Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Random mods.
Raptor
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 1:35 am

That's the plan 😉

However I think the tail needs a bit more power though (PicoZ tail on the S800 is about the same speed as the S107 un-modded)

bvc
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 1:32 am

Is it possible to run both the 800 servo and the 107 tail rotor at the same time? 😀

bvc
Guests
June 4, 2012 - 2:31 am

Raptor said
I have looked over your images, and unfortunately I cant see anything else that would cause a problem.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at it! Smile

Raptor
Guests
June 4, 2012 - 1:59 am

I have looked over your images, and unfortunately I cant see anything else that would cause a problem.

You are correct, as is at the moment adding the 4ch to the s107 transmitter, removes the ability to trim. (its not too bad on mine, slight clockwise rotation) However i am still looking into it.

The problem I've found so far is trying to calculate a way to skew the central resistance of the stick. Without affecting Full or 0% throttle.

bvc
Guests
June 3, 2012 - 2:39 pm

Raptor said
I'm sorry your transmitter seems dead, but if it has been killed, then it shouldn't be a problem removing the left hand stick to mod the S107 transmitter Wink

As you know, I know nothing about this stuff, and I'm probably not using the right terminology, but if there's only one circuit for that function, and the S107 transmitter uses it for the trim, and you are now using it for the S800 drift, there's no way to 'add' a trim. Correct? Confused

bvc
Guests
June 2, 2012 - 4:06 pm

Raptor said
I'm sorry your transmitter seems dead, but if it has been killed, then it shouldn't be a problem removing the left hand stick to mod the S107 transmitter Wink

(can you upload a few pictures of the back, in as high a resolution as possible, there may be something I've missed)

If you can get a working trim I will mod a 107 transmitter.

These are as good as I could get. Thanks!

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Raptor
Guests
May 31, 2012 - 10:33 pm

(can you upload a few pictures of the back, in as high a resolution as possible, there may be something I've missed)

Yes the green and yellow wires are soldered directly onto the back of the white socket pins. If the channel is reversed just flip the wires over.

I'm still working on making a trim for the steering (mine slowly but constantly turns clockwise Frown )

bvc
Guests
May 29, 2012 - 2:44 pm

Raptor said
I'm not sure what went wrong with your transmitter, but try not to leave the battery's in anything while working on them.

Are you having any luck with the transmitter yet, or is it still dead?

I thought about the batteries somewhere along the way and was just lazy. So I deserve it. It's still dead.

bvc
Guests
May 29, 2012 - 1:43 pm

I was looking at this the other day. So your yellow and green wires are going to where the trim was plugged it, correct?

Hope you can get a trim working.

Raptor
Guests
May 29, 2012 - 10:14 am

I'm glad to hear that it works. I'm not sure what went wrong with your transmitter, but try not to leave the battery's in anything while working on them.

Are you having any luck with the transmitter yet, or is it still dead?

If you don't like the S800 transmitter, the S107 transmitter can be converted into a 4ch transmitter, by using parts from a S800, and 2x S107 transmitters (however i still need to look into getting a trim working on the steering and yaw.)

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

bvc
Guests
May 29, 2012 - 2:45 am

Un-bridged the bottom red line. Checked around for anything else abnormal but don't see anything. I'm wondering if I accidentally left the remote on while working on it.

Throttle cap works well! Thanks!

bvc
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 11:27 pm

Thanks for the 10k info! The top red line is OK. The bottom red line is bridged.

Raptor
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 6:42 pm

Nice placement of the Pot 🙂

For the 10K pot:

With the pins pointing down and the 5-pin edge facing toward you. Connect the Black wire to the far left pin (Pin 1), the red wire to the far right (Pin 5), and bend the pin second from the left, onto the far left pin.(Pin 1 bent onto Pin 2)

i.e. Black wire - Pin 1, Red wire - Pin 5, Pin 2 connected to Pin 1.

the Pinout for the 10K pot:

Place it with the pins pointing down and the 5-pin edge facing toward you. From left to right, the pins are:

1) Common (GND)
2) R1 Wiper (Out 1)
3) R2 Wiper (Out 2)
4) R2 End (In 2)
5) R1 End (In 1)

It should be fine if you touch that chip for anything up to 30 seconds . If you only caught it with the iron, then it should be OK.

I think I can see the problem, you may have bridged a few pins with solder. Have a look to make sure that no solder is connecting the pins between the red lines. (if the top one is shorted, it would stop the transmitter from turning on)

Image Enlarger

bvc
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 2:04 pm

Image Enlarger

Got it. Thanks for all the help Raptor! I would still love to know how to wire the 10k though.

bvc
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 10:27 am

Keep in mind I am a complete noob. I un-did the Mode 2 mod. you can see where I think I touched the big chip on the right, but I'm not really sure if I did that when it went out. Let me know if you need a different angle or close up of a section.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

bvc
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 10:19 am

Thanks. What about the 10k pot? Is a third wire needed on it?

Also, I tried the 100k with just two wires to the board. Could that have damaged the board, could it?

I'll upload pics here in a minute. I think I touched the chip with the soldering iron Embarassed

Raptor
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 9:59 am

The potentiometers you have aren't ideal however they should be useable.

• The 10K potentiometer will allow you to adjust the throttle power between 0% to ~60% (this should be OK as mine is set to ~50%)
  • The 100K potentiometer will allow you to adjust the throttle power between 0% to 99% however only 0/4 to 1/4 of a turn will be any use to you.

i.e. for ~50% throttle it would need 1/8th of a turn.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

The central pin is connected to either of the other pins on the left or right.

I hope this helps Smile

p.s. can you send me a closeup of your board, i may be able to see what has gone wrong.

I assume that you have also tried to fully remove the mod?

bvc
Guests
May 28, 2012 - 7:21 am

Thanks Raptor! Somehow, I fried the board Yell. It will not turn on. BUT, I have another, LOL. Back to Mode 4 for now Yell.

Here's what I have.

10k Potentiometer

10kImage Enlarger

100k Potentiometer

100kImage Enlarger

If neither will work I'll have to go somewhere else. Radio Shack only had one 25k and it was huge. I have no idea where to put the wires on these things for the throttle cap. Do I need more than two on the pots? I know from your pic where two wires go on the circuit board. Any help appreciated!

Raptor
Guests
May 27, 2012 - 10:04 pm

I will try to make a video of s807 soon.

The "K" in the potentiometer stands for thousand. i.e. 22K Ohm=22000Ohm

The trim in the S107 is a potemtiometer, however I think it would probably be 5K (i need to check this) and as a result it wouldn't allow you to fine tune the maximum throttle.

bvc
Guests
May 27, 2012 - 10:05 am

bvc said
1) Does it matter what "k" the potentiometer is for throttle control?

2) Isn't the trim on the S107 remote a potentiometer? Could this be used?

I used the S107 trim knob on the S800 for throttle control and all it gave me was (I'm guessing) 50% power. Probably because of the type of potentiometer. Spitter or something. It was worth a try.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2