Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
My new S107
Wanna add some pics
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
December 22, 2012 - 12:19 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Great we could help you-Happy flying!! ssig_cool2

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

MrEd1979
Guests
December 21, 2012 - 2:43 pm

Hey all I want to thank CPD for the help he gave me.  I went to shoot a video of what my heli was doing and the battery on my camera was dead.  On a good note my heli flew better than it has before (has a much smaller trim issue now 85% better).  I am still gonna make a video to put up to show what it is doing and hopefully I can fix the problem 100%.  Again Thank you CPD and SF for the help you gave this newbie syma fan. 

Syma Freak
Admin
December 20, 2012 - 3:51 pm

@ MrEd1979 The chat you had with CPD,was good,he is a great asset to this forum: 

I would do as CPD suggested and make a video..I have to say Supernova is a master of videos and stripping down his Syma helis for repairs or just to see how they are made--he will have a look at your video and pick the problem,you can upload to Youtube,do not make it private tho,as will not show here,other options work ok.

Never bought from thinkrc.com so can not give advice on their products,there website has been around since 2007, so they should be ok-- I have that many Syma 107g helis, and you know some just fly like a dream others need trimming on every flight, guess they are like cars, mass produced, some helis just got better on more flights- my view for anyone is if out of the box and no crashes does not fly correctly send it back. After buying 4 Syma helis from Ebay, all fakes most of the time buy from Amazon as I like their return policy..also one has to consider some of the rough treatment parcels receive in the post.like just got a plane from Hobbyking, the box was crushed badly-sent it straight back. Looking forward to video- we will be able to see your problem better SF

MrEd1979
Guests
December 20, 2012 - 2:14 pm

Yeah I gotta shrink my pics.....  Also talked to CPD about my trim issue.  I need help.  We checked the gears and they look ok.  Still needs trim almost all the way right..... came like that outta the box.... Here is a copy of our chat

i have to adjust the trim all the way right

and i am not sure if my house has a bad draft but i seem to drift all over the place
9:38 PM
fairly common problem, and there's a lot of stuff that can cause it...
well i am new to this so any help would be awesome
the drift could be a draft, this time of year it could be a furnace, could be a tweak or bend in the main rotor shaft..
9:39 PM
it is not in one direction or another
the bad trim could be as bad as a weak motor, or as simple as a little gearslip...
should i contact the people i bought it from
9:40 PM
the rotor would cause a drift in one direction right?
9:41 PM
first thing, and easiest thing to do would be go to supernova's video on gear slip and how to correct it, and follow what he does in it. Basically, what you do is take a flat mini screwdriver, and gently pry upward on the bottom of one of the gears.
9:42 PM
I'd say worry about the drifting after the trim issue--that's secondary and when you're flying, relatively miniscule to when you have it turning like the trim problem
ok
9:43 PM
these helis drift all over the place unless they're in tip-top shape, which at best is about a week or two of flying
ok
9:44 PM
how do i find the trim video?
9:45 PM
it's in the "frequent problems and how to fix" section--it's a beautiful section supernova made up with nothing but very good videos demonstrating how to fix these helis
awesome
9:46 PM
let me think for a bit... trimed to the right... it's turning left... I want to say bottom shaft then...
brb
ok
9:48 PM
double checked with my 800g, it's the top rotor/bottom gear set that's the issue
9:49 PM
ok im looking at it now
what colors are the motors by chance? black/black, black/white, or red(or pink)/green?
black white
9:50 PM
ok, so we know it's real and not a fake blowingg a motor then
i got it from thinkrc.com
haven't personally gotten anything from them, but I've heard they're a reputable site
9:51 PM
gears look good
i got it from thinkrc.com
gears look good
try to gently push the lower main gear upward--it might look ok, but it might have slipped down the shaft and not be gripping as well
black white
9:52 PM
i did everything is tight
alright,
any missing teath on the gears...
9:53 PM
all good
9:54 PM
does the angle of the tail have anything to do with trim?
that might be the break I needed
9:55 PM
yes, if it's angled to one side or the other, it'll turn the heli
9:56 PM
that's probably your problem right there
even tho the blade does not spin unless it is going forward or backward
9:57 PM
the long plastic thing infront of the rear motor is a little crooked
if you're experiencing trimming problems when you're flying around, that would probably be the issue, if your triming, like I do, when it's standing still, then it's not the issue
0_o
brb
9:58 PM
my trim is usually at a stand still :(
9:59 PM
ok, I'm back, with my heli to look at for reference
10:00 PM
ok
what exact long plastic peice is bent?
not bent just crooked
10:01 PM
where at exactly?
the piece right infront of the rear motor
looks like a shark dorsal fin that faces down
Oh
on the tail?
yeah
10:02 PM
oh. That makes no difference what so ever
:(
hmmmm
maybe time to send it back
I never leave that on my helis, it's just dead weight, and another thing that breaks off and gets caught in carpet.
10:03 PM
good to know
I wouldn't send it back that fast
ok
where are you from?
uk??
I'll admit, while I'm an admin and everything, I'm kinda the lower of the four, kinda the primary go-to guy for stuff that sorts out the lower problems
10:04 PM
lmao
i am pulling out my hair trying to figure out why it is needing so much trim
pretty well covered the basics, next thing I can reccomend is that you talk to syma freak or supernova--tell them everything we went over, and they should be able to help you out
10:05 PM
i can take a video of what it is doing and send it to you
would be tomorrow tho about ready for bed
that would be helpful. Did you make a topic about your issues on here yet?
gotta get up at 5:30
10:06 PM
yeah, that always sucks
no not yet
10:07 PM
i will make one tomorrow
what is the best way to put up video?
well, make one, say your issues, make a video going all over the heli and all of its issues, if possable, hold it in one hand, and run it in a low speed in the other infront of your camera, turning it left and right.
10:08 PM
right on
I go the youtube route, but that'sjust me
sounds good
10:09 PM
make sure to note when you're turning left/right in your hand, it might help if it's a motor blowing to be able to hear or see the difference.
sweet
i will do
prob tomorrow
10:10 PM
let us know how it all goes! Sorry I couldn't be of more help
thanks for trying
Syma Freak
Admin
December 20, 2012 - 11:23 am

MrEd1979 said
Tried to upload pics said they were to big.

Are the pictures for your Avatar? did a video on help here

MrEd1979
Guests
December 19, 2012 - 10:56 am

Tried to upload pics said they were to big.

Syma Freak
Admin
December 18, 2012 - 3:17 pm

Ed,sorry had to leave instant chat-Think problem now fixed up loading photos..try now to post your photos SF

MrEd1979
Guests
December 18, 2012 - 11:22 am

Hey I returned the old S107 I bought and ordered one off the thinkrc website.  I wanted to post some pics of my new Heli but can not figure out how to.  Also right out of the box I had to adjust the trim almost all the way to the right...any ideas of why?  Thanks for any help.

Ed

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5