Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Genuine S107?? (I read the previous posts on this subject)
Tags: Syma X9
Aresnine
Guests
March 15, 2012 - 3:29 am

Thank you,  the only question that I have is will it add a new topic?  I want to post to can existing topic.  Thanks.

CPD
Guests
March 14, 2012 - 2:09 am

it's the add topic button.

right where it says "add topic" in blue on silver

Aresnine
Guests
March 14, 2012 - 1:35 am

twiddly2 said

Mistakes in my earlier post below...red one was bought from seller A-Hobby...and the red one also is the one with the black and black motors...but I've decided to return the yellow one anyway, based on the body markings

twiddly2 said

Thanks to the folks in here, first thing...

The yellow one does not have pink and green motors, looks to be black and black, instead of black and white.

I won't be flying these...they are gifts. Yellow one will be for a later birthday, so I will return that one and order another one pronto from the other seller. I actually ordered both from the seller of the red one at first, but canceled it (long story involving children and b'day party logistics) so now I am just going to dispense with all of this tomfoolery/bellyaching/uncertainty and get a yellow one that looks like the red one. And hope these two boys (the lucky? bday recipients) will be able to fly them and not really know what the hell is going on as far as the fakes/clones of genuine Syma helis cottage industry goes.

FYI the Amazon seller of the (good) red one = Battery Superstore and seller of the (bad?) yellow one = A-Hobby

Peace and love Kiss

CPD said

My guess, the yellow also has pink and green motors.

Red=real, yellow=fake

Fly em till they break, when they do, either ask us, or if within warentee, return em.

Heck, with the yellow, wait and see how broke it can get before it's completly dead, then return it. I'm serious, tell the two to fly the yellow one almost exclusively, that way it DOES break, and not the good red one. The yellow will probably break first, and need returned, then you get a new yellow or a blue one, and go from there.

Aresnine
Guests
March 14, 2012 - 1:33 am

This is off topic but how do I post?

twiddly2
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 4:49 pm

Mistakes in my earlier post below...red one was bought from seller A-Hobby...and the red one also is the one with the black and black motors...but I've decided to return the yellow one anyway, based on the body markings

twiddly2 said

The yellow one does not have pink and green motors, looks to be black and black, instead of black and white.

I won't be flying these...they are gifts. Yellow one will be for a later birthday, so I will return that one and order another one pronto from the other seller. I actually ordered both from the seller of the red one at first, but canceled it (long story involving children and b'day party logistics) so now I am just going to dispense with all of this tomfoolery/bellyaching/uncertainty and get a yellow one that looks like the red one. And hope these two boys (the lucky? bday recipients) will be able to fly them and not really know what the hell is going on as far as the fakes/clones of genuine Syma helis cottage industry goes.

FYI the Amazon seller of the (good) red one = Battery Superstore and seller of the (bad?) yellow one = A-Hobby

Peace and love Kiss

CPD said

Red=real, yellow=fake

Fly em till they break, when they do, either ask us, or if within warentee, return em.

Heck, with the yellow, wait and see how broke it can get before it's completly dead, then return it. I'm serious, tell the two to fly the yellow one almost exclusively, that way it DOES break, and not the good red one. The yellow will probably break first, and need returned, then you get a new yellow or a blue one, and go from there.

twiddly2
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 4:42 pm

I had sent SF an email on the main site, so that was what he was referring to. There's a lot more I can say, but then I'd just be more like you, and that's not cool.

bkzboris said

honestly twiddly2, you hijacked my post.....make your own post next time so that people can answer everybodys questions in a organized fashion....completely uncool. Below is a prefect example....who is he talking to?...if it was towards you, then thats not cool because this was a post to answer MY question, once again...learn to make your own posts if you have detailed questions about something that is completely non-related. Clearly there is a problem when you do what you did.

twiddly2 said

OK, thanks, but I like the personal touch too, especially when I need expert advice.

Syma Freak said

As CPD said sounds all ok-flying is the test and if a problem then contact Amazon-Do not freak out to much on fakes I have a lot and some are really good,keep us posted-Also got your email but feel the forum will help you more than me replying by email-your choice SF

bkzboris
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 3:11 pm

honestly twiddly2, you hijacked my post.....make your own post next time so that people can answer everybodys questions in a organized fashion....completely uncool. Below is a prefect example....who is he talking to?...if it was towards you, then thats not cool because this was a post to answer MY question, once again...learn to make your own posts if you have detailed questions about something that is completely non-related. Clearly there is a problem when you do what you did.

twiddly2 said

OK, thanks, but I like the personal touch too, especially when I need expert advice.

