Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Rotors spinning while charging
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 9:52 am

Great to help!

It's suprising that either's a fake. Blue's the least common, red's pretty common, but it's usually the yellows that are fakes...

Do the blue blades look like the replacement blue blades on amazon? That design's leftover from the s105g's, and could either mean it's a hybrid like mine, (a fake rebuilt with real parts) or they could just be using leftovers from the 105's on the blue 107's, since they don't sell many blues of either. (or, you could have accidentally bought a 105 by mistake, but I doubt that) The red one's actually more likely to be the fake or clone, though.

I don't think it'd do any damage, since they seem to be programed to reject backwards current and expell it through the motors. If anything, the motors might be damaged from sitting there, not being able to disapate it...

lavascript
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 9:15 am

I don't recall if it was forwards or backwards. I couldn't see any battery damage. I'm charging her up now and hoping for the best! =)

Wingnut79
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 9:06 am

Hopefully it was just a glitch, were the rotors running forwards or backwards when it was doing that? Check the battery to make sure it's not swollen or leaking/sweating. Get a full charge, recheck the battery, and see if the board still works.... 

lavascript
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 9:06 am

Did I hurt the battery in the real (red) one by leaving it on a reverse-polarity charger for an hour?

lavascript
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 9:02 am

Yeah, I think you're exactly right. I'm really thinking the first (blue) one is a fake, even though it came in a Syma box.

The rotor designs are different, the remotes are different, the charging cables are different, the behavior of the internal LEDs is different.

Anyone want side-by-side photos, or is this stuff pretty well documented?

CPD
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 8:53 am

Somebody had posted that the polarity between the real ones and fake ones is backwards, and that he tried using a fake charger to charge a real one, and the blades started spinning. So, that's probably the problem.

My guess is to either plug the USB adapter in the other way (upside down) and see if it does this, check that one's not fake and the other's real, (then, if that's the case, and it most likely is, use the correct chargers that came with each one ONLY for that one) or plug it into an actual computer to charge.

Either way, the polarity's swaped, so either it's the usb adapter or, more likely, one charger's for a fake, the other's for a real.

As far as the first one breaking, I'm guessing it's the fake out of the two, but the total top shaft's a $3.50 fix. Not an issue.

lavascript
Guests
December 24, 2011 - 8:37 am

My son just got two S107's for Christmas. The first one worked great, and he really got the hang of flying it very quickly, even though he's only 8. But, after several crashes, it started TBE. I was trying to eye the balance bar while it was spinning when it crashed into the upper rotor! Upon further inspection I saw that the joint between the upper rotor and the shaft broke, so the motor now spins the flybar, but not the rotor.

We unboxed the second copter and got it started charging. After an hour, the red light still hadn't come on, so my son picked up the heli (it had been laying on its side) and the rotors started spinning! The power switch was off and the charging cable was connected. The only reason they hadn't been spinning the whole time, I guess, was that it was on its side.

Now, I was charging it with a USB power adapter, not an actual PC, but I'd been using that same adapter to charge the other one with no issues. I disconnected it, turned it on, and no lights. So I moved it over to the PC and it's now charging with no rotor spinnage. 

This is weird, right? Why would the blades have been spinning with it off and charging?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2