Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
IS This a Clone, or A Newer Version ?
Syma Freak
Admin
June 6, 2012 - 10:56 am
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

CPD said
Well, you just have to remember that syma isn't the problem. It's that they made too good of a product, and now there's other companies faking them. Ebay's not a good place to buy anything but parts, and there's a few sites out there selling fakes.

Stick to the ones that people've noted to be good, and you'll have a good time. Just see if you can get your money back or leave bad feedback, then buy a real one off of amazon, and not the cheapest one from them either--a blue, white or green if you want guaranteed not to have a fake.

Here is a link to get genuine Syma helis,go for white or green latest color to cut down on fakes Link Here Amazon..

CPD is correct in what he said,the genuine Syma 107 is not the problem,but the mongrel companies producing fakes with the Syma name on the heli.Get a genuine one you will see the difference-I have mentioned before I bought 4 off Ebay all were duds,and fakes.the seller has vanished.Buy from places, I and others have recommended- link here on forum to buyers recommendations

http://syma107.com/forum/gener.....top-thief/

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
June 6, 2012 - 6:34 am
113sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, you just have to remember that syma isn't the problem. It's that they made too good of a product, and now there's other companies faking them. Ebay's not a good place to buy anything but parts, and there's a few sites out there selling fakes.

Stick to the ones that people've noted to be good, and you'll have a good time. Just see if you can get your money back or leave bad feedback, then buy a real one off of amazon, and not the cheapest one from them either--a blue, white or green if you want guaranteed not to have a fake.

Freeonthree
Guests
June 6, 2012 - 5:02 am
112sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, if your going to buy another heli, get youself a V911 4 channel instead. Their only like 60 bucks, tough as nails, and will teach you how to fly a 6 ch heli, while it hovers with the ease of a coaxial.  Their 2.4 g, and come with 2 batterys, and a usb charger that can charge both batts at once. Also, since their 2.4g, you can fly em in direct sunlite  and under brite lights with no loss of control. They also do quite well in the wind, and they also fly great inside the house because their about the same size as the S107G.  Dennis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....smYMTjv2_Y

biggles2
Guests
June 6, 2012 - 2:10 am
111sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the reply. It was from Hong Kong and to save shipping (I assumed) it had been repacked into a smaller box. As I said, the name 'Syma' is not to be seen anywhere - not on the PC board, or on the instruction booklet - there it says just 'S107G' and 'Gyros' in big letters where you would expect the brand name.

Many of the parts look identical, but some are rougher, like poor copies. This may be normal variation in what is in reality a 'Syma 107' (though we may not like it). Look at my previous post; there are many items that are different in exactly the ways described by others who bought fake 107s. I only just found out this seller has many negative feedbacks claiming his 107s are fake.

Anyway, now this particular chopper is intermittently dead, at the end of only about 4 minutes flying time. 

Syma once had a good name. Even though it was cheap you could expect something for the money. This one though is just the worst of chinese crap, something to be avoided at all costs.

All I can say is do not buy these off ebay. Where you can be assured of getting a good one, I don't know. Whether real or fake, Syma is in trouble if these rougher versions become the norm from suppliers, as I for one will not risk getting another one like it - rather I will spend a bit extra and try another brand and type altogether.

Biggles2

Syma Freak
Admin
June 5, 2012 - 6:32 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
110sp_Permalink sp_Print

Freeonthree said
By the way, I didn't quit the RC hobby again, I stepped in deeper, and im flying a Trex 450 clone now, and gettin ready to build another one. I also just ordered an 8 model memory 2.4 gig 9 channel transmitter, so it looks like im seriously back into RC again and working on building a fleet. lol

Long time no see-welcome back!! Trex450 you have progressed-awesome buddy.

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Freeonthree
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 4:52 pm
109sp_Permalink sp_Print

By the way, I didn't quit the RC hobby again, I stepped in deeper, and im flying a Trex 450 clone now, and gettin ready to build another one. I also just ordered an 8 model memory 2.4 gig 9 channel transmitter, so it looks like im seriously back into RC again and working on building a fleet. lol

Freeonthree
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 4:41 pm
108sp_Permalink sp_Print

Between my friends and I, we bought maybe 15 S107G's, and maybe 5 had problems. We bought em on Amazon, and Amazon always paid the return shipping. They just emailed us a shipping label. Something to think about for future purchases.

