Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
IS This a Clone, or A Newer Version ?
Freeonthree
Guests
February 18, 2012 - 7:59 pm

Sure, the mechanical quality is there.  It's just the darn circuit boards that need to be built better. They need to spend 60 cents more per board and use heavier rated components. If the boards wouldn't fail, they would be great heli's that would only need an occassional 5 dollar motor or battery. The S107G's are mechanically correct, and fly amazingly well. 

I think there the most fun you can have for under 30 bucks.

This time im going to order the white one, and buy an extra circuit board, just in case this happens again.

The symptom of the problem my red and yellow one's had is the spinning thing when trying to turn, and also when you turn on the heli, the green light blinks once and goes solid, even if the tx is off.  

bvc
Guests
February 18, 2012 - 7:20 pm

How much do you have into your VW Trike? Wink

Seriously. You expect a 25 dollar toy as intricate as a rc micro heli to last 6 months? Don't even bother with the white one.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 18, 2012 - 4:46 pm

Thats right, but if they were made here, they would be $300.00 toys. The fact is, there supposed to keep working for a while, but they don't for me lately. Now my best S107G died. I can't believe it… it's been flawless, sniff sniff…

I contacted Amazon, and it's all boxed up and ready to go back. I'll order a white one when the refund hits, and if that one can't last 6 months, then i'll give up totally on micro's.  All I need is one good S107G that I can depend on to restore my faith in them. This is the last chance im going to give them.   

As far as this new DH9053 goes. I'll try to fix the blade grip slop and see if it's flyable then. That thing is only stable inside, but it's way to big to fly in the house. Outside, a 1mph breeze will blow clean across the yard. The S107G is a Trex compared to the DH9053, and can even fly in a ligh breeze, where the 9053 cannot. It's basically unflyable with any accuracy, where the S107G is very accurately controllable.  I'd love to see someone try to land a 9053 on a 55 gallon drum outside, I don't think they could even land on a picnic table in a 1 mph wind. Worst mid sized helicopter I have ever flown, hands down.  

bvc
Guests
February 18, 2012 - 4:04 pm

They are 25 dollar toys! Confused

Freeonthree
Guests
February 18, 2012 - 1:44 pm

Im thru with rc again. Tried to come back and fly the micro's, but so far i've had 4 bad S107G's, and the first one I bought, my yellow one, died today. I think oil got on the board and killed it.

Now I have the worst heli ever, the DH9053, and it is totally out of control. Amazon gave it to me because I had so many defective S107G's in a row, but this is the worst flying heli I have ever flown. CP heli's are easy to fly compared to the DH9053. It just goes where it wants to, and all you can do is keep redirecting it, and try to keep it from hitting stuff. Im walking away while im only out a little less than 50 bucks total. Im ok with that :>)

Im going to try to fix the factory slop in the upper blade grips of the 9053 that makes it uncontrollable, but it still won't be any good in any breeze at all. The S107G's do great in wind compared to the 9053, and thats just weird. 

I wish you all the best of luck, but im going back to full time biker and ham radio operator. I don't like things that break down or don't work perfectly, so these things are history in my world.  It was fun while it lasted, but if something can't even work properly for a few months, I have to move on to something more dependable, like my VW Trike. I should have spent that almost 50 bucks on gas and went for a couple of nice rides instead.  Live and learn...  Have fun guys.  Dennis

Freeonthree
Guests
February 15, 2012 - 8:01 pm

Made a nice blade holder for my yellow S107G tonight, out of dense foam rubber sheet, works great !

That saved me about 6 bucks plus shipping  Smile  

Freeonthree
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 8:17 am

I can't afford to kill any $400.00 4 channel rc heli's, but my new 26 inch, 3 channel Volitation should be here on thursday, under $49.00 shipped. Then i'll test fly it in the yard, and if it really does need more foward authority, i'll get the Alloy King tail rotor blade for it.
Lot of complaints out there about blade/boom and blade/flybar strikes, but the people who say they've been flying heli's for a while, just say say they fly fine, after you correct the tail heavy issue, so we'll see... Im more worried about the 27MHz deal than anything else. I hope they send me one on 40 or 49 MHz, but you can't pick and choose. Oh well... if it ever glitchs on me from interference, it will be grounded for display purposes only. No problem...
Starting next month, im gunna continue building up my fleet of S107G's, starting with white.
Im determined to get all the colors, in good working order, sooner or later.

CPD
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 7:11 am

Nah. First off, I'd never have a harley, I'd have an Indian, second off, I'd leave it stock, third off, I can't ride a bicicle. (living in the hills on a crazy country road that's a 35 zone with people going AT LEAST 80 regularly is not very conducive to learning how to ride a bike)

Now, if I had a trike, it'd need a nice all black with either straight red flames, charcoal/"smokebox grey" flames (very dark semi-metalic grey) or a steelers paintscheme.

