Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Floats on an S107?
Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 6:00 am

Supernova said:

Freeonthree

I have watched your video, and I think you have got very good control and should be pleased with your flying skill, they are not easy to master but you obviously have practiced a lot.

I think the last landing was the best, very smooth and careful, it just goes to prove that some people go at it to fast then wonder why they break them.

Nice control.  Just try to avoid the TBE.

http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/10.gif 

TBE ?  Whats that ?

Don't forget, I flew collective pitch heli's for 2 to 3 years, so this little coaxial is user friendly for me. I only crash when I get silly and careless, or when I hit something. lol   

is it "Toilet Bowl Effects" ?   Thanks for the swirley bowl picture hint, if I got it right  :>)

I have to open the red one now and give it a hug.  Smile

Freeonthree
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 5:47 am

No prob on the heli's charge, but I do it differently. When the Lipo is getting low, the steering trim will go out a little, and that's my time to land and cool soon indicator.  Fly maybe 30 seconds more, then land and cool.

On the rechargable battery's. They are 1.2 volts, and my dollar store battery's are 1.5 volts, and the tx's uses 6.

Your lacking .3 volts X 6 = 1.8 volts less right out of the gate.  Not that it matters, just a thought...

I got 5 packs of 12 AA battery's, one here has an expiration of 12 / 2013, for $5.00  Thats 10 fillups, and tomorrow will make like 6 or 7 days on the first set of six. Granted, I never got this kind of time out of battery's from the Dollar Store before.

I thought I was flying like 10 charges a day, but it's more like an average of 5 or 6, I think...

I'll average the TX on time at 8 minutes per flight session. Then round that up and call it an hour a week of on time.

News Flash... Got my heli on a tuesday morning, so today is the 8th day flying on this 1st set of cheap AA Battery's.

I'll do a voltage check with the DVOM later, but my red S107G just showed up, Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !   

Supernova
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 5:20 am

Freeonthree

I have watched your video, and I think you have got very good control and should be pleased with your flying skill, they are not easy to master but you obviously have practiced a lot.

I think the last landing was the best, very smooth and careful, it just goes to prove that some people go at it to fast then wonder why they break them.

Nice control.  Just try to avoid the TBE.

http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/10.gif 

CPD
Guests
February 1, 2012 - 1:29 am

1 I've seen people try landing on beer/pop cans on youtube, and I've tried myself, and it's hard to land one on a box let alone a popcan! (granted, the heli I was using, my hybrid107, isn't too stable and has minor tbe and slides)

2 There's an easy way to tell when your heli's running out of breath-if you have to hold the throttle higher than 3/4 to keep it flying, expect it to have only a few more minutes of flight before you have to land and burn off the rest of the battery. Just keep that in mind.

As far as the controller batteries, well,  you're out of luck. I use three sets of rechargable batteries that we (my dad and I) had for cameras that are old and were retired. They hold a charge in these helis for three days, then take all day to charge because neither us nor my mom can find the speed chargers, just my dad's $50 Enyloop charger that charges batteries individually and slowly for the best life out of them. (good thing too, because 2 of the batteries in the dark green kodak set charge really fast, a 3rd charges fairly fast, but an hour or two after the others, and the 4th takes 2-3 more hours to charge!Grnated, on a charger that the 2 fast ones take 3-4 hours, that's not THAT insane of a time extra)

Freeonthree
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 6:59 pm

We look funny too  :>)

Hey, do these high dollar transmitters (under $4.00) let us know when the battery's get low, or do we find out the hard way ?  Inquiring minds want to know, and I lost control earlier, over the bed luckily, but I thought it may have been the TV, so I turned it off, and it seems fine now. I've been on the first set of batts for 5 or 6 days now, and their from the dollar store, you know, the good stuff. hahahahaha ! 

Syma Freak
Admin
January 31, 2012 - 6:49 pm
Forum Posts: 1452
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

seaturtle said:

better stock up on rice;)

I love your humor guys -neat!!

"Fly like a butterfly sting like a Syma" http://syma107.com

Freeonthree
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 6:46 pm

Good idea... :>)

Anyone here land on a soda size can yet. I thought about it, but I don't want my heli to fall if I miss  :>(

I've crashed it enough already, and I don't wanna give it a complex.  The can landing looks very tricky indeed, whew ! 

