Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Please help
Tags: Syma X9
Supernova
Guests
April 21, 2012 - 2:17 am

GeoJRock said
Thanks so much for the response and info. Makes sense.
I took the thing apart, but did not use a magnifying glass to really see the wire connections.
I have two more on the way and will use those to trouble shoot this one and then will do what you suggested.
Thanks again,
GJR

My pleasure Smile

GeoJRock
Guests
April 20, 2012 - 10:56 am

Thanks so much for the response and info. Makes sense.
I took the thing apart, but did not use a magnifying glass to really see the wire connections.
I have two more on the way and will use those to trouble shoot this one and then will do what you suggested.
Thanks again,
GJR

Supernova
Guests
April 20, 2012 - 1:45 am

HmmConfused could be a wire on the mother board (circuit board) to the motors, has lost some connection as they are flex and not solid wire.

Have a close look at the soldering, because if some of the wire is broken this could give a low and then high voltage to the motors.

You need to get a magnifying glass to see this, it could be a cold solder as well, just make sure all wires are secure because the motors draw most of the power from the battery and if there is a frayed wire this will give power loss, then if it moves and makes contact then full power resumed.  

CPD
Guests
April 20, 2012 - 12:09 am

Well, first thing is, whether or not it's the problem, you have to be carefull and give the heli a 10-15 min cool down time between flight and charge, and chaerge and flight. Just remember that if you fly a ton.

I'm not sure what the issue would be exactly... Sounds to me like when the battery is dead at the end of a flight, but I don't know. We'll have to consult the experts SymaFreak and Supernova.

GeoJRock
Guests
April 19, 2012 - 12:24 pm

New owner of a S 107. Got this bad boy Friday and flew it a ton Friday through Sunday when it stopped working.
It didnt just stop working from a crash. This is what its doing -

It was flying just fine and just fell from the air. I have been tinkering with it and every once in awhile, it will get some life and the rotors will spin, but then soon stop.
Before this happened, I started to notice during flght that it seemed to lose power at a certain throttle and could be saved by flooring the throttle.
I assumed a motor blew, but since the rotors do come alive for a second, that could not be the case.

It charges. The light in the front works and the green light on the motherboard is lit. The light on the remote is green. Fresh batteries.
It also seems to be a real S 107.

I am ordering another 1 or 2 tonight, but any ideas on whats going on with this one? Can it possibly be a communication issue?

I am amazed at the stability and accuracy of this thing. Very fun to fly!

Thanks,
GJR

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
18 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9