Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
S107 Controller Forward is now reverse and reverse is forward??
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 2:16 pm

It's a tradeoff. Flipping makes it hit more, but reduces turbulance, I think gives it a little boost, and makes it look stupid while making it more likely to flip and hit on moving landing/takeoff.

Wingnut79
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 12:02 pm

swapping out tail props is the culprit there. The pitch of the props has no bearing, however the DIRECTION of the pitch has everything to do with your issue. In a close inspection of both props, you will notice that they have opposite angles of attack. There are several way of correcting this-- one is flipping the tail motor and another is switching the wires to the motor. Personally I am not fond of flipping the motor over as that makes the heli more prone to tail rotor strikes on takeoff and landing. 

Kelador
Guests
January 18, 2012 - 6:02 am

I don't know if this helps but I replaced the tail rotor blade and had this same problem forward and backwards got reversed! I switch back to the other rotor blade and it corrected it self!

Turned out the pitch on the new rotor blade was slightly different but that shouldn't of switched the controls lol

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 6:23 pm

Lol, put all the controls on one knob >_<

CPD
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 2:39 pm

Simpler, I'd think would be flipping the tail rotor, but I could be wrong...

If I am, there's one screw in the black plastic peice holding the main motors and gears to turn the main rotors that holds the tailboom. You can remove or reverse the dorsal fin thing and cut ahole w. a file or something for the stabilizing bar holder, and it's good.

Basically, watch the videos on putting the speed rotor on, and do it up to replacing the rotor.

Guests
January 17, 2012 - 12:42 pm

Or, if it's flying ok other than the throttle being reversed, maybe just get used to flying it that way for awhile, and it may mysteriously switch back to normal, all on it's own! Smile Good Luck!

LEBEAU70
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 10:24 am

Thank you

Supernova
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 8:09 am

Old_Iron_Spine said:

You could try returning it. Or, if you have money, you can trying reversing the wires on the mother board to the motor. Or you can try redoing the wiring in the remote.

As you say reverse the wires on the motor Wink

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 7:38 am

You could try returning it. Or, if you have money, you can trying reversing the wires on the mother board to the motor. Or you can try redoing the wiring in the remote.

Supernova
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 7:16 am

Hi LEBEAU70,

Welcome to this forum, the problem you could be having is motor reversal this happens when an electric motor is what we call flashed and the poles are reversed.

I could be very wrong with this but there is in my understanding no other explanation.

If somebody else can help then please do.  

LEBEAU70
Guests
January 17, 2012 - 5:01 am

S 107 CONTROLLER FORWARD IS NOW  REVERSE AND REVERSE IS FORWARD??????????? HELP PLEASE

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2