Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
From the box
From the box
Tags: Syma X9
Gopher
Guests
June 16, 2014 - 6:59 am

JamDJ and Syma Freak,

Thank you both. I am really having fun with it. Finally got a small precision screw driver set so I can access things better than using a steak knife. smileMy almost 4 year old loves it. However, my younger one isn't too thrilled with the buzzing overhead. I probably added it to when the fan blew it onto her. confusedThanks for the new lingo - bind & bind and fly.

Syma Freak
Admin
June 6, 2014 - 7:31 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Hi JamDJ and Gopher,

To be honest Gopher JamDJ has explained this better than I could, please keep posting, we are here to help. JamDJ really appreciate your fast reply and thank you, you really help as your concept of the 107 to everyone on the forum

praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

JamDJ
Lancaster, PA, USA
Admin
June 6, 2014 - 1:14 pm
Forum Posts: 264
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Gopher, No need to worry!

The older and original 107s had a spring-loaded throttle (left stick). The mods you read about

were how to disconnect the spring to ensure a "hands free" hover and more accurate flight control.

When the next generation of the 107 was produced, Syma did away with the spring as consumer

demand relegated "no springs attached" (probably on this forum!) and possibly a cost-cutting measure.

Anyway, yes, this is correct, out of the box, thus ensuring you have a newer model! There are a few of

us on here whom like the spring-loaded remote since you can let go of the remote and the copter will

fall directly downward if you get in trouble flying towards something you don't want to be near.

As far as the A/B channel goes, the only switch is on the remote. Stick with "A" unless you are flying more

than 1 chopper. You'll collect more soon, you'll see... but generally we use the same remote to fly our collections,

almost always on "A", unless you are flying at the same time with a friend.

Turn your heli on first. Wait a few seconds, then turn on your remote. Gently add throttle to left stick and see if

it takes off, keeping adding until full throttle, then fully back off. If nothing happens, try again. This is normal and

may take several attempts until the remote and the helicopter are communicating with each other. I use the word

"gently" here, as once communication is established, you could send your heli into the ceiling if you give full throttle

quickly!

This process is called "binding". As you progress into this hobby, you will hear it again. "Bind and Fly" means you

are just buying a helicopter and using your own remote! 

As far as knock-offs go, the only bad thing we look down on here are those advertised as being original Syma

but made by someone else, kind of like fake wristwatches.

Hope this helps and please fly safely and enjoy!

Gopher
Guests
June 6, 2014 - 4:31 am

I was reading through the modifications that can be done. One of those is to remove the spring from the left thumb control. I have not done this mod but the thumb control does not return down when released. Should I be concerned that this is a knockoff? Or could it mean that the spring was forgotten when it was assembled?

Next, the controller has a switch for A or B frequency and the literature that came with says to make the frequency on the controller match the position on the heli. However, I don't know where the switch is on the heli.

Thanks.

Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
23 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5