Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Swann Micro Lightning
Tags: Syma X9
Gilbo
Guests
December 2, 2011 - 4:50 am

Syma Freak,

I get what you are saying. I think paying crareful attention to the telltale signs here on the website are the key to dodging the fakes as opposed to the rebranded. Also, the kicker for me anyway, was taking a peek at the circuitboard in my Swan. It was marked just like the ones in the parts photos out there. I figure a faker would put whatever they can cobble together inside hoping/ knowing the average consumer would never notice.

As an aside, I'm at am impasse with my Swan now. I think I already fried the battery in my quest to fix my stability issue. It doesn't seem to generate enough RPM's to lift now. DAMN!!! Oh well, like I said, this will be my Frankenstein. I'll buy my boys new Symas and this will be the Daddy model.

CPD
Guests
December 2, 2011 - 1:22 am

The one I bought, at least, is a genuine Syma. Correct motors, round charger, correct remote, granted my hybrid won't bind since it's, well, a hybrid, correct motherboard color and led color, correct blades, correct body, correct everything.

Got it stripped down to nothing, about ready to put into the body, once I get that done.

Before that though, I'll fly it around as a S53.5g

(ok, just did that--- doesn't work... too light!!!)

Syma Freak
Admin
December 1, 2011 - 5:43 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Guys,please be careful thinking guess you call them rebranded,as down under in Aussie-easier to say clones-Clones can be ok as have a few,they will bind with another remote,however fakes will not bind with genuine remote-as i see it so many other companies have copied a lot of Syma design,however their mother boards are made by other companies not by Syma,hence the binding problem.

I could not help my self today bought a dead set look alike Syma S032 with shark heli on box from a wholesale electric stop that sells products for electricians.A complete piece of s--- remote was missing screws,blades so brittle broke on first flight,went back got my money back-$59 au-I got the manager and stuck it right up him,he was in shock,imagine trying to tell me about helis,no i am still learning as we all are,but hey know how they work.

When i explained what he was selling and how much drama it would cause him by upsetting his regular clients,he took the 10 down he had for sale-he had bought them from a chonky guy that turned up in a van-really pisses me off-not owners fault as knows nothing about helis.

Lesson for all,helis are everywhere this Xmas,cheap is not the best-buy genuine ones less problems-Guess got all that off my chest,thanks for reading.YellEmbarassed

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 2:35 pm

Wow, though. My 107g hybrid has to use its own remote, my new rebranded s107 has to use its remote, and my s102 has to use its own remote.

At least I have my replacement blades in!

JMBishop
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 2:16 pm

My swan was $40 at Fry's electronics, It was overpriced compared to online but was worth it, it proved that these little helicopters are actually controllable enough to be worth buying.

It is the same as the s107 models and it does work with the s107 remotes.

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 12:40 pm

Just bought the rebranded one I'll rip apart at Aldi's. $25, but it's worht the convienence.

Only thing is, now I have 3 helis, and 3 chargers. Hopefully it'll bind to the original remote. That'll be a mess if I have 3 helis, 3 chargers, and 3 remotes, but only enough batteries for two, or one and my camera that I use for higher-quality videos.

Gilbo
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 11:02 am

Excellent info. I was just going by the looks and specs of some others that I saw. Excellent marketing strategy on behalf of Syma!

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 8:14 am

Ok, so no official list of rebrands, although there's a debunked syma website with one, but it's not working, and I can't get to it.

The Helizone Firebird, the ones we've brought up, and Helo TC are the primary ones, with a philipean brand for them being pelican storm, although all I found on amazon for them were Pelican storm-proof storage cases...

Must be pretty good- there's a post on an AR-15 forum about them being a must own...

The Helo TC is a great-looking one, but only comes as an iHeli.

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 7:40 am

Yeah, the one at Aldi's is a different brand, but 100% real.

Personally, I'd rather by the re-branded one, since it has such a higher chance of being real. What company's going to buy fake ones to re-brand for their own knock-off brand? Plus, with a store, you can see if it has the correct motors in the pack, rather than hope for the right one from amazon.

Should look up to see if there is a list of re-brands for symas out there... (i'll be bachk!)

Gilbo
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 7:15 am

Thanks for the replys everyone!! The Swann cost $20.00 US. However, they are no longer in stock here at least. Costco sometimes pics up one time buys on small things and sells them cheap. Swann is a tech company that seems to focus on security technology. As a matter of fact, in my late night searching, I get the feeling that there are possibly other re-branded Symas out there.

I am going to keep this one for me and get my both my sons Syma helis. I will try to fix this one and use it as a Frankensyma....try to mod it and goof ya know. 

Good times!!

Gilbo

CPD
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 1:56 am

Hmmmm… that gives me a bit of an idea…

BTW, are they cheaper than the regular Symas? I saw somebody bought a rebranded one at Aldi's, so I'm very tempted to go there at some point and see if they have them, and if so for how much.

I looked them up on amazon, and their double the cost.

If there was an even cheaper route, that'd be very nice for modding. The black finish on the metal and better colors is also a nice plus.

The only thing is that they look more similar to s105's I think.

Ok, found it online- $25, so about the same cost, for an off-branded one...

http://aldi.us/us/html/offers/.....U_HTML.htm

JMBishop
Guests
December 1, 2011 - 1:10 am

You are correct, the Swann Micro Lightning is actually a re-branded S107.

Gilbo
Guests
November 30, 2011 - 5:19 pm

My wife bought a Swann Micro Lightning heli at a local Costco recently at my suggestion for my youngest son. One of the guys at work had one and I thought it was really cool.

At any rate, tonight we encountered some hovering/control issues. I started some general internet searching and it appeared that the Swann Micro Lightning is actually a re-branded S107.  Is this correct? I plan on buying the Syma brand helis from now on but, if I need parts to keep this one going I wanted to know from the experts.

I also posted my specific issue in the "Hovering issues" thread below. I didn't want to hijack it with this particular new guy question.

Thanks!

Gilbo

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9