Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Lastest Syma Up Dates
Syma Freak
Admin
June 18, 2011 - 10:06 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

@Hopalong Great advice-you are right having a few Syma helis is the way to go as you are never waiting to fly

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Hopalong
Guests
June 18, 2011 - 5:21 am

I won't tell anyone not to do it, but "battery cooldown" is probably overrated.

If your battery gets warm to the touch after flying you're doing something wrong.  Same goes for after charging.  As I said though, it can't hurt.

I believe over-discharge is the biggest cause of short battery life.  An S107 should not be flown more than a hair over 5 minutes on a full charge.  I time my flying at 5 minutes and usually come in for a landing and power down once the timer goes off.

Always a good idea to get the heli off the charger as soon as the "charged" indicator comes on too.  LiPos are not meant to be trickle-charged.

Motor cooldown is far more important.  However on an S107 your motors should not get very warm anyway before the battery needs recharging.  Again, if they are getting hot you are probably doing something wrong like too long a sustained flight.

I normally wait 10 minutes before charging, which should be plenty of time for everything to cool down.  Then I normally wait another 10 minutes after a charge to fly the heli again.  But I would not hesitate to cut either of these to 5 minutes.

This is where having several helis is nice: you can fly a different one while you have one or more others charging or waiting/cooling off.  And the "rest time" certainly can't hurt anything.

Syma Freak
Admin
January 17, 2011 - 2:47 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

syma s107Image Enlarger

This is a quick up date of how I am going flying the Syma S107 Remote Helicopter as of  12/14/2010

I am unhappy-My best little girl in fact my first Syma S107 that got me hooked has just died a slow death.

She took off had some great spins and started to descend after 2 minutes of flying to the floor- No puff left to rise up-She looked really sad just spinning on the floor: I was devastated-This had been with me for at least 2 months and harassed my dog with pervade to die at my feet-So many hours of flying-so much fun-What should I do- Dig a hole and bury my greatest friend -NO NEVER

I gently took the canopy off my mate to find a swollen weeping battery!! I held the tears back- Was this my fault??

After some deep meditation and talking to my Syma mates on  forums I had asked too much from here, especially her power force the battery-

After every flight I charged her-Then another flight-Did I  ever consider her battery-No never-Did I ever let the battery cool down before charging- NEVER!!

Ok let me get real here-This great heli will keep flying but you have to have respect for her power force ("May The Force Be With You" some BS)

As posted before on battery care -Realize this is really crucial for any remote helicopter or plane is battery care- They must cool down between charging-At least 15 minutes-Hard shit I know, however face the facts. Your trusted Syma S107 will die.

Happiness is abound- Implant a new power force

As you can tell quiet mad on Remote Toys but the biggest problem we have is not letting the battery cool down before recharging-This is for any remote RC product.

12/15/2010 My Syma S107 is awaiting a new battery- Need to feel those blades swishing air in my face as she spins around me-Sensible up date soon.

Above all leave some crazy comments so I know not totally alone out there Lol

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
5 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9