Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Need help..
Tags: Syma X9
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 1:55 pm

Ok, so I was checking out the screws for the bracket thing on the bottom of the flybar, one seemed to be sticking out further than the other side (meaning it wasn't fully screwed in), so I tried screwing it in, nothing happened. So I unscrewed the opposite side, tried screwing in the screw on the side (Not the actual side, the screw on that side looked like it was sticking out further) that looked like it was sticking out furtit screwed back in a LITTLE bit. I test flew it, and the rotors quit crashing. This time, it continued to take off sideways (even though it wasn't trimmed like that) and it would either hit something, or basically just head torwards the ground. It may still be the flybar. I hav a spare flybar and an entire package of spare parts. So I could do a comparison.

Wingnut79
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 8:17 am

I will need an email to send the pics to....

The tabs I'm talking about are part of the black plastic "cap" that sits on top of the metal drive shaft, which the rotors and flybar attach to. The rotors are held in place on the rotor bracket by two screws, which in turn is held in place by the two tabs. 

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 7:21 am

The flybar seems to be leaning to one side. Even when I try to balance it out or tap it to where it moves back and forth to both sides it continues to lean to the one side. Maybe if I take a small strip of tape to balance it out? I know helicopters are EXTREMELY balanced and one mistake can blow the whole thing, so if tap will hurt it p, I won't.

And can you take a pic of the retaining tabs for me, please? If what I'm looking at is what you are talking about, they are both broken. If you are talking about the little ball joint that holds the little bracket on, those are all fine.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate the help 😀

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 7:21 am

The flybar seems to be leaning to one side. Even when I try to balance it out or tap it to where it moves back and forth to both sides it continues to lean to the one side. Maybe if I take a small strip of tape to balance it out? I know helicopters are EXTREMELY balanced and one mistake can blow the whole thing, so if tap will hurt it p, I won't.

And can you take a pic of the retaining tabs for me, please? If what I'm looking at is what you are talking about, they are both broken. If you are talking about the little ball joint that holds the little bracket on, those are all fine.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate the help 😀

Wingnut79
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 6:13 am

Very interesting....

A few things to check out--

Does the flybar and the top rotors all move freely? If they bind up in any way this could be your problem. 

Secondly, is the flybar balanced? The easiest way to check is to disconnect the dogbones (connecting shafts) from the flybar, see if it balances out level when not connected to the rotors. 

The actual gyro is an electronic component on the PCB board so I believe what you are calling the gyro is actually the flybar/ balance bar. 

I would also check the top rotor retaining tabs (I really don't know what they are called)-- they are the two round tabs or nubs that stick out of the top rotor assembly which holds the rotor bracket in place. If even one of these are sheared off you will have erratic flight. 

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
December 27, 2011 - 5:43 am

Hello, I got this helicopter for Christmas and it worked fine for the first sample flight. When it ran out of battery I went upstairs to charge it, then went back down stairs while my sisters where watching TV and forgetting it can't fly while a TV is on so it kept losing connection. Then the next day it started to fly it, and the main rotors crashed into eachother. So I made it take off over and over again so that way I could examine what it's doing before they crash. The helicopter goes forward, the to the left or the right (depending on how it is trimmed) then starts going backward (mind you it's facing one direction the whole time), then the rotors crash and the helicopter falls. I think it has to do with the gyro/weight thing on top since that is what makes the helicopter hover. But I don't know what it is. I've been reading the forum, and there are a few people who have a similar problem, but without making a half circle first. Nothing seems to be broken. Just the circular motion. I might can try something to loosen the gyro or I can replace the gyro. Feel free to post as you please, I'm looking for any suggestions, help, or instructions to get rid of this problem.

Thanks for reading,
Old_Iron_Spine

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9