Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Modification question...
Tags: Syma X9
Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 3:23 pm

I don't think I'll end up modifying it, I just had the idea. If I created like a sleeve or pocket, that would work too. And you can have the wires coming from the front where the light is.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 6:41 am

Hey, I saw another video where the guy just points at the screws, or maybe I didn't have the sound on, I thought I did, but never got sound. lol

Supernova
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 11:26 pm

Shame he could not say what he was doing, also putting it back together is a bit different.

Thanks for the video Wink

Freeonthree
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 6:32 pm

Or you could go to you tube and watch the cool S107G dissassembly video with the cool cartoon music  Wink

feature=endscreen&NR=1

drewdane
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 5:38 pm

CPD said:

...it gets boring waiting around for hours between class with nothing to do

You should get some RC helicopters. They're good for passing the time.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 7:00 am

What did I miss, I just got my first cup of coffee. Time to wake up Yellow and Red  Smile

CPD
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 2:06 am

No Problem. That's why we're here. (well, that and it gets boring waiting around for hours between class with nothing to do)

bobO
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 12:50 am

Have to say some of the best advice I've gotten from this forum ( though it's all good) so far, was on battery management. Turns out I was doing everything wrong. Great advice guys, Thanks!

Freeonthree
Guests
February 4, 2012 - 9:44 am

I agree... I do that too.  I think the 40% sleep charge is a good program for them too.

CPD
Guests
February 4, 2012 - 9:05 am

Yeah, I let the battery cool for however long it is until I remember to plug it in to charge. I meant the motors might need to cool.

I've felt the batery after flight and charging, and it gets really hot, but it's cool to the touch in only like 3 minutes. I'd just let it cool a little bit longer after that. (like 5 more minutes for the interior to cool)

No harm in letting it cool for longer, except if you leave it uncharged for longer than a day or something. (although, I definately would HIGHLY encourage charging within an hour of your flight to keep the lipo from dying)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 4, 2012 - 6:43 am

I cool my battery's for at least 15 minutes after charging and after flying, and after the last flight of the evening, I let them cool for 15 min and then give em a 15 min (40% approx) sleep charge.

Im getting an honest 8 minutes of runtime out of my two S107G's  Wink

CPD
Guests
February 4, 2012 - 1:22 am

Dale's mod has velcro. (I think) That'll work, and won't add any weight really. Just plug and go, as long as you have a way of charging the other batteries. (I say a dead heli with the connectors or two)

That's the hard part-finding batteries or a way of charging them so you can, well, charge them without wasting the time you're trying to save.

As for the motors, I would still give the heli a few minutes between flights to cool them. I've felt mine after a long flight, and they can get pretty darned warm. (but 3 minutes is plenty, and you should be able to put up with that)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 5:08 pm

Actually, you can get servo tape (double sided sticky). It holds pretty darn tight. It was used to mount the servos in my Blade CP heli. That stuff is sticky !  It will hold that battery under there just fine  :>)

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 4:58 pm

I don't think it will be very much weight, you just need a baskets, the plug in, and you can probably use a smaller more powerful lipo battery..

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 6:10 am

Here's one that has both male and female, just cut to length on both ends.   Dennis

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/c.....8&P=7

Freeonthree
Guests
February 3, 2012 - 6:04 am

If you can think it, you can do it, but the poor little heli may not like the extra weight, and wear out the motors sooner.

Yes, you can get tiny plugs and jacks for these, but for the price we paid, we didn't even get floor matts Surprised  Dennis

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 3:10 am

So, I was wondering if there is a way to create a battery basket on the bottom of a 107, with a battery pluggin soldered instead of a battery and then you buy other battery's to plug in as you go along.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2