Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Spinning like a kamizaki :)
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
March 9, 2014 - 4:22 am

Ok, the simple answer is one gear set isn't moving as fast as the other because something is slowing it down.

I googled Wurth, and from what I saw, and PLEASE correct me where I go wrong, it's a semi-synthetic, almost like a UK version of WD-40. Now, I know WD-40 is alright for plastics, but I do not know about if it's fine for electrical stuff. Some lubricants like that are conductive and may cause issues. If it is conductive and ended up in a motor, then you could have some serious problems, and probably either shorted or fried some coils in it. Also, as SF noted, check for hair, grit, ect. that stuck to the lubricant. That'd slow it down a lot too. The simplest problem could have been that you lubricated one gear set, significantly more than the other, which didn't get as much as it needed. That would slow it down, but I don't know if it would do it to that degree.

One last thing to check now that I think of it, is if you are experiencing gearslip. I know Supernova posted a video in his video section of the forum on it, and that might be of help. If the lubricant was able to squeeze between the gear and into the shaft, where they are held together, then it could be causing it to slip prematurely. They usually don't do this until it's older, and the gear is pulling out of the shaft at the bottom, but if there's something lubricating the joint, where there shouldn't be, then it might cause the issue.

Syma Freak
Admin
March 8, 2014 - 3:45 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Have you checked if you might have picked up any hairs on the gears after lubricating, was all flying ok before you did that?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Alkuimista
Guests
March 3, 2014 - 4:52 am

Hello all, I'm a happy owner of a Syma S107G! 

Everything runned perfect out of the box, till the day I had this "stupid" idea of lubricate the gears with some würth spray lubricant, since then my helicopter spins like crazy, with lots of sensibility in the rotary trim in the controller, to not talk about the right joystick of the controller.

I've dismounted it a few times and checked every thing without result.

Any help would be great.

Sorry if I'm creating this topic in the wrong place, but in doing it from my iPhone, and I can't check all the sections of this forum!

Thanks in advance

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5