Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Just received first S107G - fake?
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
January 26, 2012 - 12:39 am

No, it's real.

Doesn't matter if its real or not, just the pink/green fakes are crap. anything else is good if it flies good.

I maintain, though, that rebuilt fakes are the absolute best helis in the world, better than the real ones.

Freeonthree
Guests
January 25, 2012 - 12:45 pm

I can't find the clone thread I posted in last, so here goes...

My 1st (there will be more) Syma S107G arrived today. Syma logo on box, black and white motors, S107G on the canopy, no numbers chip, but says S107R5 on the board. Upper blades have A1 and lower blades have B2, and all have the warning explanation below the word WARNING. It says ON OFF only below switch, has the red/blue blinker up front, and green light on left rear of board top. The tail rotor blade tips rounded.  Oh, and on the edge of the windshield it says 3D Full Function helicopter on both sides.  3D !  hahahahaha !   Better not Alan Szabo get ahold of one. hahahahahahaha !

I believe it's a Geniune Syma S107G.   Now for the flying report........

I charged it up till the little light in the USB plug lite up, and set it on the floor. I was very nervous... this thing looks like jewlery.  I spooled it up, and it lifted off perfectly straight. I climbed to about 4 feet, and noticed it wanted to rotate a little, so I touched up the trim knob, which was centered out of the box, and still looks perfectly centered, I barely needed to move it, and it was rock solid, and stayed that way so far. I hear they will require touching up as the battery drains down, but havn't noticed that yet.

I started slow flying around the room, which is full of stuff, including my all ham radio equipt, but I wasn't worried about that all at that point. This little heli handles like a dream !  If my dog had thumbs, I bet she could fly it too. lol

So far, I have flown it 5 or 6 times on the same charge, and it's still going strong.

It took me a few tries to figure out how to land it gently, and now I can set er down like a full scale heli.

This is the most fun i've had in years, and the thrill of RC flight is back in my life, without the fear of possible disaster, and I don't even need to get out of my office chair, and load up to go flying  :>)  I give the Syma S107G a gold star.  Dennis

It is very light, and I notice that as I pass over the radiator type oil filled portable heater on the other side of the room. It  climbs a little over the heater, but only a little. 

All I can say is that it's way too much fun, extremely easy to control, and so far I havn't touched anything with it, except the landing surfaces, while gently setting er down. 

Syma Freak
Admin
December 23, 2011 - 4:01 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

bsn321 happy holidays to you and your family as well-any help keep posting,talk soon

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

bsn321
Guests
December 23, 2011 - 1:21 pm

Thanks for the replies so far!

I realize that many clones and possibly some fakes will fly just as well - but it also seems that many people who follow this stuff believe any "bad" review on Amazon is probably due to a fake not living up to standards.

So the proof will be in the pudding - but already I'm feeling more confident about this purchase and excited for my son (and me!) come Christmas morning.

A great site for sure.

Thanks all - enjoy the holidays and happy flying.

Brad

Wingnut79
Guests
December 23, 2011 - 8:53 am

Looks like the real deal to me bud. 

I see what you're saying about the "chevrons" on the "Gyro" sticker, I'm willing to bet that's an updated sticker. I also noticed that the body cover is slightly different than mine, has "Gyro System" and S107 in really large lettering-- but then again you have the blue model and I have the yellow model. The board is what I would be the MOST concerned with, and apparently it's genuine. I have a "Syma" as well as a knockoff-- The knockoff was a heck of a lot more powerful but the tail motor gave up the ghost rather quickly, I replaced the motor and the board went kaput immediately upon turning it on after splicing the new motor in. As supernova says, if it flies, it's all good! As for my knockoff letdown.... Amazon refunded me the purchase price, and it's made a good "parts" donor. 

Supernova
Guests
December 23, 2011 - 5:26 am

Hi bsn 231.

I have looked at your pics and to be honest they look the same as my choppers so I would not worry to much about fake, clone etc this seems to be a big hang up with some people but as long as it flys ok then not to worry I have a definite fake here and to be honest I think it is the business because it has a mind of its own and when you get to know it, it is great, I use it as my best Copter. 

We can get to involved with the real thing or fake but is it really an issue if it works ?

I have 4 now from different sources and they are all different but they all work well and are all great fun.

bsn321
Guests
December 23, 2011 - 4:46 am

Hi folks - 

I received my first S107G (actually for my son for xmas).

Ordered from Amazon - merchant was Tenergy (aka Battery Superstore).  I also ordered a replacement part kit - merchant was Tevas.

I did read much about the clone/fake issues - and trying to educate myself along the way here.  I was running out of time to order with good price on Amazon and free shipping, etc. - but had read that Tenergy was legit so I placed the order.

My heli arrived and I immediately began checking the posts and blogs here and elsewhere to compare to see if mine was fake.  In short, I've posted several closeup pics on photobucket - see link:

http://photobucket.com/s107g

I've read so many helpful details to compare genuine vs. fake, but I'm afraid I still don't know if mine is genuine.

For instance, I've seen posts that indicate a genuine controller has "chevrons" on either side of the red "GYRO" printed on the controller - mine has slashes ("//") instead of chevron.

Also - I thought I had read that a genuine syma blade has "A1" or B1" printed on the base.  While my replacement parts have that, the blades on the heli have "1" and "4" for upper and lower blades.

Aside from that - so many other things appear to pass muster.

- tail rotor rounded

- red chip with "S107R5"

- blue/red and black/white wiring

- top of motors are black and white (or should they BOTH be black??)

In short - I'm hoping some knowledgeable folks can take a quick gander and provide their opinion on genuine, clone or fake.

I realize that many clones fly perfectly fine and that's fine with me - it seems to me after reading, however, that it's important to know what you've got for purpose of replacement parts, etc.  (not to mentioned I've read about polarity issues and frying usb ports, etc...

Many thanks helping this newbie.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5