Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 new...was fine, now it just wants to move backwards, unstable
Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 6:49 am

OOPS !  One more thing I want to to check. Take er up and hover. Watch the tail rotor closely while hovering at neutral right stick. The tail rotor should not be turning at all. If it is, thats your problem. If thats the case, the tail rotor is turning at neutral stick, I have some research to do, as to wether that would be the heli's circuit board or a transmitter issue.  Dennis

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 6:36 am

The thing is, only two things can make it drift forward or backwards at neutral stick, and thats the angle of the blades, or CG (balance).  If the heli is tilted forward on take off, it will leave forward, and visa versa. Same goes for left and right.

Always take off from a level surface, or ya might be real busy for the first few seconds after take off  Surprised

If it wobbles in flight, look for damages blades or a bent shaft.

Always make sure that the two little dogbone links are still attached to the flybar and upper blade grips also, check those after every crash please. 

Also make sure there's no excessive slop between the movement of the upper blade grip and flybar. If one turns, the other should follow, without alot of freeplay. It's normal for the flybar to flop, but im talking about rotational slop between the two.

If your only problem is rearward drifting, either move the battery rearward, or turn off the ceiling fan Surprised   Dennis

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 6:17 am

Other than drifting rearward, does it do anything else wrong ?  Does it steer ok ?  Will it go forward and backward still ?

If you hold slight forward stick, will it hover steady ?

If so, the battery moved rearward. Remember, even 1/4 gram added to the nose will change it drastically, so if the battery tilted upward in the front, or slid back, even 1/8 inch, it changed the CG (center of gravity).  Dennis 

hc
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 9:09 am

For $6 on ebay....ordered a spare parts kit..blades, shaft, etc

Shotgun it and replace things....seems like a valid thing to try at least

hc
Guests
February 2, 2012 - 7:57 am

Took a look...battery looks like its in the right place...it wants to take off and just fly off in one direction.  I hold it in my hand and run the rotors, and they look like its pretty "flat"

what would throw the stabilization off like this?

Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 5:54 pm

Remove the canopy, your battery moved rearward Surprised  Move it back forward, then push it into the slot it came out of ?

syma-guy
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 7:41 am

Not to sure if the shaft is ok. If it's only pulling backwards a little bit, you can try adding a bit of weight onto the nose, like adding some bluetac inside the cover ,may take a some messing to get the amount right tho.

someone may think of something to look for tho.

Syma-guy Wink

hc
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 7:13 am

I've been searching the post, havent seen anything really that covers this.  In our lab (yep..we have fun here) we have 3 heli's, my S107 and my boss has his S107.  Mine was flying fine, no big crashes or anything but now it won't take up straight it simply wants to move backwards...trying to control it to hover or take off just makes a mess of things.  My control works the other one just fine so its not that.  Tried both channels.  In looking it over, there isn't anything that seems out of place.  The shaft is straight, blades are in good shape (just had it a month).  Ground effects?  The other one flies perfect so that can be eliminated.  What should I look for as something damaged or?

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5