Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_TopicIcon
Quick review of the new Syma S39-1!
A review of the S39-1! Not to be confused with the old S39
SymaGuru
Members
March 18, 2017 - 6:57 pm
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Wanted to give a little more information about the S39-1. I've gone completely over the machine. It doesn't share but a few parts with any other Syma coaxial close to the same size. Shares tail motors and tail rotors with the old S113G Apache and S036G Cobra. The canopy is the same as the S32 except the color. And that's about it. This might become a problem in finding spare parts for it later if you should buy one and have a problem later. Main motors, inner and outer shafts, upper and lower blade grips, main blades, are all unique to this coaxial. The frame parts and tail boom also are specific to this helicopter. 

Forward speed is impressive! Faster than even my large modified Syma Coaxials like the S31 and S33. Not much punch out though! The main blades are shorter than S32 main blades and I can't use S32 or S39 blades in the new S39-1. The main motors are not very large for a coaxial this size. The 700mah battery I installed is used and fully broke in. I got a 18 minute flight out of it! That's a very long flight time for any coaxial. Overall I'm very happy with it! Nice to see Syma introduce a new coaxial. I was beginning to believe Syma was giving up on helicopters and just focusing on Quads. They've discontinued every 2.4GHZ coaxial they made until this new S39-1. Hope they follow up with some more. It's definitely made cheap compared to older designs but I can't argue with how well it flies. Could use a little more power but overall it's very good. 

The following users say thank you to SymaGuru for this useful post:

Syma Freak
SymaGuru
Members
March 18, 2017 - 9:36 am
Forum Posts: 32
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Just got the new S39-1 in the mail and have flown it a few times now after modifying it with a 700may battery and Blade Nano QX 3D tail rotor. The fastest Syma coaxial I own easy, and very stable. This helicopter is basically the same size as the old S39 and S32 but stripped down of all weight. Weighs two thirds as much as my S32. The main shaft and Blade grips are more like the S36 and S8 but a little hevier built than S8 or S36 parts, but still much lighter weight than the parts used on the old S39, S32, S032G, S113G, S036G etc. Comes with a 300mah battery. I thought this was going to be A smaller helicopter being all that I've found for sale list a 150mah battery as being included but it's a larger 300mah. It doesn't share much at all in parts with any other small to medium Syma Coaxials. 

Flies great! Maybe I should have flown it once stock but I couldn't help myself.

The following users say thank you to SymaGuru for this useful post:

Syma Freak
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9