Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S111G - Won't take off :-(
Tags: Syma X9
Leona Lippa
Guests
March 31, 2013 - 12:58 pm

HELP!!!! my dad crashed his S111G and now the Cervo? (that's what he's calling it) will not return to neutral. any ideas how to fix it. thanks

macornley
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 7:01 pm

I'm thinking a new motor might be in order, but wondering how easy they are to replace, will i need to learn how to solder?

austinheli
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 1:49 pm

i have the same issue w/ my 107g.  crashed and now the top rotor will not match rpm to gain lift.

i have watched the video above and a broken connection does not seem to be the issue.  i have checked the gears and all gears are connected and spinning, both under power and manually.  

i'm determined to best this tiny inanimate object, but i'm too much of a noob w/ these helis to know what i'm doing!

thanks in advance for any suggestions.  this site is great!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 9:56 am

Did you take it apart to check the gears? It sounds like a gear slid up on the motor. And that will happen if you crashed like I did lol. I fixed it though.

macornley
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 8:02 am

Hmmm, just taken her apart and can't see any damage inside, all seems to be working ok. And the rotor head assembly is fine too. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the motors.

Taking this thing apart has made me realise the pros of a 107, metal chassis, everything accessible, and replaceable. Whilst my 111 looks great I'm getting the impression a 107 might be much more practical in terms of fixing and replacing parts.

macornley
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 11:20 pm

Thanks Dennis, have checked the video but don't think there's any damage to where the rotors meet the shaft. Am thinking it may be a gearing problem, gonna have a look inside. There's lots of screws on these s111g's !!!

Freeonthree
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 10:18 pm

If you havn't seen this video, check it out.   Dennis

/forum/general-syma-s107-information/please-look-at-this-before-you-ask-why-is-my-helicopter-not-flying-as-it-did/

Freeonthree
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 9:28 pm

Have you had some harsh blade strikes (furniture etc…) ?  You may have stripped a gear and it's slipping under load.

If it tries to rotate when you spool it up, one blade is lacking rpm. Remember these things turn by changining the blade rpm, one verses the other. Main cause of stripped gears is blade strikes. A whole new set of gears is very cheap, like 3 bucks if I remember right. Im new to these micro's, and the s107g, so i've been checking out all the parts that are available for them, and I am very pleased. It appears that we can get every single part. 

I believe one guy found a bad electrical connection to his board. Cracked solder joint as I remember, so if the gears are ok, check the wiring connections with lots of magnifacation, and don't be afraid to wiggle or pull gently.

Before suspecting electrical, make sure both connection links are still attached to the flybar balls and blade grips.

Actually, suspect the little connection links before anything  :>)  

My plan of attack would be flybar links, gears, then electrical.  Let us know what you find.  Dennis 

macornley
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 8:51 pm

My S111G has suddenly stopped getting any lift. The battery is fully charged but it won't lift even with full throttle.

When I give it just a little bit of throttle the lower rotors spin as they should but the upper rotors don't start spinning until I give it more throttle. they seem to be on catch up and clatter into the bottom rotors.

Once upto speed both rotors turn as they should but the helicopter just crabs around on the floor and won't lift off.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks...

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9