Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New 107G Throttle Question
Supernova
Guests
December 12, 2012 - 4:30 am

Have a look at my video, If that is not how you did it, then there could be an issue with the throttle pot, the little adjuster at the base of the throttle arm, it has, or should have, a very small flat head screw driver point to adjust it.

blazerbowe
Guests
December 8, 2012 - 3:44 am

Copy that.  Figured it'd be worth opening up to take a look.  I'll tear into it tonight.  Thx for the info!

CPD
Guests
December 7, 2012 - 4:16 am

Sounds like a problem I have with my first one's controller. On mine, when I took out the throttle spring, I didn't do it right, and had to rip apart the throttle to get it out. When I did this, the front connection to the board broke without me realizing (I thought it was just a metal case around a rehostat, not a major electrical component of it) and now I have to push it down to get it to work sometimes. I'd crack it open and take a look if there isn't a bad connection between the metal box the throttle sits inside and the board. Should be a simple fix--some solder and you're good.

blazerbowe
Guests
December 7, 2012 - 3:49 am

Howdy.  New to the forum and new to the 107 g.

Purchased new from Amazon.  (Assuming it's real?)  Anyways, helicopter seems to fly fine.  My issue is the throttle stick.  I don't belive mine has a spring, as there is zero tension on the stick.  The problem is when the throttle is at it's lowest point.  As soon as I turn on the controller, with the stick at the bottom, the heli turns on full speed and races up to ceiling.  I have to have my thumb on the stick, with pressure, to keep the heli from racing up.  This is an issue when you want to place the controller down, or at a minimum... take your thumb off the left stick for any reason.

Is this normal?  Can't imagine it is.  My assumption would be that with your thumb off the stick, and with it at it's lowest position, the heli would sit.... turned off.  But this is not the case.  The only way to make that happen is to turn off the contoller.  Is there a mod I can make to solve this?  Or is it a controller issue?  I can fly the thing just fine, and everything seems to work great once it's rolling.  But it would be nice to land it, take my thumb off the throttle and have it sit there..... not race immediately up to the ceiling upon thumb removal.

At $25 bucks, seems like more of a hassle to send it back to get replaced, blah blah blah.  Was thinking of buying a couple more 107's.  Maybe I could just use one of those controllers, huh?  Unless there's a mod.

Appreciate the info in here.  Lots of good stuff.  Thx for any light that can be shed.  Over and out.....

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2