a little, but my daughter says that's better than backward and she likes the extra speed.

bvc
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 9:36 am

Yes. Just pull off and push on.

Yiannakis
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 9:08 am

Supernova said:

I must admit I had a bit of a job putting it back together, but now I know how to do it, this will make it easier. 

Can the tail propellor simply be pulled from the axle or is there a special way to do it. Also putting it back on. Simply push it on?  Is there a  danger of misplacing the axle-with-inside-motorparts by handling as above mentioned?

Supernova
Guests
January 22, 2012 - 8:59 pm

I must admit I had a bit of a job putting it back together, but now I know how to do it, this will make it easier. 

bvc
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 12:49 pm

Yiannakis said:

Looking ate the opened S111G, I think that the battery can be moved a bit forward to achieve good balance.

Nice catch! I'll have to try that!

Yiannakis said:

An other thing that I see very often, is  that the loading time is stated as 20-30 min.

However, for both my S107 and S111 the loading time is at least 40 minutes. On the Syma site it says 50-60 minutes.

Flying time is ok, a little more than given by Syma. I normally fly 6.5 minutes but the S111 can fly at least a minute more.

Out of the box? Out of the box our s111 was about 50 minutes, but 3.5 weeks later it's over an hour to charge. The s107 out of the box was about 20 minutes but now it's about 40.

Out of the box our s111 would fly 3-5 minutes longer than our s107. It keeps going and going after the 107 is dead. Yes, we run them dead. It has a lot more flight time so the extra time is dwindling.

Yiannakis
Guests
January 21, 2012 - 10:12 am

Looking ate the opened S111G, I think that the battery can be moved a bit forward to achieve good balance. Now I added some weigt to the nose. It works, so I'll just be lazy and don't open it.

An other thing that I see very often, is  that the loading time is stated as 20-30 min.

However, for both my S107 and S111 the loading time is at least 40 minutes. On the Syma site it says 50-60 minutes.

Flying time is ok, a little more than given by Syma. I normally fly 6.5 minutes but the S111 can fly at least a minute more.

bvc
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 10:15 am

Nice job. I agree with just about everything. Now, to find a screw driver long enough to get to all of those screws. Got the TBE (after forward movement) here and I'm trying to find out why.

CPD
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 10:06 am

I will have to reccomend the 102- it is a very sturdy helicopter, and flies extremely well.

The only competition Syma has is on one end Airhogs charging the same price for junk 2 ch helis, Yiboo selling clones of Symas for twice the price, and rebranded s107's.

My take on these helicopters is that, as SF said, they're much more costly and much harder to repair than the 107's. They're great helis, but they're best used as a secondary heli to backup the 107.

macornley
Guests
January 20, 2012 - 7:31 am

I've been flying one for the past week, it's my first heli and I love it. Am blown away by how well it flies. Am now looking at a Black Hawk (s102g), and also quite fancy the larger Dauphin (s029g). For £20 these things are amazing 🙂

Out of interest, how do Syma stack up against the rest of the competition out there at this end of the market?

Cheers

Matt

Syma Freak
Admin
January 19, 2012 - 2:41 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Syma S111G RC Helicopter

Syma-S-111GImage Enlarger

The Syma S111G RC helicopter has a great appearance - does it fly as well as it looks?-view review

Well as always here are some specs on the S111G

• Battery: 3.7v 150mAh
  • Charge time: 20-30minutes
  • Aviate Time: 5-6minutes
  • Helicopter battery: Rechargeable lithium polymer battery
  • Frequency: Infra red control system
  • Range: Up to 10m (30ft)

ITEM INCLUDED Syma S111G

• 1 x Helicopter
  • 1 x Remote Controller
  • 1 x USB Charging Cable
  • 1 x Manual-Not really that good.

Packing Info

Per Unit

• Dimension: 49 x 10 x 19cm
  • Gross Weight: 510g
  • Per CTN (18 Units)
  • Dimension: 82 x 38 x 57cm
  • Gross Weight: 11,900g

Some Photos of the Syma S111G RC Helicopter

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

This review of the Syma S111G is courtesy of Supernova (Bernie)  a moderator on my Syma Forum.

Both myself and Bernie take our Syma helicopter reviews very seriously and try to give good and bad points on every review.

-------------------------

Good points of The Syma S111G.

The S111G box has a great design with nice colors, white red and black and lots of info on the front.

Image Enlarger

• Opening the box has the same old problem with the remote dropping to the floor because it is not tied in like the Copter.
  • Flight time was 7 mins 46 seconds the same as a S107 G
  • The color scheme is excellent and great attention to detail, looks like the real thing in flight.
  • The rotor blades have a greater pitch than the Syma S107G that helps with the control in a tight space.
  • I do like the flashing lights underneath, and the top front light reflects on the underside of the bottom rotor, nice touch.
  • The front light looks like a search light and stays on, not flashing.
  • The rear stabilizer blades don't seem to be a problem but some people think they get effected with down draught, I did not have a problem with this.
  • As the entire body is enclosed it is difficult to see the workings but the detail and looks make up for this.
  • Hovers very well and able to move very slowly for landing on a small spot.
  • I like the  on / off switch and charge port underneath because the side panels stay free of interruption from the great lines.

Bad points Of the Syma S111G.

• Seems to drift to the right slightly but easily corrected when moving around.
  • The rear, fake rotor, is fixed tight, but could be free spinning in the down draught from the control rear rotor.
  • The undercarriage is like an airfix kit part, not good for landing on anything other than a smooth table top.
  • The wheels could be free spinning, to make forward take off easier and the rear skid usable on landing.
  • The charge port is at the bottom, means it has to be on its side when charging, not an issue for me but for some ? may be.

To open the body there are 17 screws!!! this could be frustrating when a repair is needed as they dont come out very easily.When open the internals are very well designed I must say! this I was impressed with, but not impressed with the fact that the wiring is fixed to the oposite side to the mechanics this makes working on it to say the least very difficult.

To sum up I like the authentic look and attention to detail of the Syma S111G also flight control, but inside it could be better.

As with all Lipo batteries in these helis, please let battery cool down after flying before recharging, otherwise your battery will not last long.

Some more photos below of the Syma S111G Bernie took of a strip down to show you the wiring features.

CLICK PHOTOS TO ENLARGE

Syma-S11G-Strip-downImage Enlarger

Syma-S11G-Strip-down-2Image Enlarger

Supernova just did a flight video of the Syma S111G

The best buying places for the Syma S111G -Listed Below:

Lightake -Genuine Helicopters.  Free Shipping

Amazon- Buyers Safety.

Spare Parts - Syma S111G

Syma-S111G-ChargingImage Enlarger

Syma-S111G-2Image Enlarger

Crazy video on Syma S111G

The Syma Forum