Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
S107 issues, two helis, and greetings to all
Syma Freak
Admin
September 8, 2017 - 10:21 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi entillzar,

gday_mate-4146

Thank you for posting.I feel JamDJ has done a great job on his advice to you and really not much more I can add to.Let us know how you go with repairs, photos welcome.

Talk soon SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
September 7, 2017 - 7:45 am
Forum Posts: 264

Greetings Mark, and welcome to the forum! Sorry it took so long to reply but alot

of weather-related issues here. Hopefully you find the answers you are looking for here

and please post often and have fun!

Let's see if we can figure this out:

Blue 107 you said only the top-rotor works, what about the tail rotor? Possible

explanation can be gear-slip due to a hard crash or just wearing out. The motor itself may

still be running but the gears to spin the rotors are not meshing, therefore no

rotation. When you take it apart, make sure the white gears themselves are tight on the shaft,

some disagree with me here, but a drop of superglue on the BOTTOM of the lower gear

(which drives the lower props) can fix that.

Red 107 you said essentially no power. My first thought after reading your entry is

to replace the internal battery. Yes it does need to be soldiered in and Amazon is probably

your best source. Since you stated you got this second-hand, it's likely the former owner didn't

follow the golden "15 minute rule" and the heli's battery is no good. Wait to fly 15 minutes after charging

and allow to cool 15 minutes after flights before recharging again. Also, what method are you using to

charge the heli? Plugging the USB end of the charging cable into a cell-phone wall adapter will work but

I don't recommend it. Best to plug into a dedicated port on a laptop, cable/satillite box or even a

video game system.

Pairing lights being red and not green shouldn't have any effect, depends on what year or

PC board your 107s have. As long as your Tx makes the heli to SOMETHING, you're good

to go. Sometimes the color can change if you are trying to fly 2 helicopters at the same time,

perhaps with your son or a friend. The color can determine which channel on the Tx is being used.

Once again, welcome! There are quite a few posts on here covering gear-slip and battery care.

Hopefully this helps!

All my best,

JamDJ

crigon_04 

The following users say thank you to JamDJ for this useful post:

Syma Freak
entillzar
Members
September 1, 2017 - 6:49 am
Forum Posts: 1

Hi folks, new to the forum, new to these helis.

My son was bought a yellow one recently for his birthday and is a natural at flying this little beauty.

However, as any dad would agree accidents happen, repairs required on any toy andi like to fix things, especially if soneone says it cant be done ?

I now have 2 project s107 helis , both have issues, both bought second hand as spares but wasnt expecting either to work at all, but thet kinda do so before i break them apart I'd like some advice please.

Start with my blue one first, I'll deal with my red one afterwards.

Blue one:

Only the top rotor works, front motor does not seem to be working.

Bottom rotor is not seized/jammed.

Nb: Pairing light is red on heli not green.

Red one:

Even on full charge (which takes a while) rotors only seem to achieve half throttle (compared to my sons yellow one) and does not take off.

Have tried both remotes, new batteries, same result.

Pairing light is red on the heli.

I can solder, and have reasonable knowledge on electronic diagnosis, however, in the absence of any test data references  (eg voltages etc at various points in the circuit) i am hoping someone can set me in the right direction and maybe point out any common issue fixes for my helis symptoms.

Many thanks, Mark.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5