Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma S107 Modifications
SymaGuru
Members
September 23, 2016 - 3:19 pm
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I've owned many different Syma Coaxials. Besides the S107G and S107C I've own or owened the S107N, S5, S6, S8 and S36. Then the S102G, S108G, S109G and S026G. Finally I have a 4 channel S800G. What's good and what's not so good compared to the S107G? Only 3 are clearly better fliers in my opinion. The S36 and S8 and 4 channel S800G.

I like the military scale heli's but only the S026G Chinook is really quick and fun to fly. The S109G cobra isn't to bad but the S102G and S108G I only keep because they look great. The tiny S6 is fun and truely tiny and I highly recommend it. The S5 and S107N I no longer have. The old S107G and it's tandem motor configuration is simply better overall and you will be disappointed with the S5 and S107N compared to the S107G.

On to my favorite mod on any Syma Micro Coaxial. Blade Nano QX CCW blade installed replacing the stock tail rotor. These will double if not triple the forward speed on any Syma Micro coaxial and you don't have to reverse the motor to use them. If they don't stay on tight a touch of thread lock will keep it in place no problem. 

One good thing about the Syma S5. It uses a lighter and shorter fly bar and can be installed on any S107G as well as the S102G S108G and S109G. More speed and mobility but a little less stable. Hope this is somewhat useful information. I don't recommend the smaller fly bar on the slightly larger S36 and S8. They are fast enough to the point of being unstable just with the Nano QX CCW tail rotor upgrade. You can pick them up for less than $5 a pair and you can get them in Black, Yellow, Lime Green, Baby Blue and Clear. If you need to be able to fly backwards quickly as well you can buy Nano QX 3D straight blades but they are sold 4 to a set and 2 of the 4 Blades will be useless unless you reverse the polarity of the tail motor in your Syma. They come with 2 Red and 2 Grey blades to a set and run around $8 bucks a set. You loose only a little forward speed VS the standard Nano QX Blades but you do gain allot in reverse with the simple straight pitch Nano QX 3D Blades. I've got dozens of hours of flight time on my Micro Syma's and haven't had to replace a tail motor yet even with these tail rotors installed.

The following users say thank you to SymaGuru for this useful post:

Syma Freak
Bloodtiger
Guests
February 4, 2011 - 7:00 am

Modding the S107 was easy to do. I followed the tail mod and used an old tail rotor from anothr product. I also had the tail replacement tool which made it easier for me to do. Just don't rush through or you could lose screws (like I almost did) You don't need a lot of tools to work on it. I had a eyeglass screw driver and that tool. 

Syma Freak
Admin
January 17, 2011 - 6:04 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Syma S107 Modifications:

Syma_tail_rotorImage Enlarger

There is a few, however the only one I recommend to get the forward and reverse on the Syma to be faster is to change the rear rotor blade to a Picooz tail rotor blade. I found this video below-you need to invert the tail motor with the Picooz tail blades-more to come on this as in process of testing this concept. Let me tell you this little bird is really ok without any mods-but If you are like me you will eventually want more speed. Just experience what you have first. Picooz Tail Blades Link

Another video of tail motor mod

Another modification is to take out the throttle spring that from factory has a fair bit of tension and flicks back to no throttle if you take your finger off the throttle control-My advice is to just fly the Syma 107 for awhile before changing anything until you want more control- video below from YouTube--

Hacking battery to a 150mAh battery-Cool idea-Not something I would do on your first Syma S107.

Extra Navigation Lights- Sorry to say I have no idea how to do this- not LED Master! Interesting tho.

Please be careful doing any mods could screw you Syma S107 to the burial ground- lol

Syma S107 Camera Mod

Emails Sent to me on Syma S107 Modifications:

From Don--

I really like your controller modification to change the power lever from spring action to resistance.  Clever.  I wanted to let you know that I discovered you also use the variable resister on the right side at the bottom of the joystick mount to center/adjust the forward/reverse action.  On my controllers, the lever had to be pressed too far forward before the tail motor spun up.  Now it only has to be a little forward.  Much nicer and more controllable.  I don't know if you knew about this mod.  It really helps fine control greatly.
Don- Thank you D really love your feed back-SF

----------------

Also, I fixed a bad case of TBE (Toilet Bowl effect), where the heli "swings around in a circle" instead of hovering in one place- by tightening the bottom blades.
If you want to use this tip and/or the one about the controller mod on your site I can write them up nice and maybe even to a video on the controller one some day.
Don-Mate we need your video-great work -SF

----------------

Disclamier

Point to mention-If you are going to do any modifications I and Syma manufacturer are not held responsible for your mods-Do not do mods and expect a warranty on your Syma S107-Just beware you are on your own with any modifications you do to your Syma-

Dale has sent me some photos of a great battery Mod-Worth a Look-Click

Syma-107-battery-modImage Enlarger

Syma S107 Battery Problems
Clones and Fake Syma S107
Home-Syma S107 Review
My Syma Store
Dales Battery Mod

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)