Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Help with choosing?
Need help with choosing.
Tags: Syma X9
Syma Freak
Admin
November 30, 2013 - 6:48 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

greyhob said
Thanks SF, I think the blades on my black "Copta (with camera)" which I got from Amazon may fit, if you get a chance have a peek and let me know. It's dangerous for me to look at them on Amazon, my last viewing cost me a White 107 with a camera....this has got to stop it's becoming obsessive.

That happens, not really obsessive, it is a good hobby, cost me more playing golf every week which I do not do any more, fly a home made quad instead.. bought a heap of blades via Alibaba from some company all sh--- so I am looking hard at balanced blades for my helis and quads. Any way stay with the fun hobby, most people will say you are mad, but they do not relate what they spend a week on their hobbies, drinking ,smoking,eating, you know what I mean!- Thanks for posting, keep them going. You got a link to those blades from Amazon?

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

greyhob
Guests
November 30, 2013 - 9:14 am

Thanks SF, I think the blades on my black "Copta (with camera)" which I got from Amazon may fit, if you get a chance have a peek and let me know. It's dangerous for me to look at them on Amazon, my last viewing cost me a White 107 with a camera....this has got to stop it's becoming obsessive.

Syma Freak
Admin
November 28, 2013 - 10:36 pm

greyhob, have you had a look at Hobbyking.com for black blades, will do a look around to see if I can find some for you

greyhob
Guests
November 21, 2013 - 9:27 am

Hi all Syma 107 fans, can anyone tell me how many colours these wonderful flying machines come in. I have a red, yellow, pink, bright green and my latest matt black which I am very pleased with. I know there is white, white and gold and blue is that it or are there more???

These little heli's have kept me together this year I'm on a lot of morphine (not by choice) I have a spinal disease. So instead of doing battery mods and everything else to improve the flight time, and really wanting to thank SN for great tip on charging, I now have 5 107's 2 Chinooks (CH-47) an Avatar replica, a black "copta" with camera and a great big T-40 which on it's first flight wanted to land on the moon! (another story). So with having 5 up to now I can fly for 30 mins plus different colours but same machine also got 5 handsets (4 spare).

Thanks to all you guys who have taken the time to post all types of info and films on this subject, I've had a lot of laughs at some of the films, SN's parrot cracks me up! Also received some good....and bad tips on interior design.

All my purchases have been through Amazon, and all my 107 are genuine Syma so really pleased. My latest 107 is matt black, never seen one before, although there is a clip one youtube were this guy has used a marker pen to colour his black, this leads me to another question, this black one has come with white blades, does anyone know where I could get black ones or which ones from another heli would be suitable.

Sorry to waffle on, but thanks again to you all.

So how many colours are there? cool

Syma Freak
Admin
August 19, 2013 - 7:21 pm

crigon_04You use to be able from RCfever but not anymore-better to buy the whole thing as if you had a clone or fake a genuine remote might not bind with heli

MiguelAngel
Guests
August 19, 2013 - 12:01 pm

Hello... Does anyone know if you can buy a BNF S107G (without control)?

Syma Freak
Admin
July 16, 2013 - 11:58 am

KevinP said
So... "tomorrow" has turned into 5 days... any luck finding out?

Sorry got sidetracked-tried to get you on chat a few times--symatoystore.com seems to be a drop shipper-there have been a few members bought from them and had a few problems but did get another product sent out..maybe read Stop Thief post here shows where members have bought from.

I have not bought from them so can not really voice opinion.Also more posts from members here on syma toy store just to mention this is not the company Syma

http://syma107.com/forum/here-.....toy-store/

KevinP
Guests
July 16, 2013 - 12:11 am

So... "tomorrow" has turned into 5 days... any luck finding out?

Syma Freak
Admin
July 10, 2013 - 8:25 pm

As we spoke on chat will check them out for you-talk tomorrow

KevinP
Guests
July 10, 2013 - 7:28 pm

Hey again.

One last question: Is this site "symatoystore.com" selling legitimate copters?

KevinP
Guests
July 10, 2013 - 7:19 pm

Alright.

Thanks.

Syma Freak
Admin
July 10, 2013 - 6:58 pm

Any heli or quad hates wind-remember also the 107 is really a indoor heli as infra red remote and hates sunlight.CPD is correct in saying the 107 is great to learn with--then consider other helis or quads- just learning to control any Syma heli will help to set you up for bigger more faster outside helis.

KevinP
Guests
July 10, 2013 - 5:08 am

Thanks for your reply!

I considered the S107 at first, but the 10 meter range, for outside flying seems very frustrating to me.

Do you think I should go for the F3? How much wind do you think it can handle?

Best regards,

Kevin P

CPD
Guests
July 10, 2013 - 4:20 am

Well, sorry to go against the "Don't add another to the list" thing, but I really would say that before moving up to a quad, you really should give a s107 or military seriesĀ heliĀ a go if you're just starting out. Start small--much easier to learn on a small heli like a s107, and it's a lot easier to fix when you screw it up learning. I'd say the basic progression is an s102 or other military heli is the best for getting the initial feel of flying, since they're slower and smoother, s107 is a great all-purpose flyer that is great to learn on and then continue flying forever, and then you can move up and up. If you have zero flight experience, quads aren't the best thing at all. Not the worst--a full 12 channel outdoor variable pitch costing $10k+ would be the worst, but it's far from the best.

KevinP
Guests
July 10, 2013 - 2:25 am

Hey everybody.

I would like to start with letting you know, that I am a BEGINNER. A total newbie. I have never owned an R/C Helicopter in my life.

So, what I need help in choosing, is as my first heli, should I take the Syma F3, or the Syma X1? Please don't add another one to this list, unless you think it is really necessary! In recommending, please take in count that it is somewhat windy here in Estonia, and I plan on doing mostly outdoor flying. Am I correct that the X1 Quadcopter is more stable with wind? I did not find anything regarding the F3 in that matter. Please help me choose, which one should I take.

Best regards,

Kevin P

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
17 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9