Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Light weight mod
CPD
Guests
December 14, 2014 - 4:20 pm

Nice work there. A lot of people by now have swapped the frames out with CF, but personally I think plastic like you used works just fine. I have one older 107 (Wonder if the battery's still any good) that I swapped the lower frame with cheap plastic from a chunk of plastic packaging. Worked great, although a little too great, and I could almost never fly it without crashing straight into a wall. Just tap the throttle and ZOOM! It's GONE!

I will agree that the main problem with replacing the top frame is the issue with holding down the motors, as they tend to try to fly upward with the shaft. (Trust me, been there before in the early days. Not fun.) Good luck on figuring that part out, and happy flying!

Syma Freak
Admin
November 22, 2014 - 8:45 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

By the sound of you pretty sure you will work itssig_cool2 out-post more photossco_hmmthinkit will come!!

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Heliasiri
Guests
November 15, 2014 - 2:56 pm

double-thumbs-up-thanks-smiley-emoticon and crigon_04 admin......... 

i'm thinking to replace also the inner chassis metal like the outer....... but not sure how to make the left half which also has a bracket for securing the main motors....sco_hmmthink

Syma Freak
Admin
November 14, 2014 - 12:17 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

ssig_goodjob2 That is pretty neat thanks for posting and photos

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Heliasiri
Guests
November 12, 2014 - 12:34 am

Hi there,

Well this is the mod i have done to my new heli after flying about a week or so.....

I thought to reduce the weight without removing any part off the fuselage...... but by replacing the metal chassis parts with plastic... well i didn't got any carbon fiber sheets with me....... So i did with the plastic plate which my phone sim came with.... smileys-confused-731584

And i have use this saw with ultra thin cutting blade..... i don't know what it is called but it is perfect for the job.

Untitled-1.jpgImage Enlarger

So below is the finished out product...... 

13012010357.jpgImage Enlarger

13012010358.jpgImage Enlarger

i didn't have any scale to measure the weight but it is now considerably less heavier than stock........ now it hovers up with a little bit below half throttle. ssig_cool2

Don't forget that you will have to push the battery a little bit forward to balance up the aircraft........ enjoy guys happydance

sp_PlupAttachments Attachments
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
8 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5