Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Syma helicopter knuckles
how many should there be !
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 2:41 am

Ah, ok. It's the s116g, not 119g. It's the micro heli. I'm sure the micros have a lot of different things on them.

I'll have to look around on ebay for one.

Only thing is, you're obviously in England, I'm in the US, so I might not be able to get a 119g.

While-Posting Edit: Ok, just looked it up, and while I could get a s116g from England, I cannot get a s119g, and there are no s116g's on the US Ebay except for the international sellers. :(

polecat
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 1:32 am

It was £17.99 and I got it from Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1907.....1497.l2649

It really is a very nice helicopter and flys as stable as the 107G but much faster in forward / reverse flight

It came supplied with only one buckle though and also the photo on the box shows one so I added one that I bought as spares and it does not seem to make much diference to the UH-1 but the chinook is a lot less toiletbowly with 4 on it !

CPD
Guests
September 20, 2012 - 12:31 am

Ok, where did you buy it, how much did it cost, and if I can't get it off of them, is there any where else you know of selling it? I've been looking for the s119g since they were supposed to make it back in March.

polecat
Guests
September 19, 2012 - 6:25 pm

Thanks for the reply

The 119G is most deifinatly a Syma and is even on their website so I presume they sell them (Army Huey) this came with one knuckle and the chinook also came only with one on each rotor head.

On the website both of these helicopters show two knuckles fitted.

The avatar style helicopter is as you said not a SYMA its a DFD F103 (assumed it was a syma :) ! )

The UH-1 is definatly not a cheap one it is a really good flyer (even with one knuckle) and very fast in forward flight compared to a 107G

I think there is more to this, as the UH-1 on the SYMA box supplied only shows one knuckle on the photo also !

Think I will buy some spare ones and fit them to this and the chinook to balance them up better then :)

CPD
Guests
September 19, 2012 - 1:20 pm

Well, here's the two big things--Syma "made" a UH-1, but did not actually sell them, (s119g and s116g micro) and never have made an "avatar" style heli. That's the problem--they're just not syma brand.

I'm guessing you bought the cheap huey that breaks in 2-3 flights, and the cheap ones all have just one to save costs. They don't neccesarilly fly better or worse with one or two, although having two makes it more balanced. The reasoning for having two is double safety, where if one breaks or is knocked off, it can still fly.

polecat
Guests
September 18, 2012 - 10:20 pm

Hi

I have several models of Syma micro helicopters and have notices some have Two knuckles fitted and others have one.

It is not just models that are diferent as I have also notices some models are advertised with one and the same model from another seller have two

Is this a way to cut cost or do they actually fly better with one

107's have two, mini chinook has one ,avatar has two,uh-1 has one,s111g has two and the apache has one !

Any ideas ?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5