All of the S107G's i've seen only have 2 channels to choose from, not 3.

I'd use the junker for parts if they won't pay the return shipping.

Sounds like someone already had that tx and modified it.  Take it apart and see if you can spot the problem. Their pretty straight forward how the operate mechanically inside.

Thats about all I have, except this question. Is the Syma logo on the box ?

These heli's are cheap, and spare parts are always good to have around, so don't feel to bad if you get a defect ocassionally. Either way, you wind up with 20 bucks worth of spares  :>)  Dennis 

biggles2
Guests
June 5, 2012 - 3:58 pm

I just got about my 4th Syma S107G and I'm suspicious this one is a fake, or a bad clone. Currently I have a yellow one that flies perfectly and smoothly, and this one is nothing like it.

On this latest (red) one, it's controller came with no return spring action (not necessarily bad in itself) BUT there is almost zero low speed control - it jumps from stop to over half speed (ceiling high) with barely a movement of the left stick, then plummets with hardly a decrease in stick pressure. (Also perhaps of note is that this new controller does not work with my good yellow S107G, nor does the yellow one's remote operate the 'fake' red heli - in any of the 1-2-3 switch positions.)

As I said, I have one yellow that came in a Syma box and flies perfectly. I have to say I did have another genuine (I think) yellow that was DOA.

More (same as read elsewhere about suspected fakes): the motor ends are pink and green; the PCB is green with no Syma logo (it's LED is red); the screen printing on the rotor blades and elswhere is coarser (though the 'fine print' is there); the flybar weights are twice the size, flattish, and there's a pair of screws under each one; the landing skids are solid bar, not hollow(!) and were badly bent out of shape from the start (even though they are very difficult to bend compared to the tubular type). 

Some thing i have not seen mentioned - there is NO 'Syma' brand name anywhere on or in the instruction booklet that it came with! (Did yours? Does anyone find that strange?)

BTW, mine was shipped from HK, repackaged, off fleebay.

Oh, and at last count, after a bit of sub-par flying and no more than the usual number of gentle crashes, the beast is dead in the water, with intermittent spurts of power, but never any longer actually getting started. Dead!

Disappointing, yes. Not 100% sure it's a 'fake', or what, but Syma needs to do something one way or the other, because I'm fast losing interest, and hope of getting another reliable one.

Nice forum, BTW

cheers

Biggles2

Freeonthree
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 12:13 pm

Supernova said:

Are we not, going a tad off topic here Wink

If I did, im sorry… I wanted to ask you, have you heard of anyone converting these S107G's to little brushless motors ?

Im probably hoping for way too much here eh…  That would be a perfect S107G  :>)

Freeonthree
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 11:50 am
105sp_Permalink sp_Print

No, were talking about rc helicopters, at least I thought we were anyway.

Now im curious if the clone boards have lesser quality components, or if their all about the same. Both my boards were R5's.

Personally, I think Shuang Ma makes all of these heli's, like Syma, Corba, etc... 

Supernova
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 11:19 am
104sp_Permalink sp_Print

Are we not, going a tad off topic here Wink

Freeonthree
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 10:25 am
103sp_Permalink sp_Print

Oil didn't do it, I know of three others now that never got oiled and lost the same component.

I admitt it, I get impatient sometimes. Now im going to get a Storm 430 CH heli for outside, and retrain my thumbs  :>)

I ordered the white S107g a while ago  :>)

The cheap components or occassionl cold solder joint on the circuit board is the S107G's only flaw that I have found, and think their mechanically flawless myself. The oil definently didn't damage the boards, just a comon component failure.

Apparantly, it always happens on the first take off after a charging and cooling, when voltage is at it's highest.   Dennis  

bvc
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 9:35 am

Freeonthree said:

I dunno man… their pretty perfect as they are. I got a DH9053 for outside, but the wind just blows it around. My S107G's fly better in the wind than the 26 inch 9053 !  hahaha !  I love S107G's. Their miniaure Trex's compared to the 9053 Double Horse Volitation. lol

Im ordering a whie S107G in a day or two, and try again. Only had 4 defective S107G's out of 15 or 16, so thats not too bad.

