Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
I can fly again...but
Tags: Syma X9
martin trj
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 3:33 pm

CPD said:

Well, my recomendation then, as an owner of a 102, is buy a 102, and another balance bar that says it's specifically for s107, or one of the sets of balance bar, blades, gears and main shaft.

The 102's pretty cheap, although I think the 108 somehow got cheaper than it when Amazon raised the price on all of the Symas.

I compared them to the one my S107 comes with and they look exactly the same but the tips of the s107 seem to be a bit bigger.  I take that's the issue, they're lighter.

CPD
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 2:24 pm

Well, my recomendation then, as an owner of a 102, is buy a 102, and another balance bar that says it's specifically for s107, or one of the sets of balance bar, blades, gears and main shaft.

The 102's pretty cheap, although I think the 108 somehow got cheaper than it when Amazon raised the price on all of the Symas.

martin trj
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 11:03 am

CPD said:

Do you happen to have a 102 or any military heli nearby?

I'm wondering if it is one for a 102--it's longer, thinner, and lighter. I was thinking before that it makes it more responsive due to less weight, yet works because its longer, but maybe not.

The other thing to check-I've noticed one set of blades which are shorter and wider than regular s107 blades, but not as short as 102 blades. The key detail is, check the ends-if they're angled at the end, they're those blades.

I'm wondering if they're convirting to a different blade type or something, and maybe if it's not a 102 balance bar, it's for the other type of blades.

It does look like the one for the 102, I agree.  When I purchased the parts they were in the s107 area but anything is possible, all the other parts fit fine.  I don't own a 102, just the s107 and a couple of s032. 

CPD
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 10:57 am

Do you happen to have a 102 or any military heli nearby?

I'm wondering if it is one for a 102--it's longer, thinner, and lighter. I was thinking before that it makes it more responsive due to less weight, yet works because its longer, but maybe not.

The other thing to check-I've noticed one set of blades which are shorter and wider than regular s107 blades, but not as short as 102 blades. The key detail is, check the ends-if they're angled at the end, they're those blades.

I'm wondering if they're convirting to a different blade type or something, and maybe if it's not a 102 balance bar, it's for the other type of blades.

martin trj
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 8:12 am

CPD said:

It looks like a regular s107 balance bar, so it mist have just been not quite on right. I'd take a string or something like that, and see if you can balance it, and see where it balnaces-if it's in the middle, it means it was for sure not quite on right. If it's off to one side, it's not balanced.

The fact that it is translucent grey, it is probably a fake one, but that shouldn't mean anything-the fakes have good balance bars and stuff.

Yeah, it's weird because it seems to be balanced but as soon as I fly my heli with it the wobbling begins.  The original balance bar looks different.  I'm just happy it flies.

CPD
Guests
February 8, 2012 - 12:54 am

It looks like a regular s107 balance bar, so it mist have just been not quite on right. I'd take a string or something like that, and see if you can balance it, and see where it balnaces-if it's in the middle, it means it was for sure not quite on right. If it's off to one side, it's not balanced.

The fact that it is translucent grey, it is probably a fake one, but that shouldn't mean anything-the fakes have good balance bars and stuff.

martin trj
Guests
February 7, 2012 - 6:50 pm

I think I did but just in case I'm trying again.  btw, pm sent.

Later

Martin

Old_Iron_Spine
Guests
February 7, 2012 - 5:46 pm

Did you put it on right? The duds have to be lined up so the brackets are in a straight line.

martin trj
Guests
February 7, 2012 - 5:34 pm

Wow, so I figured out what was causing the problem, the balance bar I received with the rest of the parts was causing it.  I replaced it with the old one and it flied fine again. 

This is the balance bar that cause the issue, is this normal?

Thanks

http://i576.photobucket.com/albums/ss204/martin_trejo/LosAngeles-20120206-01480.jpgImage Enlarger

martin trj
Guests
February 7, 2012 - 3:50 pm

I ordered replacement parts from my heli and it is now able to take off, the problem is that when it does it starts flying with a circular pattern, it doesn't spin just kinda soars in circles.  What do you guys think I did wrong? 

Please help!

Thanks much.

Martin

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32