Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
S107 Won't start up
Syma Freak
Admin
September 7, 2015 - 9:49 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Great help from everyone ,much appreciated. There can be a problem in the fact the battery might not be taking a charge- where did you buy from and how long have you had heli-is warranty still going- I just went to Melbourne from Sydney to help a friend, forgot my watch bought a $15 watch-battery lasted one day, SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

MikeK
Members
August 31, 2015 - 6:17 am
Forum Posts: 178

Gallesh said
Hi guys,

Thanks for the advise. I'll start to take them a part and see if i can find anything loose inside and see what happens! Thanks again, hopefully i can get it working again :D.

Gallesh,

Hopefully you will find the problem.   But if you don't, and if you really like the 107, what you have is a replacement parts source if you decide to buy another 107 -- and fixing these birds is part of the fun.

So all is not lost.

Mike--

Gallesh
Guests
August 27, 2015 - 6:08 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advise. I'll start to take them a part and see if i can find anything loose inside and see what happens! Thanks again, hopefully i can get it working again :D.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
August 27, 2015 - 3:24 pm
Forum Posts: 264

Gallesh,

Welcome to the forum, Hopefully MkeKs advice may bring you luck. These little guys

can be tricky, as there are a lot of possibilities as to why yours won't work.

My thoughts are that the heli is not communicating with the remote, a process we call

"binding". If you have new batteries in the remote, it is possible that they just need to be 

resynched to each other. 

Try this: Turn them both off first.

1. Turn on the heli first, then the remote, wait a few seconds and left stick the remote.

Do this 4 or 5 times to see if there is any reaction.

2.  Turn on the remote first, then the heli. Again, left stick up 4 or 5 times.

Go slow to give the remote a chance to bind with your 107.

As far as the spring left throttle goes, pilots either like them or they don't. You said yours was not spring-

activated, it probably never was. Later models of the 107 didn't have this. Consumer demand pretty much

told Syma that the 107s were easier to fly and hover without this feature. I personally rather liked it! I'm

babying my older remotes so I will have this function. If you get in a crash situation, just let go and the 107 will

drop to the floor, rather than crashing into something. It's 50/50 either way, just personal preferance.

Good luck and I hope you get back in the air soon! Welcome again and please post often!

crigon_04

MikeK
Members
August 27, 2015 - 12:26 pm
Forum Posts: 178

Gallesh said
Hello everyone,

I've been having an issue with my S107 and just can't work it out. I had a few good flights out of it but it just won't start up now. I turn the remote on and get a solid green light, then turn the heli on, still a solid green light. Push the throttle forward and nothing happens. The heli is fully charged and the remote has new batteries. I have Noticed that the throttle is not spring loaded. It's been a while since i've had it out so unsure if it was when i got it.

Any advise would be great. 

Many thanks!

Gallesh,

You've presented a difficult problem to address because everything seems to be in order and the only item you haven't addressed is one I'm sure you've considered, which is the A/B switch at the top of your controller.  As for the throttle, mine is not spring-loaded either so that should not matter.

I'm sorry I can't help with any useful trouble-shooting advice.  In a similar situation I would start taking the two pieces, heli and controller, apart one at-a-time while both are switched to "ready," looking for a broken wire, "tickling" the various components, while hoping for a reaction.  

I wish I could tell you something more useful but I can't.  I'm comparatively new at this myself.  

Gallesh
Guests
August 27, 2015 - 2:17 am

Hello everyone,

I've been having an issue with my S107 and just can't work it out. I had a few good flights out of it but it just won't start up now. I turn the remote on and get a solid green light, then turn the heli on, still a solid green light. Push the throttle forward and nothing happens. The heli is fully charged and the remote has new batteries. I have Noticed that the throttle is not spring loaded. It's been a while since i've had it out so unsure if it was when i got it.

Any advise would be great. 

Many thanks!

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9