Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
help with 'christmas tree"
Supernova
Guests
April 22, 2012 - 2:43 am

If you get stuck let me know.

dale107
Guests
April 21, 2012 - 4:07 pm

Thanks for the reply, SN. I was afraid that might be the case, although I ordered the parts from RC. I have since ordered one of the wear kits, that should have the correct ones I hope.

Supernova
Guests
April 21, 2012 - 4:13 am

Hi dale107, And welcome to our forum.

I think there could be a problem with the parts you have ordered, as my video with the repair on the top rotor should be straight forward with the proper part.

SN.

dale107
Guests
April 20, 2012 - 2:34 pm

Having broken the mount for the balance bar on the christmas tree on my 107g, I ordered a replacement inner shaft and tree.  On attempting to fit the new tree, I can't get it to actually fit back together.  I have used SN's great video which was a great help, but the problem seems to be that on the original top, the drive pins for the top rotor, and the set screws to retain the top to the shaft appear to be offset by about 45 degrees.  The replacement top has them in the same plane, ie. parallell to each other.  When attempting to put the balance bar back on, the dog bones won't go on, as now they seem to be too long.  I can get 1 only on, and the balance bar then sits at an angle, making fitting the other dog bone impossible.  The only difference I can find is in the whole "christmas tree" part, where the drive pins for the rotors and the set screw to attach to the shaft are at 45 degrees to the other as described above.  Do i have the right parts?  Or has there been a design change?  Or am I just too dumb to have one of these?  Confused  Any ideas?  Edit,   I just noticed that the distance between the drive pins and the set screw for the shaft are also further apart on the old top.  That would make the dog bones too long too.  Do I have an incorrect part then?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2