I bet that little slide backwards feels awesome. Then ya know it's gunna stay there. 

Think i'll master the plastic cutting board first.  Just like planes, the landing is the hardest part to make look good.

seaturtle
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 6:21 pm

better stock up on rice;)

Freeonthree
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 6:04 pm

OMG !  I forgot to close it again !  Good thing I always put the lid down, whew !  My heli doesn't have any swirley bowl floats, or enough rudder to compensate   :>(

Syma Freak
Admin
January 31, 2012 - 5:17 pm

I am being a little cheeky here,but maybe you should close the toilet door,land in there you will have TBE-Lol

Freeonthree
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 5:11 pm

At least were all having fun. I just hope I don't break anything before my red one arrives. So far so good...

I answered a 2010 Syma S107G landing challenge... here's my entry... I kinda sucked... need more practice, STAT !  lol

Syma Freak
Admin
January 31, 2012 - 5:02 pm

Freeonthree said:

Im a firm believer that water and electricity don't mix. When I tried my hand at float flying, I was taught to put the receiver in a bag, and tie it closed. It might be tricky to seal the circuit board in the heli. I wouldn't want it submerged in water with battery power going to it. Might take out the ic chip or something else on there.  I wouldn't do it on purpose, although mine did go swimming in the dogs water bowl once and survived.  Dennis

You are correct-Had a Nine eagles Skyrunner plane-landed in the sea-it works on a mother board with all servos on the board,tried to dry it out,however was salt water,just killed the board,bought another board was ok.

I am also big time into planes and bought all of the Nine Eagle planes-So mad as I am building a blog on them all- good and bad points-Will post later on that.

A few years ago put golf,oil painting on hold for Rc helis and planes the enjoyment they give me,from flying to repairing them is immense- however water is bad news for either-Good point Freeonthree

Freeonthree
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 8:34 am

I agree with you, and they do make RC submarines anyway  :>)   Dennis

Drivin_Dave
Guests
January 31, 2012 - 7:34 am

Funny thing, I was buzzing around the house last night and almost dumped it in while the kids were washing dishes!

Don't want to test your wet circuit board theory just yet!Embarassed

Freeonthree
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 7:08 pm

Im a firm believer that water and electricity don't mix. When I tried my hand at float flying, I was taught to put the receiver in a bag, and tie it closed. It might be tricky to seal the circuit board in the heli. I wouldn't want it submerged in water with battery power going to it. Might take out the ic chip or something else on there.  I wouldn't do it on purpose, although mine did go swimming in the dogs water bowl once and survived.  Dennis

CPD
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 1:50 pm

I would do something, but after reading some other stuff, it might be a good idea to try something where the motherboard can't get wet. (read "dog bowl crash")

I would put either a batery known to be waterproof, or at least highly water resistant, a watertight seal around the battery, or an rc boat battery.

The only thing is, I think the primary reasoning (and you'll have to ask SF to make sure I'm not wrong, as I haven't done it myself) was was to reduce weight, since you have these fairly heavy (for a bird with a max capacity of two light pens or one heavy pen) foam/styrofoam floats to drag around.

Drivin_Dave
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 11:43 am

Thanks CPD,

Love the vid.

Do you suggest "Dale's Battery Mod" that Syma Freak has on his blog site for a float mod?

I'm not ready to mod my S107 yet. Maybe after I bag some serious hours at the stick I will be more adventurous.

CPD
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 8:10 am

SF's one friend did. It works for swimming pools, but only in the evening when there isn't enough IR to interfere with the reciever.

Need just simple foam, duct tape, and somewhere to land.

Personally, if I had the cash, I'd put them on the new, larger version of the 111g uscg dolphin and take it to the local lake. LOL!

Here's the vid- 

you have to do a battery mod first, though. Otherwise, if you flop, it'll fry the battery.

Drivin_Dave
Guests
January 30, 2012 - 6:44 am

It may be insane to ask, but has anyone tried to mod floats to an S107?

I did a search of the forum and didn't turn up a topic for this. I suppose one would have to strip weight from the heli before making such a mod. Still cogitating on a suitable material for floats for this little bird. Any thoughts?

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5