Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
My review of the S107G
Tags: Syma X9
MikeK
Members
September 24, 2015 - 7:15 am
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

swordfish010 said
Well regarding the V911 there are two flying modes (mode 1 and mode 2). The button is on the control. The control comes set to speed mode 2 by default but if you set it to speed mode 1 it is said to fly slowly. Speed mode 1 is for indoor use. You did not set the speed to mode 1?

I really don't recall (it's been awhile).  But that little bird flew around so fast it's likely I didn't.  Anyway, it's gone and I really don't miss it.  I'm presently developing reflexive control of the Syma x5c, which is an excellent quad.  I'd like to be able to control every movement without needing to think about it.  

swordfish010
Guests
September 23, 2015 - 7:48 pm

Well regarding the V911 there are two flying modes (mode 1 and mode 2). The button is on the control. The control comes set to speed mode 2 by default but if you set it to speed mode 1 it is said to fly slowly. Speed mode 1 is for indoor use. You did not set the speed to mode 1?

MikeK
Members
July 16, 2015 - 2:10 pm
Forum Posts: 178
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

swordfish010 said
My s107g arrived today from Amazon (It is 100% genuine, I've checked up the stuff)

Here is my review of the Heli-

1. The gyro is good but not as awesome as depicted in youtube reviews. The Heli still sways a little bit in the hovering mode, even in closed rooms and you have to use the right stick on your control to keep it PERFECTLY stable.

2. Battery time could have been better. It takes a minimum of 50 minutes to charge the thing (not 40) and after that you have to follow the 15 minute golden rule. So you need around one and half hour waiting period after your last flight to fly again. The s107g is not for impatient people.

3. Size of the chopper was much smaller than I expected.

4. Nevertheless this chopper is better than my last 2 channel heli I upgraded from.

I would give the s107g a 4 star rating out of 5.

The S-107 was my first helicopter.  I chose it because of its reviews on Amazon and because of its nominal cost.  It was so stable and easy to fly I really enjoyed playing around with it and it got me hooked on r/c helicopters.

My next heli was a Syma S-26, a similarly priced (small) Chinook.  Not as stable and as easy to control as the 107, but having experience with the 107 I patiently stayed with it and eventually learned to "trim" the S-26 out and tame it.  Like the 107 it is a nice little indoor 'copter.

Next, I was attracted by an ad to the UDI-13A, a somewhat larger heli with a camera and is priced at $60.  I bought one and quickly found it was too big and too fast for indoors and because I'm too old to be chasing it around outdoors trying to develop the skill needed to control it I gave up and gave it away.

Next was a WL-V911, a very small 4-channel bird which I thought would be good for indoors and would enable me to graduate to 4-channels.  I was wrong.  Too fast and difficult to control.  I gave that one away, too.

Next, based on a review by Syma Freak (on this forum) I ordered a Syma X5C quad-copter, which for a mere $40 turned out to be everything I was hoping for in an r/c copter.  It is a beautiful little machine, well-designed, very stable, easy to control, has a camera that takes very good photos and videos, and is a pleasure to fly indoors and outdoors.  It didn't take long for me to master 4-channel control and I will highly recommend this quad to any newbie.  

The following users say thank you to MikeK for this useful post:

Syma Freak
swordfish010
Guests
July 15, 2015 - 3:21 am

My s107g arrived today from Amazon (It is 100% genuine, I've checked up the stuff)

Here is my review of the Heli-

1. The gyro is good but not as awesome as depicted in youtube reviews. The Heli still sways a little bit in the hovering mode, even in closed rooms and you have to use the right stick on your control to keep it PERFECTLY stable.

2. Battery time could have been better. It takes a minimum of 50 minutes to charge the thing (not 40) and after that you have to follow the 15 minute golden rule. So you need around one and half hour waiting period after your last flight to fly again. The s107g is not for impatient people.

3. Size of the chopper was much smaller than I expected.

4. Nevertheless this chopper is better than my last 2 channel heli I upgraded from.

I would give the s107g a 4 star rating out of 5.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
10 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2