Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107G will not take off
Syma Freak
Admin
January 8, 2014 - 3:07 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Here is a link to wiring diagram http://www.brasswings.com/rcsyma.html I will try to find what you need for parts.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Big John
Guests
January 6, 2014 - 8:34 am

Thanks for this.  It is a nice and simple design so taking it apart should not be that difficult.  Is there a diagram some where that shows ALL the parts and how they go together?  For example, I found a very small washer that fits on the main shaft just under the top rotor blades, but this washer doesn't show up in any drawings or parts list that I have been able to find so far.

Thanks,

John

Syma Freak
Admin
January 5, 2014 - 7:55 pm

Big John said
Just got an S107G for Christmas.  I had no problems getting it to fly (a couple of "tours of duty") but then it crashed and the top rotor assembly came off.  I THINK I got all the pieces back on, but it no longer has the ability to get airborne.  It only has about 7 or 8 minutes air time, and was fresh out of the box less than two weeks ago, and I have followed all the tips for charging.  Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks, John

Well it sounds like a bad crash, one needs to check the complete heli, especially the nylon gears to see any broken, there is always a reason after a bad crash other things could be damaged,

Big John
Guests
January 5, 2014 - 4:46 pm

Just got an S107G for Christmas.  I had no problems getting it to fly (a couple of "tours of duty") but then it crashed and the top rotor assembly came off.  I THINK I got all the pieces back on, but it no longer has the ability to get airborne.  It only has about 7 or 8 minutes air time, and was fresh out of the box less than two weeks ago, and I have followed all the tips for charging.  Open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks, John

Syma Freak
Admin
March 26, 2013 - 1:03 pm

I had a similar problem with another brand of heli-It was left near a window for around 5 months-when came to use it battery ok took a charge,but because I live near the sea,the salt air had penetrated the mother board-not saying that is your problem,depends if left out or kept in a draw I guess.

Check out any dry soldering joints on the board,maybe some train oil on gears,and a light spray of silicone on mother board.

ronr
Guests
March 20, 2013 - 8:10 am

Hello.  I have the similar type of problem - the S107 will not take off anymore.   It was new and flew fine for about a month (2 or 3 flights per day, "properly" recharging the battery).

Now, both rotors turn but not fast enough to take off.  I replaced the battery - same problem.  I measure the voltage of the battery (cover off with access to the battery wires) after a charge and it =4.00V.  I try to run the heli - rotors spin but no take-off.  Then I measure the voltage again = 3.90V - still a good voltage.   That makes me suspect that it is not a battery problem. 

The rotors turn freely and do not slip on the shafts - a solid mechanical connection between each rotor and its respective gearing and motor.

If the heli "crashes" (meaning the rotors are suddenly forced to stop), the voltage at the battery is .7V.  As soon as I turn the heli off at the switch, the battery voltage goes back to 3.85V and stays at 3.85V when I turn the heli on again (with no remote input signal).

I now suspect the PC board itself - maybe something is keeping the current drivers from sinking the full current that they used to.  

Has anyone else ever seen such a problem?   I can't believe mine is the first.   I searched the topics, but the answers assume it is a battery or mechanical problem.

Thanks for any thoughts from anyone.

Syma Freak
Admin
March 17, 2013 - 2:59 pm

Leaving for a year,yes would need new battery,has it been stored in a dry area.Did the heli fly ok a year ago? Maybe a tiny drop of train oil on the gears might help.Where did you buy the 107 replacement battery from,reason asked have bought a few off Ebay that were obviously old and would not hold a charge?

88turborx7
Guests
March 17, 2013 - 11:58 am

Hello, first post here.  I haven't used my heli in over a year and decided to try it out last month.  Charged the batteries in the controller and charged the heli via USB.  Went to take off and the blades spun rather slowly and it would not have enough power to leave the ground.  Bought a new battery and put it in and same thing.  Could the motor be weak and need to be changed?  I believe there are 2 motors?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2