Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Purchasing S107s without the remote
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
October 25, 2011 - 10:16 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yes all the Syma S107 from RcFever with out remote are sent by themselves in a small box to save on postage -all the ones I got were genuine-will post your photos soon Warchild00 Smile

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

warchild00
Guests
October 25, 2011 - 6:29 am

@Syma,

I looked over the paperwork, they came from RC-Fever, but I cannot tell if they are genuine Syma helis new from the factory or rebuilt. They came in separate small white boxes without any markings or paperwork. There's no way I can send them back as I have been using them for parts. My coworker and I battle with the helis, the goal being to knock your opponents bird out of the sky. It's really taking a toll mechanically, but it's a blast! Today's casualties include a shattered body, a bent main rotor shaft, and a cracked rear rotor.Surprised

I sent you some pics, nothing special. I'll take a couple of the Hyperion battery mod for the S026. It's a cleaner install (I'm getting better).

Syma Freak
Admin
October 22, 2011 - 8:53 pm

@Warchild00 Send any pics to me at john@syma107.com or post on forum any problems will fix my end

Syma Freak
Admin
October 22, 2011 - 8:50 pm

@Warchild00 are you sure you bought from Rcfever-if you have and have a problem please email them to get things right,they are good at returns,normally takes 48 hours before the return email from them-it is important for you to double check products were from RcFever, as I recommend them and any problems I want to know as will contact them directly-the Syma S107 is my passion and will always make sure my followers get the right genuine product-keep us informed SF

warchild00
Guests
October 22, 2011 - 1:20 am

I used your link (RC Fever?) for the helis w/o remotes. I am not sure if RC Fever shipped them, but they did come in air freight from Hong Kong. I don't know, maybe I just got a bad batch. I'm not terribly pissed so much as disappointed.

It's not all a loss, as I now have the spare parts I need, and I am becoming very efficient with soldering and other repairs. Flying is great fun, but I am finding satisfaction in making modifications and repairs. Speaking of, where can I send the Hyperion battery pics?

Syma Freak
Admin
October 21, 2011 - 5:15 pm

@warchild00 First off what company did you buy from? I have bought,gosh really can not remember how many from Rcfever without remote and bind ok because the heli was not a fake-this is the problem-

Right now could go in Aussie to my local $2 store and buy a Syma S107 for $15-have done that-they have shit remotes,different motors etc,you get what you pay for and will never bind with a genuine remote-can tell you it really upsets me.

Understand you are pissed off so would I be-I know buying from some company like RcFever is more expensive but you do get a genuine product-cheap is not always best.Yes I am trying to put more safe buying places together for a post soon-however what ever warnings I offer people will buy cheap and then lose heart on this great hobby-you now have this link to your own post-so keep posting as helps all of us-Really appreciate your input-SF Laugh

warchild00
Guests
October 21, 2011 - 2:17 am

Hi Syma Freak,

I received three heli's w/o remotes direct from Hong Kong and I could not be any more disappointed with the quality of the birds. First thing, nearly every screw is either loose or overtightened to the point of being stripped. One bird wouldn't exceed a flight range of 3 meters before dropping from the air as if out of range. I'm assuming the PCB is to fault as there is also a terrible "shutter" as the bird tries to maintain it's direction.The other two birds, upon impact, spun their A motors and each stripped out a wire from the back of the motor housing. After investigating I found that the bent part of the metal sub-frame intended to hold the motor in was loose and allowed the motor to spin. Not all is lost, two of those heli's have become donor birds and I am determined to use every single part for future repairs.

I am curious if the heli's sold without remotes are refurbished. Either way, I am staying away from them entirely.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2