Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New S111G
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
December 28, 2012 - 3:33 pm

JamDJ said
My first Syma was the S111 and that's how I got hooked here a year ago. Agreed with what

CPD said, they may have had a bad batch. I flew mine for about 3 days until the main rotor brace broke

and did a light crash, but tore up the insides. That crash shoud NOT have broken it, I'm thinking a

Syma defect in the manufacturing process. Good luck!

There's always something that gets screwed up in a batch of helis, it's all chineese plastic made by the chineese and engineered by the chineese, and there's always something messed up. At one point, there was a bad batch of main gears that would just shred, my first s800g was part of a bad batch with bad remotes, and I don't remember what all else there's been bad. The thing is, when they're just banging out as many as possable, for what little profit they must be making off of each one, their QC guys just need to test and make sure the motors work and charge it before it heads out. Probably don't check the remotes, just hook them up to the bank of charge ports to charge, run the motors off of the same remote for a second, if it lifts off, good, if not, throw it in the bin. And they probably only do that with every few hundred helis, which is why they have pallets that get out on the market with the problems.

Can't say I blame them, once they fix all the problems like bad gears, bad switches, etc, they would loose all of their profits probably. Instead, send em out, if they come back bad, then fix em and send them out, if they don't, whatever, that's another one sold.

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
December 28, 2012 - 10:26 am
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

My first Syma was the S111 and that's how I got hooked here a year ago. Agreed with what

CPD said, they may have had a bad batch. I flew mine for about 3 days until the main rotor brace broke

and did a light crash, but tore up the insides. That crash shoud NOT have broken it, I'm thinking a

Syma defect in the manufacturing process. Good luck!

CPD
Guests
December 25, 2012 - 6:11 am

I believe it's part of the motherboard on these ones, but I could be wrong. (looks up the part on amazon) AHA! http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYMA-S.....3ccd46ef17

That's the only one I could find online, and it has an external switch. You probably can find a replacement switch at your local Radio Shak. Cut splice

and solder the wires, and you should be good. I'm not sure exactly what kind of switch you can get, but they should have something you can jerry rig a lot cheaper than anything you're going to get from syma.

Gonna have to keep an eye on this, sounds like they used bad plastic on it, which means they might have a bad batch of them out there.

jccrall
Guests
December 25, 2012 - 4:03 am

I got one of these S111G for my son-in-law who is a Coast Guard officer (former helicopter pilot) and he loves it.

Somehow he broke off the little (he says orange) knob that is used to switch the model on and off. He still can turn it on and off by using a knife point to slide the switch but it appears that the sliding portion is slowly disintegrating.

Questions:

Is the switch part of the circuit board? I cannot tell from the photos that I have found and there does not appear to be any other information about this.

If the switch is independent from the circuit board can it be replaced?

By the way, he flew the S111G in Coast Guard Headquarters and it was a hit with the Aviation folks there. LOL

Syma Freak
Admin
November 15, 2012 - 1:40 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Yes the Syma S111G is a nice looking heli and flies well..the charging plug is a bit fiddely..Supernova did a strip down of heli and review here

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Chief-T
Guests
November 14, 2012 - 6:12 pm

I finally received my S111G from Lightake. It was cool getting this Heli from the factory in Hong Kong. I don't beleive I ever bought anything directly from a country that far away. Even the mail lady said wow it came direct from China, Anyway I thought that was cool.

I charged it up and it flys real nice and stable. As others have noted it tends to want to drift backwards a tad. Iam not a big fan of the undercarrige charging port. The connecter is hard to keep attached to the Heli. If you use the usb port off the laptop like I do, and charge at the same time your computing than you run the risk of the charge wire to wiggle loose and it gives you a false indication (red light on the usb end) that its fully charged but its not. Gotta watch that. The s111g isn't nearly as fast as my stock 107g was, and my modded s107g is waaaay faster. I do like how I'm able to hover and land on small areas with the s111g. Overall I think it is a fine addition to my hanger. I think I will start a collection of all the military Syma mini helis. I'm retired Coast Guard so of course that's a natural course of action. I admit I am addicted to these small helis. Oh well it could be worse.

T

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5