Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Getting Started with Syma S107 g
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
October 3, 2013 - 11:58 pm

Milk said
I just switched on the heli, red/blue lights flashing at front and green led at back constant on.  I switched on the remote, led light on constant, frequency switch at A.  I moved the throttle to full and backed off to stop and repeated:  nothing.  The remote is pointed at the tail of the heli, less than a foot away.  Thanks for sharing your ideas.  Any other thoughts at this point?

Well, here's my guess--1st I'm going to assume you're not going all the way back to China to return it at a $20 helicopter. Second, being that it had a green board LED, then I'm assuming it's a real heli, and not a clone or fake. Now, being that you've tried to bind it, and it doesn't do anything, I'd first play around with different combinations of turning the remote on, then the heli, waiting for the gyro to stabilize and then try to bind it. Sometimes, they'll be picky about if you have the remote on before the heli or the heli on before the remote.

After that, I would go the route of buying a second heli. If you bought a new remote, most likely, it'll be a fake, but it'd be cheaper, if you want to take the risk. I'd suggest going on amazon, and buying one of the military-series Syma helis for the safe bet. (I.e. s102, 108, 109, 111 etc. Blackhawk, Cobra, Apache and Dolphin) They aren't being faked, with the exception of the chinook having a version with a danger label on its blades, known as the "dancer" version because of a messed up G, and have matching remotes. You could by an s107, however there's again a high chance of getting a fake, which would have a remote that won't work for your heli. The other side is, the military helis aren't as fast, or at least weren't when I got my s102, and are much smoother flying. (Since then, they've changed the blade shapes, and I've heard that they're a tad faster than the 107's now, but I can't say for sure, and it doesn't really matter)

Milk
Guests
September 29, 2013 - 3:12 am

I just switched on the heli, red/blue lights flashing at front and green led at back constant on.  I switched on the remote, led light on constant, frequency switch at A.  I moved the throttle to full and backed off to stop and repeated:  nothing.  The remote is pointed at the tail of the heli, less than a foot away.  Thanks for sharing your ideas.  Any other thoughts at this point?

CPD
Guests
September 29, 2013 - 2:36 am

Well, seems to be a quite simple thing. 1st, what appears to be lights under the blue plastic is not leds, but the infra-red transmitter. If it lights up, you got problems. 2nd, how the helis bind to a remote is you turn them on, turn on the remote, throttle up full, then throttle down to zero, and throttle up again to take off. They get the initial bit of information from the first signal, and decide that's where the information should come from.

Throttling up, then switching to B means that it bound to A, but then you switched to B, and it wasn't going to receive signal from B, so it didn't take off.

Hope this helps!

Milk
Guests
September 28, 2013 - 8:59 am

I bought a Syma S 107g helicopter at the Beijing airport store for a present for my grandson in Missoula, Montana, USA.  

I charged the heli on my computer USB outlet until the USB connector lit up.

I installed 6 new AA batteries in the controller.

I switched the hell to on:  the red and blue front light started flashing and the green led above the rear landing support turned on green.

I switched the controller on:  the green led light below the frequency switch turned on;  no led lights on at the center front of the controller in the blue lens.

I moved the throttle forward with the frequency switch in the A position:  the rotors did not turn.

I moved the throttle back and moved the frequency switch to the B position and then moved the throttle forward:  the rotors did not turn.

What do I need to do to get the helicopter to fly?

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
12 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2