Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
pulling hard to the left right from take off - out of control
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 6:41 am

Been there, done that...

yo-yoing takes a crapload of skill.

The part is the top black plastic peice. Look on the balance bar too- there's little plastic things that are two O's on the end of a stick, like an 8.  That's where the knuckles are.

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 6:16 am

There is that little square piece that the top rotors screw into, there are two black pegs sticking out of the black tip of the shaft. Then there are two brackets that connect the balance bar to the rotors. If those two pegs are broken, the rotors will be hanging from the balance bar, and they shouldn't.

scojo
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 5:38 am

Thanks everybody for your help and enthusiasm.  The problem exists even if I hold the heli perfectly level in my hand and get the throttle up to 1/2 speed. It just can't get close to a hover. Shaft does not seem to be bent. It may be those "pegs" old_iron_spine referred to but I can't say cause I don't know what he's talking about : )   A picture says a 1000 words.  Anybody have a shot of what these pegs look like?  And btw, CPD, my son crashed on every single trip up!  And sometimes he'd keep the gas on once it hit the ground thinking he could get her back in the air - which just caused her to heave into another chair leg or something.  Nasty!  Like I said, he's a bit young for this thing but I think he's learned a little about what the heli can take, or NOT take.  May just buy a new one and keep this one for parts - 'cept for the shaft or perhaps shaft tip.  Thanks again everyone!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:16 am

Oh ok, that would make sense! And you're welcome 🙂

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:13 am

forgot about that one, thanks! Check the dogbones too- they're on those posts. They might be not balancing, and screwing with it. It might be worse if you don't start w. a slow start.

The tail motor doesn't affect the leftward movement on these, though. Real ones, it controls the turning of the heli, but with these, it controls the foreward/reverse movement, since the main blades counter each other's spin. The gyro might do something, but I think it only controls how fast the motors spin for greater stability.

OT: Post 201!

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 4:06 am

What do the pegs that hold the rotor block on look like? There should be two pegs that hold that rotor block on. However, if there aren't any pegs, that means the rotors are just hanging from the balance bar (the bar on the very top of the rotors), this problem is most common and you will have to buy a new shaft to buy a new shaft tip. But try holding it too, it might have a circuit board with a disformed gyro (I haven't seen this problem, but there is always a first for everything), and if it's bad, I the helicopter should want to jerk to the left. Another thing you should try, is holding it, have your son put it at half throttle, then let go to see if it just hovers there. Is the tail motor moving?

CPD
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 3:44 am

How many crashes did you have?

Mine has a big left drag from the begining too. Left and reverse from the second it starts taking off. It's not nearly as bad, I think, and mine I could compensate for to a certain degree. Mine's different, although I can't figure it out for the life of me. I can compensate by starting on a special hoverpad I made from a box painted to look like grass with textured spraypaint, (which is discontinued, I think) and going straight foreward and up from the begining. I think it's from the main shaft being bent, and starting it out constantly with that left draw.

Check on a few things first, before doing anything to it.

1 is it just from a ground-takeoff, or constant when in the air?

2 does it sit level on the ground, and if it does, is the main shaft perfectly plum? (vertical)

3 is the main shaft set slightly bent?

4 Does adding slight weight on the right help the problem?

scojo
Guests
January 6, 2012 - 1:28 am

I am a complete newbie.  Just bought my first Heli for my 7 year old son for xmas.  He loves this thing, and so do I.  He's really too young to fly it but he was so excited to get it so I went for it.  Anyway, it worked GREAT for the first day, and he was just getting the hang of it, but after MANY crashes it suddenly started pulling hard to the left (I think it's left) right from take off and flies totally erratically in big sweeping circle until it smashes into a wall.  It's not the TRIM control I don't think cause we were working with that when the heli was working on the first day.   That stopped it from circling while it hovered in place.  This is very different.  Do I need to purchase another one, or can this one be fixed?  Thanks for any help you all can lend!  ~Scojo

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2