Syma Freak said

As CPD said sounds all ok-flying is the test and if a problem then contact Amazon-Do not freak out to much on fakes I have a lot and some are really good,keep us posted-Also got your email but feel the forum will help you more than me replying by email-your choice SF

twiddly2
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 11:50 am

Syma Freak said

twiddly2
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 11:49 am

Peace and love Kiss

CPD said

Red=real, yellow=fake

CPD
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 7:40 am

Ha! These things can come in beer boxes for all I care! The box it comes means nothing, and they come in just whatever box they have handy from whatever box factory they came from for that batch. My hybrid rebuilt fake came in a real box that had the plastic glued over the hole from the outside, obviously second-hand. The box means nothing, except for the major things like if it doesn't have the logo, it's 99% of the time a fake or clone, which means nothing other than the fake pink motors seem to blow very often, but after you repair it, it flies forever. (or at least mine has)

bkzboris
Guests
March 3, 2012 - 5:15 am

I just got my second one in today, it came in a thinner box then the first one, and also it has "sky master" written near SYMA on the top right.....they both are identical looking in parts, but the boxes they came in are different.

Syma Freak
Admin
March 2, 2012 - 3:28 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

CPD
Guests
March 2, 2012 - 12:03 pm

Your's is textbook real. No problem at all. No matter if it's real or not, just fly it until it dies, then fix it.

bkzboris
Guests
March 2, 2012 - 10:37 am

lol im confused, is anyone going to tell me if my copter is real? Do you guys see the pics i posted

CPD
Guests
March 2, 2012 - 8:51 am

Red=real, yellow=fake

twiddly2
Guests
March 2, 2012 - 8:17 am

Hope someone here can help this poor mum out 🙁

I bought 2 S107/107G helis, as birthday gifts for 2 boys. One is yellow from Amazon seller Battery Superstore and the other is red from Amazon seller A-Hobby. They both arrived in genuine-looking boxes, handles and logo etc checked out. But one box is smaller and slimmer than the other.one box has styrofoam around th

Markings are different on the helis. The red one has the plain "S107" on the top. The yellow one has "3D Full Function Helicopter" across the black window, and "S107G Gyro system" diagonally on the body. The "S107G" is large and in bold print. The WARNING on the top blades also differ. Yellow one has a Caution (triangle with an "!" in it) symbol next to the word "WARNINand the fine print is below it. Red one just has WARNING, no symbol, with fine print to the left of it. The actual wording of the fine print also says different things.

Both circuit board appear to have the S107 numbers on it.

Why are the body markings so different?

Supernova
Guests
March 2, 2012 - 3:51 am

Good result, All the screws in the flying bits must not be tight, the parts must be free to move with no stiffness.

Any binding will cause an unwanted effect. 

bkzboris
Guests
March 1, 2012 - 5:11 pm

Ive been doing research and have found out that this is known as TBE toilet bowl effect..ya lol....anyway 

"TBE is when the helicopter swirls around in a big circle like it is being flushed down the toilet while trying to hover. A little internet searching revealed the possible causes - either a binding flybar or binding upper rotor hub hinges on hinged-blade machines like the Symas. My flybar wasn't binding and the hinges seemed OK, but as an experiment I used a jeweler's screwdriver to carefully loosen the upper blade mounting screws by 1/4 turn, just in case they were a little tight. Couldn't hurt. Then went for a test flight and the TBE was completely cured!"

does he mean he loosened the screw that actually connect the upper 2 blades to the main shaft? and if so, could this problem also be caused if the blades are too loose?

bkzboris
Guests
March 1, 2012 - 4:52 pm

http://i43.tinypic.com/wltwu8.jpgImage Enlarger

http://i43.tinypic.com/29mlx92.jpgImage Enlarger

http://i42.tinypic.com/35jw7zc.jpgImage Enlarger

http://i41.tinypic.com/nps7cj.jpgImage Enlarger

http://i41.tinypic.com/34fi4gg.jpgImage Enlarger

My iphone can't get a pic of the motherboard, but it is red and the numbers/names match what  you say is legit. It does have a flashing green light, my only concern is the tail rotor the difference between the fake and real is not really noticeable to me. Also i took the metal parts off on the landing gear and only left the plastic since the metal part doesn't even touch whatever surface you are landing on...so dont let that influence your opinions on the authenticity of this product.

I purchased from Abco deals (YNF Trading Inc.) and im sure its legit, but after reading the guides you have on here I purchased my second one from Superstition hobbies (Stevenson's Model Products LLC)

On a side note, does anyone have an issue with their chopper flying in a slight circle (im not talking about spinning from one point, im talking about facing one direction but flying in a circle as if you were controlling it...a VERY small circle i might add) I only noticed this when trying to land on super small landing zones. 

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
13 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5

smith: 2