Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Landing pads, helipads designed for Syma copters
Tags: Syma X9
drewdane
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 8:37 am

Syma Freak said:

...I get approached often by companies willing to pay up to $200 a month to show their banners on the blog and forum-I decided not to go that way on this blog...

You're high. I'd have taken the money and run. Everyone is used to ignoring ads by now, and as long as they're not too intrusive, I wouldn't mind. You created something that provides value to its users, why shouldn't you make a couple of bucks off of this site. (Just my $.02)

Syma Freak
Admin
February 13, 2012 - 5:16 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

dshemelrick said:

No thank God you keep it free of banner adds and advertising because other hobbies I have been in had too much promotions and people selling things and promoting of them. I joined to learn about my heli,s and how to maintain and fix what goes wrong and to enjoy them with others.Its not uptight to want to keep it free of advertising. Put a site on face book with product pics as many of us are on facebook.

That is a good point to people wanting to sell their products use F/B-Thank you for input

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

dshemelrick
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 3:31 pm

No thank God you keep it free of banner adds and advertising because other hobbies I have been in had too much promotions and people selling things and promoting of them. I joined to learn about my heli,s and how to maintain and fix what goes wrong and to enjoy them with others.Its not uptight to want to keep it free of advertising. Put a site on face book with product pics as many of us are on facebook.

Syma Freak
Admin
February 13, 2012 - 12:14 pm

Thank you CPD for your comment. As many of you can see I have not monetized this blog by putting on Adsense Google ads nor filled the site with banner ads.I get approached often by companies willing to pay up to $200 a month to show their banners on the blog and forum-I decided not to go that way on this blog as this is a personal hobby and passion I have for Syma helis and I wanted to keep things tidy and simple offering great help on the Syma 107 and other Syma helis.

Thank you all for keeping this forum interesting and to understand why I refuse direct advertizing on this forum.

Take Care SF

Supernova
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 8:14 am

coptercrazed said:

Wow. Uptightness (and incoherence) rules, I guess.

I have previously posted my experience and fixes for Symas. These helipads are not some sinister Corporate threat to your existence, they are a nice accessory to enhance the Syma experience.

Whatever. Search ebay for ******* if you would prefer to decide for yourselves !!!!. 

Sorry but, this in itself is another attempt to advertise your product

CPD
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 3:51 am

3) You can put a site URL of places that you have directly bought from or products you feel will help all with their Syma helis-

BUT THIS FORUM IS NOT HERE TO ADVERTISE YOUR OWN PRODUCTS all posts will be removed.

If you want to promote your RC products you must email me first. john@syma107.com. or Supernova bernie.n@hotmail.com

That is not incoherant or uptight. If you were running a forum, would you want people to have any precidence to sell their stuff? If SF/SN let ONE post where somebody is selling their stuff, then it gives EVERYBODY the right to sell whatever they want. It's one thing for someone to post that "Whidleydinks sells great little whamajigs for s107's and they're great to deal with, and the thing that's broke on your s107 needs to be fixed using their one goomakligig at this url." or when we were talking about oils and whatnot, and I posted the links to model train oil.

But, if we allowed ONE post, then it would allow malicious people to take advantage of it. It's not that YOU are the true targets, it's just a stop-spam measure and a way to prevent this from becoming a useless marketplace where we cannot discuss anything because it's full of trash from people selling their stuff.

Once again, don't take it personal, it's just to make sure nothing gets out of hand.

coptercrazed
Guests
February 12, 2012 - 2:10 pm

Wow. Uptightness (and incoherence) rules, I guess.

I have previously posted my experience and fixes for Symas. These helipads are not some sinister Corporate threat to your existence, they are a nice accessory to enhance the Syma experience.

Whatever. Search ebay for **** if you would prefer to decide for yourselves. Wink

Syma Freak
Admin
February 8, 2012 - 4:38 pm

coptercrazed said:

Our family is producing a line of**** designed for small copters. Keeps them out of the dust and carpet fluff and encourages competitive flying.

See our current listings on ebay:  

Happy flying!

I have decided not to SHOW your links to your products you are selling as good as they may be not to be posted:The reason being this forum is here to talk and help each other about Syma helicopters.This forum is not designed for people to advertise their products for free advertising and to sell their products that for one I have not bought or reviewed-If you have a problem with this feel free to contact me.

This blog has taken a year of effort and work to get where it is-Not a place to have everyone selling their own products-Always contact me first-I am not going to see this forum become a Auction house for Ebay.

SF Yell

CPD
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 6:18 am

Looks cool!

coptercrazed
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 5:31 am

Our family is producing a line of h*****s designed for small copters. Keeps them out of the dust and carpet fluff and encourages competitive flying.

Happy flying!

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9