Between my friends and I, Im glad I got all the defects, since I recommended the S107G's to them. Whew !

You are just all over place.

Freeonthree said:

Im thru with rc again. ……. I think oil got on the board and killed it.
I don't like things that break down or don't work perfectly, so these things are history in my world.
It was fun while it lasted, but if something can't even work properly for a few months, I have to move on to something more dependable

You are thru but you are getting another.

You are thru but "Only had 4 defective S107G's out of 15 or 16, so thats not too bad."

You killed it, but it broke down and doesn't work perfectly.

You killed it but it can't work properly for a few months and is not dependable.

They're "pretty perfect as they are" but "the darn circuit boards that need to be built better".

You killed it but you say "If the boards wouldn't fail".

Look, I know you are frustrated but be realistic. It's a 25 dollar toy, not a real vw trike. If they were even close to being perfect we wouldn't be here having this discussion and this forum would not exist. That said, for 25 dollars in the real world, they're down right awesome. Cool Laugh

Freeonthree
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 7:27 am
101sp_Permalink sp_Print

bvc said:

How much do you have into your VW Trike? Wink

Seriously. You expect a 25 dollar toy as intricate as a rc micro heli to last 6 months? Don't even bother with the white one.

I've been driving the same truck for about 20 years. I ecpect to get years out of everything...

I built the trike in August of 2003, and have put a little over 65000 miles on it so far. I have about $3000.00 in it total. I generally keep things till they rot, then rebuild them. I don't throw anything away, and I perfer old used stuff over new stuff, except socks and underwear. lol

Freeonthree
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 7:18 am
100sp_Permalink sp_Print

CPD said:

Mine have lasted (without insane flight times) since November, but being that it's my first one and an uncontrollable speed modded one, they're all beat up. My problem is my mom doesn't want me to get any more... Cry

How many do you have ?  What do you mean by beat up ? Blades, and canopy's ?  Not much else to beat up really. The chassis are pretty much indestructable. I crashed my yellow on maybe 30 times, but there still wasn't a mark on it. Looked like new when I put it back in the box last night. Not even a mark on the blades, and I got it back in late January. I think only stepping on them can hurt them.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 7:09 am

I dunno man... their pretty perfect as they are. I got a DH9053 for outside, but the wind just blows it around. My S107G's fly better in the wind than the 26 inch 9053 !  hahaha !  I love S107G's. Their miniaure Trex's compared to the 9053 Double Horse Volitation. lol

Im ordering a whie S107G in a day or two, and try again. Only had 4 defective S107G's out of 15 or 16, so thats not too bad.

Between my friends and I, Im glad I got all the defects, since I recommended the S107G's to them. Whew !

bvc
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 5:48 am

Freeonthree said:

Sure, the mechanical quality is there.  It's just the darn circuit boards that need to be built better. They need to spend 60 cents more per board and use heavier rated components. If the boards wouldn't fail, they would be great heli's that would only need an occassional 5 dollar motor or battery. The S107G's are mechanically correct, and fly amazingly well. 

I think there the most fun you can have for under 30 bucks.

This time im going to order the white one, and buy an extra circuit board, just in case this happens again.

The symptom of the problem my red and yellow one's had is the spinning thing when trying to turn, and also when you turn on the heli, the green light blinks once and goes solid, even if the tx is off.  

A board is just 10 and should last a few batteries time. I've had mine for two months (with insane flight times), it's modded, and it's almost time for its first new battery. I do agree and wish a few things were a little better quality. I would be willing to pay more at the start for it.

CPD
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 2:26 am

Mine have lasted (without insane flight times) since November, but being that it's my first one and an uncontrollable speed modded one, they're all beat up. My problem is my mom doesn't want me to get any more... Cry

bobO
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 1:30 am

Now I wonder what the max life for a 107 can be? At 25$ or so a pop I'd be happy with a couple months worth of play.Just think a movie is 7.50$ and that doesn't include popcorn,lol.

CPD
Guests
February 19, 2012 - 12:55 am

Be careful-3/4 of the boards out there are for the fakes--you have to find one for the real one somewhere, and it'll cost like an extra 10 bucks for the real one. (the fakes are $3, if it's any colsolation)

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
20 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2