Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107g won't take off
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
October 31, 2016 - 9:42 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

crigon_04 Lots of past post you might wish to view

Is the main shaft bent? old trick be careful but bend straight-keep us posted SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

jfin89
Guests
October 31, 2016 - 5:20 am

Hello, I have the same problem I think.  I've tried the main shaft repair video but no joy. Im guessing the gears will move too quickly to notice a problem but I've looked at all gears and all teeth are there. Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance 

Jake 

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
jbrumberg
Guests
April 3, 2013 - 12:05 am

Great analysis of problem and repair ssig_goodjob2

Jeff Barron
Guests
April 2, 2013 - 1:05 pm

My S 107G would power up and would not take off.  After much tinkering and taking it apart several times I solved my problem.  The primary cause was that the shaft which controls the top rotor blades was installed from the mfg upside down with the indexed portion of the shaft at the nylon gear, not the set screws in the top rotor blade.  After installing the shaft correctly, I found that the nylon gear fit snug, but it must have been slipping on the shaft when powered up.  I solved this by lightly sanding the shaft where the gear mounts with 220 grit sand paper and putting on a small dab of red loctite thread locker.  I made sure that no extra thread locker was on the shaft after I pressed it on, I cleaned up the extra thread locker with a cotton thread so as not to lock the two counter rotating gears together and allowed it to set for 24hrs.  After reassembly, it flew!

This work requires dis-assembly of the upper and lower frame units and twisting and pulling the pressed on lower main rotor nylon gear.  Not impossible, but requires patience.

CPD
Guests
February 7, 2012 - 7:25 am

Old_Iron_Spine said:

Does it squeal when it is on? If a gear slipped, and the corners barly touch, they squeal. They also squeal if the gears are shredded. If a gear is shredded, it will go to full power and the rotors will spin like it is touching. However, the one missing tooth will cause it to skip and it won't get up off of the ground because helicopters need full power to get up. If it was an airplane with a missing tooth, it can get up off the ground cause it's being pulled. Airplanes have wings that provide lift, helicopters have rotors the provide lift. Do you see what I'm saying?

That brings up a good point. When real helis are overweight, (and I've done this with my 102 to try it, just not overwieght) they can get up if they move foreward really fast over long enough of a distance. They don't really need full power to get up, then-you can get initial lift with minimal power. That said, if the heli has at least enough power to do that, then it could be just a tooth broke.

The possabilities of gear slip and tooth break are probably the best shot. Either way, you're probably going to need to at least take off the gears. I'd suggest touching the top of the main shaft and seeing if it nearly stops and squeels, and carefully reach in to touch the top or bottom of the blade grips for the lower one. I know that they usually stop before the top, but how soon and in exactly what way could be the key.

The other, unexplored, possability is that the battery's fried. That'll produce the same problem sometimes, where it just has enough energy to move the blades, but not enough to give them the power to lift. While you're at it, look at the battery (it's the big silver thing in the nose-can't miss it) and see if it's soft and looks bloated. It'll easilly get cooked if you carge, then immediately fly, then immediately charge more than once in its lifetime.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 7, 2012 - 5:39 am

Does it squeal when it is on? If a gear slipped, and the corners barly touch, they squeal. They also squeal if the gears are shredded. If a gear is shredded, it will go to full power and the rotors will spin like it is touching. However, the one missing tooth will cause it to skip and it won't get up off of the ground because helicopters need full power to get up. If it was an airplane with a missing tooth, it can get up off the ground cause it's being pulled. Airplanes have wings that provide lift, helicopters have rotors the provide lift. Do you see what I'm saying?

Supernova
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 11:35 pm

Could be gear slip on the shaft there may be a loose one, they can strip the spline in the center of the gear.

seaturtle
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 11:37 am

there is a little flat spot on the top of the shaft.make sure one of the set screws lands on it before you tighten it on.

Snoozington
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 6:43 am

Supernova. I looked at your video thanks. Hasn't made any difference though but I do seem to have made it worse!. There is nothing wrong with the shaft. It is not broken like the one in your video.

I think there is a problem with the screws which hold the top rotor on? They just won't tighten enough to keep the rotor connected to the shaft well enough.

When I try to fly it the problem remains the same - the rotors both turn but the copter stays grounded and then spins in one direction. If I stop and try again the top blades don't move at all. I think that is down to the looseness of the screws?

Can you help?

Thanks.

bvc
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 3:26 am

Snoozington said:

> rotors spin but nothing. Only maybe strange thing I
notice is that the

> bottom rotor stops quicker than the top.

Both my 107 and daughters 111 does that. It's normal.

Supernova
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 9:37 pm

Hi Snoozington, and welcome to the forum.

Have a look at my video this could help you.

Snoozington
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 9:23 pm

> Hi,

> Hope you can help. My son's S107g worked fine to
start with but after a

> couple of crashes it will not take off. There are
new batteries in the

> controller and it is fully charged but it doesn't leave the ground. Both

> rotors spin but nothing. Only maybe strange thing I
notice is that the

> bottom rotor stops quicker than the top.

> Any ideas?

> Thanks.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9