Now, that said, the WWII surplus harleys look really good done up in their original OD and leather, and if I find a jeep that's cheap because it's butt ugly, I'm painting that sucker millitary spec OD-not just OD! Then I'd get the star and whatnot decaling kits off ebay. (and if I get a blue one, I might just have to put yellow numbers on the sides of the hood and a usaf logo, but my parents'd kill me over either one, so I might be stuck with whatever I get)

(for Jeeps, I say Army Green>Red or Silver>Dark Blue>Black>everything else, and I only like red because my pap's CJ2A used to be red, before it got painted "sitting under a pinetree for 20 years" rust.)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 6:57 am

CPD, I bet you'd paint a brand new Harley olive drab. lol 

Supernova,  Me too bud, but I can't afford it, and I vowed not to bang up any more 4 channel helicopters.

Personally, I think it's a work of art.  If I had the cash, i'd get it just to look at thru the window of the box, where it's safe  Wink

Supernova
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 3:58 am

CPD said:

No offense to whoever decided it's the best looking one out there, but if I had the cash for one, the first thing was paint it up for service with the 4077th instead of the stupid blue.

Sure looks good, though!

(maybe if you're that loving of it, you should get that s011 llama and replace the mb with a gyro motherboard for the micro symas.-LOL!!! tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002I15CCU And it's just a tenth of the price, even after buying the MB!)

A tad small init CPD but I do see your point, I am going to ask Freeonthree if he will go halvs on the helipal and keep it at my place Cool he can pop over anytime to have a go with it Laugh Wink 

Supernova
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 3:50 am

I wont one Surprised

CPD
Guests
February 14, 2012 - 12:22 am

No offense to whoever decided it's the best looking one out there, but if I had the cash for one, the first thing was paint it up for service with the 4077th instead of the stupid blue.

Sure looks good, though!

(maybe if you're that loving of it, you should get that s011 llama and replace the mb with a gyro motherboard for the micro symas.-LOL!!! tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B002I15CCU And it's just a tenth of the price, even after buying the MB!)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 7:37 pm

OK guys, I hate to do this to you, but I want you to druel a little too, feast your eye's on this little machine  Surprised

http://www.helipal.com/walkera.....ition.html

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 7:21 pm

I know, thats why I wanted it, and the parts are alot cheaper than for the Syma S033G.

If I wanted another 4 channel heli, I would get that $399.99 Walkera thats deemed the most beautiful rc heli, forget the model number. I looked at it and read all about it and it's auto stablization system, and I had to run like hell.

It's so beautiful, it was hard to resist. It's pretty small, yet 3D capable, but not for me anymore im afraid. Im not going back.

Im limiting my entertainment to 3 channel cheapo's from now on. Hey, these new 3 channel heli's fly fine, and I have noone to impress but me. It costs way to much to try to impress others. hahaha !

If you can find that Walkera im talking about, you'll probably want one. Im seeking therapy now after seeing it  Yell

Syma Freak
Admin
February 13, 2012 - 7:07 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Freeonthree said:

I ordered a Doublehorse 9053 today, to fly out in the yard, but not till I do all the blade/flybar/tail rotor blade mods, so it doesn't self destruck, and will fly in a mild wind. Mainly getting it for display in here, but i'll fly it ocassionally.

I might get a white S107G in a week or so, and my yellow one is still doing great. Can't believe I munched today, hahaha ! 

Doublehorse 9053 is still a 3 channel coaxial heli but not infra red-remember coxial helis outside hate wind-nearly finished my review or the Syma S031.Let us know how D/H 9053 flies

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 6:14 pm

I disagree... I should not be crashing ever, not this little 3 channel  heli anyway. It's just that it's hard to break old habits, and im used to controling a vertical tail rotor with the throttle stick, so I get confused alot, then I munch  Surprised

I keep trying to move the throttle stick left and right to steer, and then oops !  lol

A decent flyer, who doesn't get wild, or try to show off, and just fly's scale like, to relax, should never crash, unless something takes him down, like interference, radio trouble, mechanical failure, or a mid air. There's no excuse for me to ever crash this little micro heli, not as nice as it flys. I just need to lose my 4 channel steering habits, and quit running into stuff. hahahahaha !

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 5:43 pm

I ordered a Doublehorse 9053 today, to fly out in the yard, but not till I do all the blade/flybar/tail rotor blade mods, so it doesn't self destruck, and will fly in a mild wind. Mainly getting it for display in here, but i'll fly it ocassionally.

I might get a white S107G in a week or so, and my yellow one is still doing great. Can't believe I munched today, hahaha ! 

Syma Freak
Admin
February 13, 2012 - 5:34 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Freeonthree I fly planes as well,my great Guru – Roger was a pilot in the Raf in the UK some years ago and is a awesome builder and flyer of rc planes and a few helis.He said to me, sure you can fly planes not wanting to crash,however consider this, unless you push your flying techniques and crash one never progresses to new moves-so today had a plane flying trying to do knife edge, was doing ok then got fear and smashed into a the ground, however repaired and ready to try again as have overcome the fear of crashing and repairing after a few weeks of steady flying, that is the hobby we are all into, we will crash our Syma helis and learn to repair them, what awesome fun it all is-Good video FT Wink

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 1:25 pm

Here it is...  OOPS !  hahaha !

context=C38ba7daADOEgsToPDskIkkEgijYE3GBLd8idSf4ag

Freeonthree
Guests
February 13, 2012 - 1:07 pm

Thats for sure. Soft is always better...

I was just making another flying and landing video, and I had a terrible crash  Surprised  Noone was injured though  Smile

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
15 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5