Welcome to our Syma Forum - Please click on topics to view comments.You have to be a member to post-Free to join. Enter correct email as password will be emailed to you- All Syma Helicopter help and advice here. NEW- you can now change color of forum, bottom of page!

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In

Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

The forums are currently locked and only available for read only access
This topic is locked No permission to create posts
sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
Fix'ed Yellow's TBE Hover Problem
Tags: Syma X9
CPD
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 11:58 pm

Guess I should do that too then-my yellow has a slight tbe, and it might be that.

Needed to oil them up anyway.

Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 7:06 pm

Just spoke with Bernie. He said there are no bearings in there. He also said it was one long hole for the shaft.

OK, thats easy then, just lube from the top and let gravity do it thing.

I stuck my neck out using the lubericant I did, without reading the label first, I tend to do that sometimes, and I suggest anyone else use something made for models and these types of plastics. I'll be shopping for some now myself.

Life is great without 3 inch hovering circles  Laugh

Just flew yellow again, and sill no circular hovering, so I guess things were just binding a little, causing an oscillation in the blades perhaps. We need a gear and shaft grease called S107G Lube  Laugh  Sounds Technical eh...

Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 6:43 pm

Bear in mind, my TBE toilet bowl effect hover problem was slight. It would hover in a circular motion of about 3 inchs of diameter, and it seemed to come on rather quickly, along with a little excessive gear noise. Both heli's were starting to get kinda noisy actually. There both wisper quiet now.

Im gunna look around for some special plastic gear grease and bearing lube for these little flying models. 

As soon as I have the bearings out of one of these heli's, im going to measure them and look into some quality bearings from Boca Bearing for my baby's.  Anyone know if these are sealed or open bearings ?     

Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 6:18 pm

I hope it has bearings in there. I'd hate to think the shafts are turning in plastic holes  Surprised

Im sure I red where someone said to be careful the bearings don't fall out when your working on them.

I'd be pulling them and packing them with vasoline or light grease, knowing what I think I know now  Wink

bvc
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 6:03 pm

bearings? Confused

Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 5:54 pm

Ok, now for my conclusion...

Yellow had a wee bit too much slop in the main shaft/bearings, and the oil took up some of the slack, and smoothed things out. If feels alot smoother in my hand now also.

I noticed on both heli's that some lubricant sneek out of the upper bearings and collected on top of the bearing housing and im sure the same goes for the bottom bearing.

Im going to start lubing my heli's bearing and gears once a week, or as soon as they start to get noisy like before.

My blade grips are back to gently snugged again, and apparantly the lubing did the trick. No more TBE Hover, this time...

Freeonthree
Guests
February 6, 2012 - 5:24 pm

Ok, I screwed up a little, but I fixed it. I loosened the blades, and retightened down to first resistance, and lubed the shaft bearings and drive gears. Now it hums quietly, and no more TBE hover, sweeeeeeeet !

Just lubed red too, he was getting kinda noisey too. Sure makes a difference.

I used "Slick 50 One Lube" spray, and just dribbled a drop down the shaft to the bearings and rotated the shaft, and did it inverted for the lower bearing where I had to let it run down the top of the gear to get it to the shaft, then rotated to get it in there. Boy these heli's sound smooth now  :>) 

Just test flew both heli's again, and both hover perfectly now, awesome !  Now to retighten the blades on yellow, like they were before...  nope, still perfect. 

This topic is locked No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: Australia/Sydney

Most Users Ever Online: 211

Currently Online:
9 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

MikeK: 178

SymaGuru: 32

justdon: 9

nope: 5