Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Spins without control
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
December 8, 2011 - 12:28 pm

Yeah, that sounds more and more like it's spent. they're not meant to last forever...

mcr10
Guests
December 8, 2011 - 12:26 pm

It seems like something in the control board rather than mechanical.  Can not keep it from spinning with the trim or the stick.  If the stick is moved just slightly to the left or right to stop the spin, it goes very fast in the direction of stick movement or trim control.   Time for another one.   It had been needing trim control through out the last few times I flew it, but was very stable, so guess something was going bad electrically then.   

Thanks for the suggestions.    

CPD
Guests
December 7, 2011 - 9:52 am

Is it only when you hit the stick, or all of the time?

Once again, two different problems...  If all the time, then it's a motor blown. If just when you hit the stick, it could be a gear, a motor's slow, or something with the motherboard or remote.

It should turn faster one direction than the other, though, since the balance bar adds mass to the one rotor set, making those have more force to turn it and making the other set not have nearly as much, making them not rotate the bird as fast.

Supernova
Guests
December 7, 2011 - 6:33 am

Always good to have spares, I bought 4 After my first, so loads to play with.

Good luck and enjoy Smile

Keep us posted. 

mcr10
Guests
December 7, 2011 - 6:27 am

CPD said:

Is it spinning like a top, and can't be corrected at all, no matter how much trim, or slightly turning to one side, and you just can't quite get the tuning right on the trim?

Those are two completely different problems, with two completely different solutions. If you can't get it trimmed, bring it to a slight hover on a smooth surface, like a kitchen counter, and barely tap on the trim control with a pencil or something-- It's harder than you'd think it'd be to get right, and it changes every freaking time you make a slight modification or repair.

Right.  It is spinning like a top.  If I tap the right or left control it spins like a top.  I saw the video on the gears that may be the problem.  At this point, I will probably just order another chopper only and a set of gears and keep this one for spares unless there is a fix.

Thanks. 

CPD
Guests
December 7, 2011 - 4:47 am

Is it spinning like a top, and can't be corrected at all, no matter how much trim, or slightly turning to one side, and you just can't quite get the tuning right on the trim?

Those are two completely different problems, with two completely different solutions. If you can't get it trimmed, bring it to a slight hover on a smooth surface, like a kitchen counter, and barely tap on the trim control with a pencil or something-- It's harder than you'd think it'd be to get right, and it changes every freaking time you make a slight modification or repair.

Supernova
Guests
December 7, 2011 - 4:47 am

Try to compensate with the R,  L, lever.

mcr10
Guests
December 7, 2011 - 4:10 am

Hi,

I have about 4-5 hrs. on my S107 and it was flying very stable up till now.  Not sure what has happened, but when taking off, it immediately goes into a spin and is not controllable.  I have tried to use the yaw trim, but it over-controls either ccw or cw.  I suppose it may be time to get another one and use this one for spare parts unless someone has a fix.  

TIA 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5