Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 charging question.
Tags: Syma X9
Supernova
Guests
November 27, 2012 - 4:01 am

The charge time and cooling time is the main reason why I have 7 / 107's  just line em up.

Chief-T
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 7:44 am

Yeah thats a good plan for sure. I don't do it that good, but I do have a good routine and the batteries seem to respond well.

CPD
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 7:29 am

Yeah, mine take something like that. I never keep track--I usually either fly a second heli, browse the interwebs, play on the wii, something until I realize "Oh, the red light's on!" then end up distracting myuself for annother half hour during the 15 minute cool down time.

As for it taking less time to charge if you don't run it until the blades stop turning, it's best for your batteries to drain every last bit of power from them at the end of your flight, otherwise they will develope memory, and will loose that much power from your flight. Personally, I take an extra 15 minutes or so getting it as low as posable--turn it off and back on, wait for the light to stop flashing, turn it on slow, and let it die down and shut itself down, then do it again and again until it won't do a thing. A little hard on the motors and blades if you don't do it right, but it helps a ton with the battery life in the long run.

Chief-T
Guests
November 15, 2012 - 7:21 am

Using my laptop and the usb 3.0 port it takes 45-47 minutes.

leadsled
Guests
November 9, 2012 - 9:09 pm

I use a USB A/C adapter.  Charging time is well under an hour.

I keep it near me when charging and watch for the red light to come on.  From what I gathered, it's not good to let it keep charging.  I also let the battery cool awhike after charging, and after flying.

Also, charging times should be less if you don't run it until the blades stop turning.

bvc
Guests
November 4, 2012 - 3:40 pm

55 minutes to 70 is what I have experienced in over 1 year with 5 107's and 1 111. I use my Motorola phone adapter but haven't timed it.

Zarquon
Guests
November 4, 2012 - 9:46 am

How long should it take to charge a Syma S107 from USB? Mine usually takes a full hour, which seems excessive, based on what I've read in reviews and on this forum. Is it okay to use the the USB cable with an AC adapter, and will that charge it any faster?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2