Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S102G - any good?
Tags: Syma X9
bvc
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 12:29 pm

107 blades should speed up your 111. They did my daughters 111.

macornley
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 11:15 am

thanks for the advice, appreciate why your saying about using the 107 as a primary, but I do much prefer the real life looking helis.

Might have to add one to the collection tho 😉

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:58 am

yeah, but they're longer, and you really should replace all of them at one time.

Doesn't really lumber until you put the 107 blades on it. One thing is I advise using a 107 as a primary heli-- the millitary helis are not as good, in my opinion, for a primary, since they are harder to fix, and not so much of a challenge heli, esp the 102. If you remove the throttle spring, you can easilly fly 1 1/2-handed.

macornley
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:45 am

thanks, i kind of like the sound of a lumbering cadillac 🙂

reckon 107 blades would work on my 111?

CPD
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:41 am

Yes! Most certainly an EXELENT heli. I have one, and I LOVE it.

Bit slow, kinda lumbers sometimes, esp. with the 107 blades I put on it, but flies like a caddilac.

One thing is, I'd wait for a little bit- they're releasing an s102s with working dart guns.

Whether or not you want the launchers, I'd wait because it'd probably kick the price down on the old 102g.

But, BUY IT!

No mechanical issues known, silky smooth controls, (after ripping out the throttle spring at least) highly crash resistant, (later in its life, you might need to pop the windscreen back into place- the sides of mine pop out on "hard landings", but that might be from taking it out)

Not seen too many other people here with them- mostly cobras and apaches, but they're having some problems with those while the 102, although being an earlier model, is a venurable warhorse.

macornley
Guests
January 19, 2012 - 10:08 am

Thinking off buying another heli, the S102g (Black Hawk).

Anyone got one, are they any good?

Currently flying an S111g and loving it, seen some good reviews of the Black Hawk, supposed to handle just as well as my s111g but also go a bit quicker...

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2