Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Loss Of Power, Short Flight Times
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
September 10, 2011 - 2:34 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Joe M Have put the link to your photos on battery change-you might like to add more here-hope it works ok-try to put your link in where photos are stored should work-see if this link is ok

Link to photos

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Badmotorfinger
Guests
August 30, 2011 - 1:19 pm

I've got the same issue with one of my S107's and it's done this from the very first flight. Flies under full power for about 30 seconds and then will only fly about 6" off the floor for about 8 more minutes. Bought and installed a new battery and it does the exact same thing.

How easy is it to change out the circuit board?

Joe m
Guests
August 25, 2011 - 12:43 am

try again pcb not pwb

Joe m
Guests
August 25, 2011 - 12:42 am

pcb not bwb

Joe m
Guests
August 25, 2011 - 12:40 am

pwb, printed circuit board

earthsea
Guests
August 24, 2011 - 6:41 pm

pcb? What is this, can you explain. 

Joe m
Guests
August 23, 2011 - 11:38 am

I Have the same problem, my s107 has had about 30 flights, charged with the UBS charger. I also have a s107g with about 10 flights. Both Heli have a connectors to change batteries for longer flight times. After i charge my battery, install it in my s107 it only lift off about 12 inches off the ground, i then put the same battery in my s107g and i can fly normal for 5-6 min with no problems. My conclusion are that the battery is not the problem, i think its the pcb but i don't know how to check it out.

thanks

joe m

Syma Freak
Admin
August 21, 2011 - 2:35 pm

@ocinsomniac The Double Horse is a nice heli-however still a 3 channel heli-If looking for outdoor flying consider a 4 Channel heli-bit harder to fly but you can do more with them-again you need a calm wind day-only my opinion-Always do your research on helis before buying-Sounds as if you have had a bad battery problem from the beginning-This unfortunately is not just for the Syma (They I believe buy batteries from other suppliers)

As I am also into planes and buy heaps of batteries from Hobby-King have had a lot of duds with one exploding on charging- Lipos are delicate batteries-now I charge in a lipo sack Found this battery on Ebay- cheap does not always mean the best so be careful with Ebay-Hope that helps

Syma Freak
Admin
August 21, 2011 - 2:10 pm

@ocinsomniac- Your situation have been through-My advice is to be a little frugal on how much you spend on spares.The reason I say that is having got heaps of Syma helis and keep buying them,I end up with many for spares,which to me in the long run is cheaper-I know when I got my first Syma S107 rebuilt my baby many times-it would have been cheaper to buy a new one-however was just so attached to the first one never considered the cost of spares-You can buy just the heli without remote a bit cheaper and bind to old remote as long as it is genuine remote- Talk soon

ocinsomniac
Guests
August 21, 2011 - 6:21 am

What I tried to say is the difference between the price of a new battery ($7-8) and the price of a new S107 ($20-22) is so minimal, I might consider getting a whole new unit.

earthsea
Guests
August 20, 2011 - 6:24 pm

Sounds to me like you are being charged far to much for your new battery. I recently bought a new 180mAh battery for my S107 for $8.       (my S107  came with a 150mAh battery) 

P/s I have a Syma S032 and for an out door bird I don't think you could get better. The range is amazing, turning is amazing, but forward movment could be improved. If I could find a Picooz like rotor that would fit I would be over the moon and a very happy man....

ocinsomniac
Guests
August 20, 2011 - 8:23 am

Already tried giving the gears and motor shafts a spritz of silicone, didn't improve anything. I'm convinced it's the battery. Very disappointed it lasted such a short time even with TLC. Frown

Trying to decide what to do now........the diff between a new S107 and a new battery is only about $12. If I do continue flying indoors maybe I'll get a new S107 and save the old one for parts.

On the other hand, since I enjoy flying outdoors much more than inside, maybe I'll order a Double Horse 9104 http://www.rc-fever.com/double.....th=337_604 instead.........Confused

Syma Freak
Admin
August 17, 2011 - 6:26 pm

@ocinsomaniac Thank you for posting-sounds like you are looking after the battery ok-Guess saying the same things-but to start with check all screws are tight on rotors-if the battery is fully charged and gets up there for a 30 second flight,sounds to me the rotors and gears are ok-so then it goes back to power-little trick you can try not that I recommend this is to spray the the motors with electronic cleaner solvent,as cools them down real quick then fly again-see what happens-This is a desperate measure to do-however it will determine if motors getting overheated that might mean a pcb board problem-just a squirt not to much-again not really advised if your only Syma heli-oh yes turn off digital TV-Sounds silly but have found many people fly with digital tv on-

Then we get back to the battery- as earthsea mentions can be a problem-these little lipos are subject to cold temp and heat-Dale sent me a great battery mod might be worth a look-to me have to say looks like battery is fully charged but maybe not-oh yes have noted some usb cables if not genuine screw up-remember to wait until red light glows well on usb cable-keep us posted SF Confused

earthsea
Guests
August 15, 2011 - 6:29 am

It sounds to me like battery problems for sure. I recently bought a new battery for my s107 to keep as a spare and noted when I returned home that it was a 180mAh where the battery supplied in my wee bird is a 150mAh. So if you decide to purchase a new battery it might pay to look out for this battery with more capacity. Both are 3.7v.

I also noted that the replacement blades I purchased at the same time are a little bigger, they are 87 mm whereas the original set are only 80 mm. This is why I asked the question above. With the new blades on the forward motion is extremely slow. Yes, I do have the genuine s107.

I cannot see any reason for bigger blades on the s107. If I want a bigger bird I would fly my S032 which incidentally I consider to be the best 3 channel heli on the market, the whole Syma range of birds are excellent quality. 

ocinsomniac
Guests
August 14, 2011 - 4:26 am

My S107 suddenly developed the above titled symptoms - about a 30 second flight time before it starts dropping and will only hover a few inches off the ground. Never abused the battery, always let it cool down before charging. This unit is only about 8 weeks old without a lot of flying time. I typically use my S006 far more frequently as I prefer flying outdoors.

The blades, gears and shafts look nearly pristine as it hasn't experienced any serious crashes in my carpeted living room.

Don't believe it's the charger since I get the same symptoms whether I use the USB or controller charger.

Could my LiPo battery be fading prematurely? Frown

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5