Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New Question
Reading Voltage
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 11, 2013 - 11:44 pm

Yeah, that's perfectly normal for two helis to be VERY far off like that. Just minor differences here and there can make one fly longer, while another one flies shorter times.

For anybody else reading this that doesn't understand why you put voltmeters in parallel, they're designed with a high internal resistance for the meter movement because of how the said movements are designed. Ammeters go directly in the circuit, since they have very low internal resistances. Putting a voltmeter in series creates practicallly an open circuit, while putting an ammeter in parallel creates pracically a short circuit.

Ohmmeters are different, since they have to have their own internal battery to measure resistances, and because of that you have to eliminate whatever you're taking a reading of from the rest of the circuit and take a reading in series.

jbrumberg
Guests
February 11, 2013 - 11:18 pm

CPD-  Thanks for your response.  I "forgot" about the parallel and series circuits.  I am actually having no problems at this point.  There are small differences in charging times between my two heli's which I attribute to slight differences in the batteries and also those USB charge cables.  Flight times (+/-) and performance dropoff @ 5 minutes are/is again slightly different which I attribute to the batteries.

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2013 - 3:17 pm

There's a number of places to check voltages for a number of problems, and I'm sure there's a reason to check acoss the charge point, but what exactly is the problem you're having that you think you need to check voltages and stuff? There isn't really that many problems where you have to check voltages and things like that.

Going directly across the charge port would not give you a reading, because voltmeters are designed to go in parallel to the circuit element you're reading the voltage across.

jbrumberg
Guests
February 11, 2013 - 2:26 am

A new question.

I have some very basic understanding of DC electronics
and know how to use a multimeter (once I refresh myself with the manual). I also
have no experience with the RC electronics except replacing, changing plugs,
and/or reconnecting cables.

In reading a lot of posts I see the need to
check battery voltage (at least). I do not mind going under the hood and reading
off the terminals, but would it also be possible to take a voltage reading off a
mini usb cable male plug inserted in the charge port? Or is there some kind off
gizmo that prevents that?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9