Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Replacement Batteries
Tags: Syma X9
MikeK
Members
June 20, 2014 - 6:56 am
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Syma Freak said
Must say have not used those batteries-post a photo. What I have had is some of the batteries bought from say Ebay Syma 107 batteries were no good as a few years old-Have you considered Dale's mod on batteries? wish could give you more help on Meco batteries,I will do some research on them sco_hmmthink

Sorry S/F.  I can't send a photo of the MECO battery because I don't know how.  (I'm a computer dummy.)  I'll wait to see what happens with MECO but either way I am not confident about ordering from them again.  I will have a look at the message you recommend (Dale's mod on batteries.)

MK

MikeK
Members
June 20, 2014 - 6:46 am

Update:

Delivery on the second (two) batteries I ordered from MECO is ten days overdue.  I sent an inquiry to MECO.  They replied with information on my first order of one battery, which was delivered.  I've advised them of the error and am waiting to hear from them.  The language barrier is a serious problem in dealing with these
Chinese suppliers. 

As per the first 107 battery I ordered from MECO, it arrived within the projected delivery date and it's functioning perfectly. 

MikeK
Members
May 17, 2014 - 1:46 pm

JimRuppel said
I'm on my second set of replacement/upgrade batteries. First set was thicker but still fit inside the cowling. 240mah. Second set is from MECO, thinner but much longer, also 240mah. Won't fit in the cowling so I used Velcro to mount on the bottom. My problem is that neither of the 107s will fly with this new battery. Just not enough power. Has anyone else had a problem with MECO batteries?

I just replaced the battery in my 107 with a MECO replacement.  Three flights and so far, so good.  About 8 minutes @ full strength.  So I ordered two more batteries from them. 

Syma Freak
Admin
August 9, 2013 - 8:09 pm
Forum Posts: 1452

Must say have not used those batteries-post a photo. What I have had is some of the batteries bought from say Ebay Syma 107 batteries were no good as a few years old-Have you considered Dale's mod on batteries? wish could give you more help on Meco batteries,I will do some research on them sco_hmmthink

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

JimRuppel
Guests
August 7, 2013 - 1:53 am

I'm on my second set of replacement/upgrade batteries. First set was thicker but still fit inside the cowling. 240mah. Second set is from MECO, thinner but much longer, also 240mah. Won't fit in the cowling so I used Velcro to mount on the bottom. My problem is that neither of the 107s will fly with this new battery. Just not enough power. Has anyone else had a problem with MECO batteries?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2