Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
main shaft change
difference after the change
madsamoan
Guests
September 23, 2012 - 5:59 pm

Raptor said
I had an issue similar to this once.

I sheared a tooth off one of the middle drive cogs, and it couldn't get enough power to gain altitude.

Its a good idea to use a battery tester on the battery, and see what voltage it is at the end of the flight. At least that way you can eliminate the battery as being the problem.

i replaced the battery with the up grade 240mu battery and charged it in the outlet instead of the computer and i have has some that the teeth slipped. i could easily here that this i hear nothing like that but i will look. my biggest thing is these are no more that a week old at best, all of them and there are 3.

wannabe_pilot
Guests
August 24, 2012 - 12:45 pm

just a thought

i had this issue once and was really bummed i would have to replace my motors (my thoughts were: one was bad, so the gyro would slow down the other to compensate and maintain heading, and the whole thing would sink down)

just to make sure, i pulled the motors out of the body while still wired up and gave it some throttle. sure enough, one was spinning slower and was coming to a stop much more quickly than the other one. gave it a few more blips on the throttle with the same result.

for no reason really, i gave it full throttle and held it there.  surprisingly, the slow motor sprang to life after 3-4 seconds at full and caught up to the other and has been working normally since.

i'm not sure why the problem occurred in the first place (this all happened within the same battery charge, between landings) nor am i sure how/why it fixed itself. i'm not necessarily recommending you try this, but i figured it was something strange worth noting.

CPD
Guests
August 23, 2012 - 11:11 pm

Yep, sounds like classic gear slip and or broken tooth syndrome. If not, then one of the motors could be getting sluggish, or it could just be having a bad day with a power drain somewhere. But, for the sake of how much easier it is to fix, check the gears for slip and broken teeth. (if you need help, SN has a video over in the common problems section of the forum)

Raptor
Guests
August 16, 2012 - 8:24 am

I had an issue similar to this once.

I sheared a tooth off one of the middle drive cogs, and it couldn't get enough power to gain altitude.

Its a good idea to use a battery tester on the battery, and see what voltage it is at the end of the flight. At least that way you can eliminate the battery as being the problem.

madsamoan
Guests
August 16, 2012 - 7:28 am

i am still having the power issue with doing nothing to it. i will charge it and it will make it around the room once and then lose altitude. i wait betwenn charges i dont leave it plugged in for extended amounts of time. any thoughts?

Syma Freak
Admin
July 30, 2012 - 7:09 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Syma to me has not yet got it correct on their real big S031G Review here ..I bagged it a bit and sent it to Raptor to see if he can do any mods for it,he has not received it as yet.To me the bigger a heli gets they need bigger brushless motors.However the Syma S032G(review here) is the bigger brother to the 107 and flies ok, just in that correct size with brushed motors.Few videos on review page. Play with the hang down aerial a bit can help for further flying range.

Also Supernova did a review of the Syma S301G here with a video

Hope that helps and keep us posted on you 107 fixes to flying problems: SF

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

madsamoan
Guests
July 30, 2012 - 5:35 pm

i did buy a 032 and am having a blast outside with it. what are your thoughts on the larger models syma carries?

madsamoan
Guests
July 30, 2012 - 5:33 pm

Syma Freak said
Are you back flying again?

no i am having new issues i have another that is doing the same thing but i have done nothing to it. i upgraded the battery and no change. i do wait till the battery cools down before charging. i have a few different manufacurers and they fly fine. this seems to be isolated to the symas at this pointFrown

Syma Freak
Admin
July 12, 2012 - 10:20 pm

Are you back flying again?

madsamoan
Guests
July 12, 2012 - 6:29 am

the top assembly snapped and the balance bar went for a solo flightCool

I checked the screws a couple times because i have had that problem before if i do not line up the notch in the shaft. i could have just changed that upper assembly but i had the whole thing so i changed it all.

Syma Freak
Admin
July 10, 2012 - 1:37 pm

madsamoan said
after i changed the main shaft it will not come off the ground i thought i over changed it and changed batteries, still no change. also changed blade still no difference is there something i'm missing?Confused

I guess the rotors are turning ok? What were the problems before you changed the main shaft- just trying to determine what the problem might be.Are both set of rotors turning and have you tightened screws back correctly? tell us more.

madsamoan
Guests
July 10, 2012 - 1:00 pm

after i changed the main shaft it will not come off the ground i thought i over changed it and changed batteries, still no change. also changed blade still no difference is there something i'm missing?Confused

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2