Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!A A A
Hello R/C Experts,
I am completely new to R/C helicopters and I would greatly appreciate some assistance. I recently pick up a S107G to get my feet wet and I am having an issue with the range of my remote. In order to get any sort or reaction from the aircraft, I have bring the remote within 2 feet of the aircraft. Any distance further away results in no response at all from the aircraft. The angle at which I hold the remote compared to the aircraft also appears to affect its operation but I still must be within 2 feet. Here is what I have tried/verified:
- I have verified through my research that the aircraft is an authentic Syma brand aircraft.
- The aircraft has a full charge. Verified with the USB connector light going off when the charge is complete.
- I have replaced the AA batteries in the remote 3 times and used 2 separate battery brands.
- The LED indicator on the aircraft is solid green.
- The LED indicator on the remote is solid green.
- I have tried launching the aircraft from various flat surfaces of varying heights with no noticeable effect.
- I have tried launching the aircraft under various lighting conditions ranging from total darkness to daylight with no noticeable effect.
- I have tried launching the aircraft from different rooms with no noticeable effect. Some rooms have electronics and some do not.
- I have opened the remote and the connections appear to be secure.
- I have removed the blue center IR cover. There is no noticeable effect.
Thank you in advance for your help in the matter.
We've had a fair number of people who've had this problem, and they're all issues with the remote.
Look around in some of the older posts that are also labeled "range isssue" or stuff like that. Raptor has helped a few people with these problems and the solutions should be the same as your solution.
Thank you very much for your reply. I have looked at some older posts, but I could not find one that had a solution for my issue. I found several posts that involved range issues but I didn't see any solid solutions. Since I last posted, I have tried:
- I have cleaned the IR receiver and transmitter.
- I have also tried making the IR receiver level with the PCB.
- I once again tried different rooms with different lighting conditions.
I would greatly appreciate any other suggestions that you might have. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Most Users Ever Online: 84
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 2
Newest Members:Richardbic, Harriettaddet, AndreyBew, Bagcoavasoict, Mistydaums, Charlesdig
Administrators: Syma Freak: 1465, Supernova: 771, JamDJ: 258