Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma s107 no blade spin
Tags: Syma X9
syma_chop_captain
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 1:44 pm

Thank you.  I will check the battery to see if it is bloated.   Might even order a new one anyway.  I'll give you all a status when I do this..

SCC

Supernova
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 5:46 am

Na not power saving, just need a glow that is all.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 5:06 am

Oh! Cause they are led and led lights are power saving, right?

Supernova
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:47 am

The lights take next to no power at all, but the motors draw a big punch for flying.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:35 am

Hm, that's weird.. It makes sense, thats just kinda weird..

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:05 am

Somebody else was posting with the same issue, and Supernova figured that out exactly as a dead battery.

You know how when you're at the end of your flight, and the lights still go, but you can't get the motors to go anymore, that's where the battery is. Just enough to power the low-draw of the LED, but not enough for the MB and motors.

You can check easilly for dead motors, though, if you have a fake and a real with the same charge port. They're oposit polarity, and you get motors spinning backward when plugged in from the wrong charger to disipate the power from the cord. Did that to check the rumors with my 102 using my hybrid s107's charger, and it works.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 4:29 pm

I was actually thinking a dead motor considering the lights still flash.

CPD
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 1:56 pm

Dead-ish battery. Look it over- if it's bloated, order a new 3.7v 240mah battery from amazon.

Have to let it cool for 5 minutes or more before and after charging. More is good, less is bad. If it's a bloated/bad battery, it'll charge enough for the LED, but it will not power the heli at all.

Take care of the toys, they're delicate for being tough. That battery and their gears are their soft underbelly. Hit either with a proverbial spear, and it's ditw.

Flashey, flashey, no flie. (if that's how you properly spell "fly-e")

syma_chop_captain
Guests
January 5, 2012 - 1:11 pm

Thanks for asking.  No noise from either of the motors or the heli at all.  Very frustrating.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 6:50 pm

Can you hear the motor trying to move? Like a clicking noise? Or is there even a noise?

syma_chop_captain
Guests
January 4, 2012 - 12:48 pm

Bought my s107 recently.  Flew like a champ for about 2 weeks.  One day after charging, I get no response from the s107.  The lights come on and I turn it on first then the controller and vice-versa but no spin on either blades.  Tried another controller from a new s107 and still no response.  What could be wrong?  It is charging because I've left the lights on it until they go out then I charge it for the normal 40 mts - whenCry light on USB comes on again. 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
11 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2