Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Ideas For Videos.
CPD
Guests
March 5, 2012 - 12:37 am

Do you have a bad main shaft? I'd just take one that you've replaced and slightly bend it with the part of a multi-tool or pliers for turning bolts. That should get it tbe'ing pretty quick!

Supernova
Guests
March 5, 2012 - 12:18 am

I am a bit slow doing this but it is on the list, I am trying to make one of my helis do this but so far now luck.

Supernova
Guests
February 22, 2012 - 6:13 am

seaturtle said

what about one on TBE.what causes it and how to fix.

thanks,Bernie.

I hope you can be give me the time to do this. Laugh

Supernova
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 6:45 am

Supernova said:

seaturtle said:

thanks,Bernie.

I am working on this one, but time is not on my side Cry but I will. 

This is my next goal but I need to do some research into the problem because to be honest I have never experienced it myself, but I will do my best be assured it is on my list.   

CPD
Guests
February 11, 2012 - 12:32 am

great! Lots of that lately!

Supernova
Guests
February 10, 2012 - 10:42 pm

Next video is about the gears slipping and how to sort this problem.

Supernova
Guests
February 9, 2012 - 7:11 am

seaturtle said:

thanks,Bernie.

I am working on this one, but time is not on my side Cry but I will. 

bobO
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 2:15 am

Great , I'll look into it, shouldn't be a problem lots of friends here into trains. Thanks!

CPD
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 12:57 am

No Problem.

Like I was saying a long time ago, I'm sure my experience with lionel trains'll help somewhere, and I guess this is annother time it does! I've had good experience with the similar oil that I have, and while it's not cheap, at $12/bottle (or whatever) after shipping, it's well worth it.

I'd suggest putting it on the small gear on the motor, turn it a little, and keep applying it to all of the teeth on it, then the small gear on the bottom of the second gear, then keep rotating until you cover every tooth on both sides. It takes time to cover the teeth, but it'll be worth it. Then, work it in by running it at LOW speeds for two to three minute. Then, repeat once every month and a half or whenever it looks like it's drying up.

Supernova
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 12:47 am

Thanks for the link and help CPD WinkLaugh

CPD
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 12:41 am

I'll need to check where you can buy it, but model train oil seems like the best bet to me. I have this one bottle that I bought when the local hobby shop was closing up, but I don't know where or what brand, and it seems perfect for it. The bottle has a long metal needle that can get into tight places, and it's a non-oil based, it's some synthetic or vegital based light oil. The only issue is that it dries up after a few weeks, but still protects from wear like grease or an extra layer of protection.

But, I'll check around and post back on where to get it.

(oh joy, lionel experience comming in handy again)

EDIT:

Found something similar on amazon-tag=syma107heli-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B005U34QIO

Liquid Bearings. Designed for the just about exactly the same situation as these helis, and with a nice needle to put it into the hard to reach places.

Supernova
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 11:17 pm

bobO said:

How about the proper way to do a lube job and what kinds of oil can be used. I have some graphite oil and powder. Did see the bit about the Teflon oil (spray?). But just thought something a bit more comprehensive would be in order. Great job so far Bernie, you're efforts are well appreciated.

I think the only way to lube the heli is with Teflon spray but only very lightly, I dont do it myself because they seem to have plenty on them from new. But I will look into it for you. 

Supernova
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 11:15 pm

2 new videos added for you all. Wink

bobO
Guests
February 5, 2012 - 4:43 am

How about the proper way to do a lube job and what kinds of oil can be used. I have some graphite oil and powder. Did see the bit about the Teflon oil (spray?). But just thought something a bit more comprehensive would be in order. Great job so far Bernie, you're efforts are well appreciated.

seaturtle
Guests
February 4, 2012 - 11:09 am

thanks,Bernie.

Supernova
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 4:24 am

seaturtle said:

easy peasy.thanks bernie.is there any need for the double sided tape then?

To hold the batt in place? Yep I would, it can stop the battery moving about especially if it crashes.

Soldering vid next.

seaturtle
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 1:38 pm

easy peasy.thanks bernie.is there any need for the double sided tape then?

Supernova
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 2:56 am

The battery video is done, what do you think ?

Supernova
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 2:50 am

Supernova said:

seaturtle said:

how about a battery replacement.with some wire splicing and soldering.

Do you mean show how to solder the small wires ?

I will try to do some videos today about changing the battery, soldering, removing the lower shaft and gears, etc.

I have found a way to add some more content to the films so hope you like them. 

seaturtle
Guests
January 29, 2012 - 2:28 am

o.k.

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters: